Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-25-2021, 04:39 AM   #321
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
You're reading waaaaaay too much into my comment; it was more of a rhetorical statement/question than anything.

I never said anything about the ES and I know what causes FOMO. I don't know how fear of missing out can be seen as a positive when it is very much related to impulsive and addictive behaviors. I'm not saying I have never ordered anything because of FOMO in the past, but it's definitely not a good thing to act on in terms of buying expensive "things".

When I say I don't understand the hype, it has nothing to do with marketing strategies. It's because it's just another Bale Batman in my eyes. I'm not even sure if the majority would consider Bale the best Batman. It's a very cool Batman piece and very well done, but when we are talking close to $5k (bbts prices), which may be chump change for some of you, to me, that would have to be a game changer of a statue for that kind of money.
FOMO is a direct result of collecting limited editions of anything. I also think its surprising how expensive these statues have gotten.....I can see me steeping back soon.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 08:43 AM   #322
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

For me, now is the best time to collect, as prices are less than they will be in the future, and so many pieces are being released

I will enjoy the present while it lasts lol
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 01:46 AM   #323
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
For me, now is the best time to collect, as prices are less than they will be in the future, and so many pieces are being released

I will enjoy the present while it lasts lol
I agree. I?m POing quite a few that I think are somewhat still ?reasonably? priced. XM already out for me as I think they?ve gone well (should be read: WELLLLLL) past what I consider reasonable. Funny, I have PO?ed 2 x 1/3rd Prime one pieces this last week because I ?saved? money not ordering 2 x 1/4 XM pieces I thought I was going to jump on? until the price was announced 😂.

PO?ed this because I regret not getting WW. Even though I?d prefer a traditional WW it?s just so beautiful I should have pulled that trigger. Live and learn. Sooooo, having learned, I PO?ed this, my fav movie version of Batman. Otherwise I know I?ll regret later also.

Now the very long wait we?re all accustomed too!!
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 02:56 AM   #324
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
PO?ed this because I regret not getting WW. Even though I?d prefer a traditional WW it?s just so beautiful I should have pulled that trigger. Live and learn. Sooooo, having learned, I PO?ed this, my fav movie version of Batman. Otherwise I know I?ll regret later also.

Now the very long wait we?re all accustomed too!!
Did you get the Duo or Single version?
Old 11-26-2021, 05:06 AM   #325
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Did you get the Duo or Single version?
Got the single, I don?t think my local distributor had the duo, if they did I must have been gone instantly because I was pretty on it.

TBH I?m not sure I could?ve justified the cost of both? that said, even the missus told me to get the duo 😂😂😂
Old 11-26-2021, 05:26 AM   #326
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Got the single, I don?t think my local distributor had the duo, if they did I must have been gone instantly because I was pretty on it.

TBH I?m not sure I could?ve justified the cost of both? that said, even the missus told me to get the duo 😂😂😂
If you want the Duo, send me a PM, I know a place in Europe which still has stock.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:21 PM   #327
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
If you want the Duo, send me a PM, I know a place in Europe which still has stock.
Thank you but I?m in Australia so won?t be able to afford that! Once you add shipping, import duty and taxes the price is ludicrous. The distributor here bundles all the costs and it comes to a far more reasonable price.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:54 PM   #328
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Thank you but I’m in Australia so won?t be able to afford that! Once you add shipping, import duty and taxes the price is ludicrous. The distributor here bundles all the costs and it comes to a far more reasonable price.
Yep, I also usually go with Sugo for these kind of pieces; at least I do now since I found out about them.

But as to the end price it all depends on whether you get hit with custom duties and sales tax or not. I recently got away with a 1/2 scale piece that was imported and I ended up similar to the price charged by Sugo. Heck if I had paid for the earlier instalments at the same exchange rate as I did for the shipping I would’ve paid $400 AUD lower!

However if I had been hit by customs it would’ve increased my cost by $700-$800.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 02:25 PM   #329
PacMan3000
The Spirit

For anyone that has bought this at Spec... have you been charged for the deposit yet?
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 08:45 PM   #330
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000 View Post
For anyone that has bought this at Spec... have you been charged for the deposit yet?
I was charged a deposit for the single on the 19th.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote