Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-20-2020, 10:50 AM   #511
onesixth
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The only thing I am bothered about is not getting a full surf board. They have gone with a coming out a black hole kinda look, but the board seems kinda abruptly shaped at present.
onesixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:50 AM   #512
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
I was hoping for a museum, stoic pose for him, but this does feel underwhelming and too symmetrical. His pose is almost ripped from a bodybuilding stage where they are tensing/holding their physiques between poses, rather than a cosmic herald wandering the expanse of space. A foot forward, a slight twist in the torso or more difference between the two arms and it would have made this a possible purchase for me.
Yeah, that's what my post was about, too.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:50 AM   #513
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The Silver Surfer sculpt is nice but it is rather dull.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:51 AM   #514
Peedi
The Secret Six

This is a very safe direction to go in but the pose fits Silver Surfer. He just came out of a portal and he’s looking very regal and stoic...2 big aspects of his character. It’s a safe and boring pose but it works for me, rather than SS try something more dynamic and fail.

Despite there being absolutely no need for this to be a maquette, looks like a basic PF to me, I’m all in, with the Frankie Raye Nova, an excellent choice for Ex. I see they went the Kitty/Juggs route with this Ex.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:51 AM   #515
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I really liked the female EX piece. He was really, really boring IMO.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:52 AM   #516
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
I was hoping for a museum, stoic pose for him, but this does feel underwhelming and too symmetrical. His pose is almost ripped from a bodybuilding stage where they are tensing/holding their physiques between poses, rather than a cosmic herald wandering the expanse of space. A foot forward, a slight twist in the torso or more difference between the two arms and it would have made this a possible purchase for me.
My exact initial thoughts as well.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:52 AM   #517
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Waiting for better pics but I like what I see so far.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:53 AM   #518
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Just a quick google search for a similar pose, but just turning the body on the board or tilting the head (though this example would be more for if you have him displayed up high), makes such a difference on a very similar pose.

Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:53 AM   #519
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixth View Post
The only thing I am bothered about is not getting a full surf board. They have gone with a coming out a black hole kinda look, but the board seems kinda abruptly shaped at present.
Same thought. But if we go with the idea he’s coming out of a portal/black hole, it works. But yeah, same thought.

However it does slightly lessen the necessary display space for those that would be concerned about that.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:55 AM   #520
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I think the disappointment is part the boring surfer and part not showing anything we weren’t expecting today.
Just different people want different things. This embodies Silver Surfer to me but to someone else maybe not. All the people that wanted more action had Sideshow done that , then the collectors who hate that would be putting goofy pics up of similar poses or complaining about his right leg is 2 centimetres to high and his arm can't possible move in that direction. Fun fact I dislike the old Comiquette. To me this is worlds better.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote