Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-12-2023, 07:54 AM   #851
Singuy
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Singuy should be happy Catwoman did not arrive with the head snapped off.
I already glued the head on. According to JND, the head is removable? It didn't damage the neck area.

The reason I am extra critical with this is because I bought it second hand from a reseller claiming this piece to be new. He warned the outer box is damaged before shipping, but the inner box has damage, figure arrived with the head detached, and I'm seeing some flaws. I thought JND has no flaws but you guys seem to be okay with this. If that's the case then I'm not going to give the reseller a hard time.
Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 10:29 PM   #852
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singuy View Post
I already glued the head on. According to JND, the head is removable? It didn't damage the neck area.

The reason I am extra critical with this is because I bought it second hand from a reseller claiming this piece to be new. He warned the outer box is damaged before shipping, but the inner box has damage, figure arrived with the head detached, and I'm seeing some flaws. I thought JND has no flaws but you guys seem to be okay with this. If that's the case then I'm not going to give the reseller a hard time.
Absolutely no such thing in this hobby as a piece without flaws. Perfection would be a dream come true.

However JND’s reputation is more about the limited decrease in quality from prototype to production pieces relative to other manufacturers.

And it’s not really a matter of being okay with it, it’s just that there are far far worse QC issues than the ones being pointed out.

I can pretty much pick apart every single statue I have, and I usually do (but I only mention the bigger issues on my few written reviews here, as those posts of mine are already overly long) as I go over my pieces with a fine tooth comb…. well really a brush and torchlight to really inspect every square inch of a piece from less than 6” away.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote