Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-21-2024, 04:10 PM   #101
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Gentlemen......please step off the hype train.

What have we learnt from JND? These companies are basically throwing sh*t against the wall to see what sticks.

When the dust settles, and the hype train rumbles off to the next station - this will be sitting on retailer shelves, gathering dust, and selling with a 20% discount.

You're mad if you pre-order this at full price.....
We’re all a little bit mad as it is.

And all this hobby is, is hype amongst ourselves.

And I’m sure it’ll get discounted eventually (even at a 299 edition size), as Queen pieces do tend to get discounted by retailers from time to time. But even at a 20% discount, I’m not too concerned if that eventually happens, as that has happened with many of our pieces over time anyway.

I’m not about to cry to the bank if it fell by 20%, but if it fell by 50%, maybe then.

However by ordering nearly a dozen silicone busts from both Queen and Infinity, it’s possibly numbed me to that maybe extreme price point.

Who are we kidding, it did numb me to it. Oh well.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 04:14 PM   #102
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I've had this thought as well. I remember John saying in an interview a few months back, that if order numbers don't reach the ES limit, they would simply cut production short rather than have excess product sitting on shelves. I definitely plan to get more specific info on that before I order.

I agree that no one should be FOMOing right now. With how expensive this is, and the current state of the market, this won't sell out anytime soon, if ever.
Queen pieces rarely sell out anyway. And I mean a real sellout from initial retailers. Their pieces are usually readily available from some retailers well after they’ve started shipping to collectors.
Old 03-21-2024, 04:22 PM   #103
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Who are we kidding, it did numb me to it. Oh well.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 04:31 PM   #104
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
How so?

I agree that this Hulk is impressive (The best MCU hulk we'll get for a while), but on the other hand, I have their Dr Strange bust, and when I compare the two in terms of value for the price, it doesn't add up. The Strange bust has the exact same or slightly more silicone, more punched hair, more real clothing, and a more complicated paint job. All that and it totaled out to around 4k retail, with a lower ES of only 200.

As someone said earlier in this thread, I think QS saw JND charge 3k+ for Wonder Woman, and decided they wanted in to the party. I'll more than likely bite the bullet and order this and the MK7, but only because I don't think they could pull this again. All of the other characters won't need nearly as much silicone, so the prices should be in the "normal" range.
I’ve actually kind of cooled on my Doctor Strange bust, more so than the others I’ve received. Something about the likeness is just throwing me off over time. Probably just in my head, but it’s usually the opposite feeling for me, where I tend to get used to any deficiencies over time.

And with regards to silicone, I’m pretty sure the Hulk will have significantly more of the material involved. There might be enough coverage on just its two arms to exceed the amount of silicone used on Doctor Strange’s entire head. Just look at the size of that hand. During the articulation video, it looked like it was handshake between similar sized individuals. And then, we have all the silicone left from the chest, head and legs to spare. But it does loose in terms of the sheer amount of punched hair and the fabrics.

Queen pieces are usually a solid core wrapped in an outer layer of silicone. Which contrasts with JND, where their pieces tend to be floppy, due to them being almost solid silicone. However given the flex/articulation, the usual solid inner core probably isn’t there, and I’m assuming it only has a skeletal frame along certain areas like the arms, in order to have it bend, which means the arms could very well be almost solid silicone (or at least a lot more than Queen’s normal usage).

But all these Queen pieces I’ve ordered from Queen are all probably a little over priced to a certain extent. As long as we’re satisfied with what we paid for it, I’m sort of fine with it, though obviously I still wish they were priced lower.

EDIT: And after just receiving that JND Wonder Woman piece a couple days ago, it definitely helped me justify, internal, spending that kind of money. That JND was I think $3,200 USD, but retailers were I believe requested by JND to have it priced above $3,800 or more. So, for a bit more, I get an enormous hulk of a figure which will complete dwarf that Wonder Woman.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:15 PM   #105
Underoos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
How so?

I agree that this Hulk is impressive (The best MCU hulk we'll get for a while), but on the other hand, I have their Dr Strange bust, and when I compare the two in terms of value for the price, it doesn't add up. The Strange bust has the exact same or slightly more silicone, more punched hair, more real clothing, and a more complicated paint job. All that and it totaled out to around 4k retail, with a lower ES of only 200.

As someone said earlier in this thread, I think QS saw JND charge 3k+ for Wonder Woman, and decided they wanted in to the party. I'll more than likely bite the bullet and order this and the MK7, but only because I don't think they could pull this again. All of the other characters won't need nearly as much silicone, so the prices should be in the "normal" range.
This is the mentality that makes them keep doing this. People are buying. They see people buy JND's $3k+ 1/3 pieces and now people are going to buy either this Hulk, Iron Man, or maybe both of them despite all this fuss about the price. If I was Queen I'd keep overcharging too because I know I can get away with it.
Underoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 05:22 PM   #106
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
This is the mentality that makes them keep doing this. People are buying. They see people buy JND's $3k+ 1/3 pieces and now people are going to buy either this Hulk, Iron Man, or maybe both of them despite all this fuss about the price. If I was Queen I'd keep overcharging too because I know I can get away with it.
As odd as this might be. While I’m not exactly perfectly fine with the price of this Hulk, I still think the 1/3 Mark 7 I preordered is more overpriced than this.

And the reception to Hulk’s price, was certainly not helped by the belief that the price would be comparable to that Mark 7 piece. It never quite made sense to me, but many collectors thought it was true.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:09 PM   #107
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

$4,400 feels like extortion.

I have two preorders left, after that I think I’m done collecting.

This is just ridiculous at this point.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 06:10 PM   #108
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Cause you and I have been in this game for a while now and we know better when it comes to Queen/ JND or any other company and pricing.

To think a licensed Hulk piece like this this would come in under $4k is pretty funny.
I?m more mad at myself for thinking there could even be a possibility of it being true. You?re right, I do know better, but I?m still mad because I really want this, but there is no way I can justify it, even though I could afford it.

If the future discounts are juicy enough in the next 2-3 years when they actually start coming to the US, then maybe I will consider one. 0 chance I order this at full retail unless I win the lottery.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 06:19 PM   #109
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
$4,400 feels like extortion.

I have two preorders left, after that I think I?m done collecting.

This is just ridiculous at this point.
You should always collect at price points you’re comfortable with. If that’s no longer the case, it’s best to exit, rather than dragging it out and regretting it later.
Old 03-21-2024, 07:36 PM   #110
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
For sure. 100%. I'll admit I sounded hypocritical when I wrote that. And the crazy thing is, I've also complained about this in the past in a few JND threads.

Honestly, I've done quite a bit of thinking about this topic over the past few years, and the conclusion I've come to is that these price hikes (read: gouging) will NOT continue indefinitely. Someone, somewhere, will see an opportunity to undercut these big companies, and by doing so, they'll sort of "reset" the market.

Take the automotive industry for example. After Covid and the supply chain issues ended, instead of cutting prices, many American manufacturers decided to produce less vehicles in order to artificially keep the supply low and the demand high, allowing them to continue charging their high prices (sound familiar?). Much like the statue market, people complain but they still buy them. But now, Chinese auto manufacturers are on the verge of entering the US market, and if they can successfully deliver quality cars for the extremely low prices they're rumored to charge, it will have a significant ripple effect. American automakers will have to drop their prices in order to compete.

I believe the same will happen with the statue market.... Eventually...

All it takes is one company making the decision to deliver a comparable product for considerably less to "reset" the market. Look at Tesla. They saw how expensive other EVs were becoming, along with the down trending economy, so they cut prices on their vehicles by a considerable amount to stay ahead of the competition. And as a result, the rest of the EV market toppled because of it.

This is just my analysis. I could be totally wrong about this. But hell, if this doesn't come to fruition in the next year or so, I might throw my hat in the ring, start a company and give it a try myself.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote