Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-04-2020, 07:21 PM   #27111
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The Last Days of Disco (1998) - Story of two female Manhattan book editors fresh out of college, both finding love and themselves while frequenting the local disco.

Typical dialogue-heavy Whit Stillman movie, but whereas I liked Metropolitan, this one felt lukewarm to me. And the Blu-ray transfer was crystal clear which I think detracted from the disco-era setting. Reviews for this are very good so I'll give it another chance at some point in the near future. 5/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 07:12 PM   #27112
ParisDean

Season of the Witch (1972) - A neglected, unhappy suburban housewife with gets mixed up in witchcraft with unexpected consequences.

Unexpectedly subdued for a George A. Romero film. I thought there would have been more actual witchcraft instead of it being a psychological thriller. 6/10
Old 11-06-2020, 05:42 PM   #27113
ParisDean

Possession (1981) - A woman starts exhibiting increasingly disturbing behavior after asking her husband for a divorce. Suspicions of infidelity soon give way to something much more sinister.

I appreciated this much more watching it a second time, knowing it's an over-the-top bananas movie. 7/10
Old 11-09-2020, 06:06 PM   #27114
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Terminator: Dark Fate - 4/10 - Just...why?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:40 AM   #27115
ukshaun
Hercules

Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

I liked it.

7/10

Once the credit's had rolled, i couldn't help but jump on Goggle to find out more about Brod
railway station. Turns out Brod railway station is a set built in a studio. Amazing!

Once down the rabit hole, i would discover how much more CGI was involved in the creation
of landscapes. I love it when CGI is put to such good use, when it works, does not look fake.

A monumental set of the convoy cut off in a viaduct railroad was erected in a backlot at
Longcross. The Artemis Fowl house from the movie directed by Kenneth Branagh, was also
built here. Green screens and digital graphics help to create the illusion that you are stranded
in the Balkans, when in fact you are filming at less than 30 miles from central London.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:07 AM   #27116
statman
Baron Zemo

War Games - 7.5/10

Still a fun movie! I enjoyed revisiting this movie and seeing all of the extremely dated computer hardware. lol
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:27 PM   #27117
ParisDean

The Blair Witch Project (1999) - Three film students vanish after traveling into a Maryland forest to film a documentary on the local Blair Witch legend, leaving only their footage behind.

Many people think this film is a whole lot of nothing, but it's one of my favorite horror movies and I find it very unsettling even after repeated viewings. 10/10
Old 11-11-2020, 06:21 PM   #27118
ParisDean

The Witch (2015) - A family in 1630s New England is torn apart by the forces of witchcraft, black magic, and possession.

Over the last few years, this has become a Halloween favorite. 9/10
Old 11-11-2020, 06:37 PM   #27119
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
War Games - 7.5/10

Still a fun movie! I enjoyed revisiting this movie and seeing all of the extremely dated computer hardware. lol
Yeah, I rewatched it not long ago, definitely got a kick out of the 80s tech and hacker methodology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
The Blair Witch Project (1999) - Three film students vanish after traveling into a Maryland forest to film a documentary on the local Blair Witch legend, leaving only their footage behind.

Many people think this film is a whole lot of nothing, but it's one of my favorite horror movies and I find it very unsettling even after repeated viewings. 10/10
I remember seeing it in the theater, definitely does a great job of making you feel the paranoia, fright, and desperation of the protagonists. I recall a lot of people were scared to go into the woods after seeing this
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 03:04 PM   #27120
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Terminator: Dark Fate - 4/10 - Just...why?
I have never someone piss on their legacy/franchise the way James Cameron did with this movie.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote