Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-15-2023, 08:32 PM   #801
omigeo
Alpha Flight

OMYGOSH, what a heavy statue. I didn't pull her all out of the packaging, but I notice that there is some sort of breakage to the bone parts, plus the shipper box was so damn damaged and flimsy for such a heavy item. That shipper box should have been a heavy-duty box.

I also notice some dampness in the base area. So not sure why that would be. She is gorgeous though.

This will be my first and last statue this size. She gave us a workout. ....LOL
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 10:27 PM   #802
2006chaos
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Any pics of the damaged box, shipper and styro? Just curious
Sure, as you can see, here is the big hole. There are more holes on that side, but you get to see what I'm talking about. The shipping box they used was thin cardboard garbage.

The last picture is from yesterday with the UPS man there before he ran back to his truck and drove away with my package. But There is the UPS man with my box you can already see it's all smashed up. UPS had me come get it myself today!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230215_134241.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	159212   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230215_134411.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	407.6 KB
ID:	159213   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230214_231139_Ring.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	159214  
2006chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 10:37 PM   #803
Skafte
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
The little red circle is where the issue happened on mine.
This is exactly the same spot where mine was broken.

Congrats to everyone who got her, she's a stunner.
Skafte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 12:49 AM   #804
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006chaos View Post
Sure, as you can see, here is the big hole. There are more holes on that side, but you get to see what I'm talking about. The shipping box they used was thin cardboard garbage.

The last picture is from yesterday with the UPS man there before he ran back to his truck and drove away with my package. But There is the UPS man with my box you can already see it's all smashed up. UPS had me come get it myself today!
try to ask SSC for a replacement box....you never know they might

LOL at the Ring Cam photo
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 02:01 AM   #805
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
The last picture is from yesterday with the UPS man there before he ran back to his truck and drove away with my package.
Are those Christmas lights still hanging?
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 03:17 AM   #806
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Yep looks like it....theres still a lot of houses on the blocks where i live that have them....some keep them up all year 24 7....i decided to keep mine up too and flick them on once in a while...

anyone else still have their xmas lights or decors still up? share some.pics please
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 03:38 AM   #807
2006chaos
Fantastic Four

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Not Christmas lights there white garden lights. They warp around the whole house so you can see the whole property at night, mostly to see if there are any people trying to break in or steal my truck.

I live in the worst town with the highest level of criminal activity in my state, and i live within 2 miles of the county jail. People break out all the time here, and the cops are useless here as they don't do anything. So, private justice is inevitable here. Especially with the farmer neighbors i got.
They will shoot your head off at night if they can't see your face.

Crime is so bad that we had a woman just shopping at the grocery store last week by my house, and this criminal came up behind her and slit her throat open in the producers section area in front of everyone in the grocery store. I would say 80% of the people here carry guns on them at all times. so that guy didn't make it, and they were able to save her life.

So that is the story about the lights, basically.
2006chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 08:22 AM   #808
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

Finished repairing the broken bone this morning.
One of the bones had snapped off in transit.
Not only had the bone broken off, it had snapped in half, and a 4mm x 4mm flake (top arrow) was missing (located later in the clear plastic bag)

3 points to glue, and it turned out fine.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:16 AM   #809
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Not Christmas lights there white garden lights. They warp around the whole house so you can see the whole property at night, mostly to see if there are any people trying to break in or steal my truck.

I live in the worst town with the highest level of criminal activity in my state, and i live within 2 miles of the county jail. People break out all the time here, and the cops are useless here as they don't do anything. So, private justice is inevitable here. Especially with the farmer neighbors i got.
They will shoot your head off at night if they can't see your face.

Crime is so bad that we had a woman just shopping at the grocery store last week by my house, and this criminal came up behind her and slit her throat open in the producers section area in front of everyone in the grocery store. I would say 80% of the people here carry guns on them at all times. so that guy didn't make it, and they were able to save her life.

So that is the story about the lights, basically.
Sounds like you live in the Lexington area. I am from Indiana originally and have heard of crazy things happening there that were crime related. If I remember correctly, there was a woman who was attacked and throat cut in a Krogers in 2015.

My bad. You said it happened last week.

Apparently randomly getting your throat cut in a grocery store happens more than you would think. Just did a google search.....WOW!

Last edited by jeremydmc; 02-16-2023 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Wrong dates.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 02:12 PM   #810
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Anyway. More pictures.
sounds like a pain somewhere quite low down to get her home but at least she's there...
all I can say is you have impeccable taste in ladies, that's a lovely collection, beautiful.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote