Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-16-2023, 09:44 AM   #221
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I enjoyed both 'parts' of the episode (especially taken on their own), however, whenever Favreau does this, it feels pretty ham-handed. They're trying to disseminate too much information in one Star Wars product, so there's a 30-minute side story...

It doesn't help that there's a metaphorical gun to Star Wars writers' heads, to try to connect everything and plant seeds that will blossom into justification for parts of the sh!tquel trilogy.

Yes, the emperor came back in the EU, and yes, there was more clone garbage, but Disney doubled down on it with their trilogy, and can't give it up. It's almost what Star Wars is becoming synonymous with now. I'm tired of that over-played aspect. The OT just had a passing reference to cloning. Is cloning really the most interesting part of this universe? No. I realize this show wasn't going to be heavy on Force or Jedi/Sith, but there are plenty of adventures to be had. Move on to Thrawn or Xizor or something original and stop cloning or bringing people back from the dead.

What more research does this scientist need to do anyway? The Kaminoans mastered cloning at least a generation before...

Cloning is either a dead-end or a story cop-out, because there are no stakes if you can just bring someone back.
Yeah pretty much my thoughts as well. Xizor is an interesting character and a series on Wedge Antilles would be awesome as well. According to Kathleen Kennedy though there are no books or any kind of literature to draw stories from.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 11:12 AM   #222
SONICobra
Batman

i would normally find the cloning concept fascinating but now its coming across as a very desperate attempt at justifying what they did in the ST. i wonder if filoni and favreau really have any desire to explore that any further or if its being delegated by kennedy
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 01:26 AM   #223
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Kennedy...big meh
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 01:06 PM   #224
Augen
Metal Men

I enjoyed the newest episode as I have pretty much all Mandalorian.

Seeing them train and the culture was interesting, Bo-Katan ingratiating herself to them with her deeds sets things up, especially with what we know of clan Vizla now.

Maybe I'm easy to please, but a fun adventure of a team of Mandalorians saving a kid from a alien pterodactyl was cool.

On Grogu's Order 66 flashback it didn't add a ton, but I will say it is nice of the show to cast the Jedi with someone who had a rough experience (no fault of theirs) with Star Wars. Glad they got to be cool with light sabres and help the little guy out.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 02:44 PM   #225
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

This season has beeen such a slog to get through.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 10:16 PM   #226
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

After seeing Boby Yoda have his PTSD moment, I'm surprised he didn't kill that other kid during training. Baby Yoda is a battle hardened youngling who is not to be messed with. Definitely has dark side vibes.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 01:54 AM   #227
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
On Grogu's Order 66 flashback it didn't add a ton, but I will say it is nice of the show to cast the Jedi with someone who had a rough experience (no fault of theirs) with Star Wars. Glad they got to be cool with light sabres and help the little guy out.
OMG, I didn't even realize that was Ahmed Best until I saw your post, then it dawned on me I didn't see his name in the credits, must've just missed it. But yeah, that's really cool, good for him! It wasn't a spectacular episode, but fun enough. I'm glad we got another Grogu flashback, and I did learn some new armor jargon, "rondel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
After seeing Boby Yoda have his PTSD moment, I'm surprised he didn't kill that other kid during training. Baby Yoda is a battle hardened youngling who is not to be messed with. Definitely has dark side vibes.
The thought of that actually happening But to be fair, Grogu did try to choke kill Cara Dune in Season 1
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 03:39 PM   #228
Augen
Metal Men

I continue to love the show. See yet another animated character come to life this week (and one I didn't expect at all!)

Really interested in the various Mandalorian factions and trying to unite them. It now feels like the story has a clear focus and direction to build to. My main concern is we have three episodes left to resolve this...so I'm hoping they pull it off in satisfactory way.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 12:02 AM   #229
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
See yet another animated character come to life this week (and one I didn't expect at all!)
Yooo, he looked so good! That's one of the best animated to live-action translations yet. At first I thought it might just be one of his species, but the credits confirmed it was him. The dog fights and overall action sequences have been excellent. I loved the interaction at the end between Bo-Katan and the armorer (can she get a proper name already? )...and yes, we have a more defined goal going forward. The final scene had a good horror vibe...derelict vessels in the deep of space can be quite creepy
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 10:52 AM   #230
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Was out of town at my Mom's and just caught up on last weeks and this weeks episodes.......all I can say is WOW. Love this show.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote