Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-24-2023, 11:35 AM   #11
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammilletti View Post
This teaser looks promising and doesn't look like it's going to be super big. It would make a great companion piece to Optimus. I'm trying to get out of the hobby but sooo hard!
After getting Optimus and Megatron I had to stop. They are just freakin' huge. They are great though.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 11:43 PM   #12
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
This teaser looks promising and doesn't look like it's going to be super big. It would make a great companion piece to Optimus. I'm trying to get out of the hobby but sooo hard!
Same here. I have this whole line minus Nemesis Prime. I'm running out of space and these things are big and heavy. I want to continue this line, but I may need to make some changes in order to do that.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 01:58 AM   #13
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Same here. I have this whole line minus Nemesis Prime. I'm running out of space and these things are big and heavy. I want to continue this line, but I may need to make some changes in order to do that.
I have a hard time letting go of stuff. I dont buy to sell later so I need to be sure I really like the piece before POing. I only sold one piece so far. There's just so much moving around before it starts looking crowded and the display looking out of place.
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 03:17 AM   #14
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
Yeah for sure that's great there are more coming but why start with a low-key fembot like Arcee?
I mean she's hardly a chart-topper in terms of popularity and she didn't do many memorable things in the G1 cartoon.
I would have imagined that when announcing a new statue line a company would want to start with a bang by releasing the most exciting characters of which Arcee is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
This isn't "new" - They did start with some heavy hitters like Optimus and Starscream, this is just a continuation.

Happy to see the line still going.
Yeah, this line's like... ~7 years old. 12 statues deep (Galvatron goes up for PO today).

https://www.xm-studios.com/pages/shop.aspx (filter by 'Transformers')
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 04:45 PM   #15
Danii99
Birdman

XM about to get me to order again, been a while since I haven't really wanted much for a while from any company. But this Arcee I need.
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 09:19 PM   #16
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii99 View Post
XM about to get me to order again, been a while since I haven't really wanted much for a while from any company. But this Arcee I need.
Probably the only one we’re ever going to get at this rate.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 11:05 AM   #17
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
I have a hard time letting go of stuff. I dont buy to sell later so I need to be sure I really like the piece before POing. I only sold one piece so far. There's just so much moving around before it starts looking crowded and the display looking out of place.
Yeah, I'm the same as you. I had a feeling this line would be large when I got Optimus. I had waited till he was almost sold out as I was considering the space requirements for this line. In the end, I realized that they were the best representations I'd ever get of G1 (for me) with the perfect balance of original design and details.

I want space between my pieces and I don't like a cluttered look, so I've done my best to keep my collection focused on specific lines and sizes.
Old 03-29-2023, 05:18 PM   #18
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
You must read the news.

"XM has several more Transformers characters in our pipeline for this year and we can't wait to reveal them. Stay tuned!"
This is great news. I personally think the Transformers Line are easily XM's Best Work.

I wasn't expecting Arcee. Thought the last one would be Shockwave.

More of a Decepticon Fan but eager to see how this one turns out.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:17 PM   #19
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
I wasn't expecting Arcee. Thought the last one would be Shockwave.

More of a Decepticon Fan but eager to see how this one turns out.
I thought Shockwave would be one of the last. Goes to show that low edition sizes doesn't necessarily mean a line isn't profitable.

The reality is Decepticons have more variety in their designs. I don't think they would be able to sell the majority of Autobots as single pieces (they complained about Bumblebee's sales numbers). They may be able to get a decent number of sales by consolidating two or three cars into one piece.
Old 03-29-2023, 08:17 PM   #20
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I will keep an eye on this one
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote