Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-03-2023, 06:06 PM   #11
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Looking forward to seeing this one in the theater. I hope they make a nice statue of Mary Marvel someday.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 03:53 AM   #12
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Only weeks away. Fearing it will bomb, but I'll find time to see it.
Same here. Ant-Man hasn't even made as much money as Black Adam, and the MCU isn't being rebooted like the DCEU is. Superhero fatigue?
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 04:07 AM   #13
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Same here. Ant-Man hasn't even made as much money as Black Adam, and the MCU isn't being rebooted like the DCEU is. Superhero fatigue?
Nah, it's more mediocrity fatigue. The Infinity Saga was event viewing, and the quality level was overall very high. Part of the dip is probably due to pumping out too much content between films and streaming, and Kevin Feige has been spread too thin to properly oversee everything, which is why Iger has smartly announced a scaling back of the number of projects per year...quality over quantity.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 08:25 AM   #14
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Looking forward to seeing this one in the theater. I hope they make a nice statue of Mary Marvel someday.
Would love a 1:4 or 1:3 piece!
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 06:27 PM   #15
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I just watched an interview of Zack Levi on DC Comics site about the film and he doesn't act as a different personalty for Shazam, he just plays himself...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 04:46 PM   #16
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

It was an average Super Hero flick and as a guy who likes Super Heroes, i like those films.

There is definetly room for improvement in the film and i think there will be no Black Adam in the 3rd film as well... The two after credits scenes were disappointing. I really liked a certain super heroine's cameo.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:00 PM   #17
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
It was an average Super Hero flick and as a guy who likes Super Heroes, i like those films.

There is definetly room for improvement in the film and i think there will be no Black Adam in the 3rd film as well... The two after credits scenes were disappointing. I really liked a certain super heroine's cameo.
DC making both Shazam and Black Adam movies, but never having the two characters ever meet is unfortunate to say the least.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 04:14 PM   #18
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Shazam never meeting Black Adam through three films is yet another example of DC not having their ---- together when it comes to films. It's infuriating. I find myself watching all the animated series/films over and over to see the characters and stories done properly.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 05:36 PM   #19
SickleClaw
Justice League

I liked this movie, and kind of sad to see this is probably the last we will see of these characters for a while. Especially the end credits scenes that probably are dead ends that will never be followed up again.

(I do think that Mary Marvel does deserve a good statue)
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:08 PM   #20
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Shazam never meeting Black Adam through three films is yet another example of DC not having their ---- together when it comes to films. It's infuriating. I find myself watching all the animated series/films over and over to see the characters and stories done properly.
It's really frustrating because their video games and animated movies are mostly excellent. Just look at the upcoming Suicide Squad vs Justice League game. Would make for an excellent movie.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote