Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-04-2018, 07:37 PM   #51
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

I think the neck looks a bit short because of the angle. Its no 1/1 to that screenshot. The head is turned more thus from the angle they took the picture the neck looks stumpy.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:45 PM   #52
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
Anybody else notice how they totally copied the Prime 1 Studios base designs? ....
I don't really agree, the fossil reliefs are all over the visitors center. Since they're trying to represent the VC I think it's perfecr fit.
I loved those reliefs since I was a kid, always baffled why they didn't do it for earlier bases.
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:55 PM   #53
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
I think the neck looks a bit short because of the angle. Its no 1/1 to that screenshot. The head is turned more thus from the angle they took the picture the neck looks stumpy.
This is close enough though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
And looks wrong to me.
Hate to always be that guy, especially with these details:

But that neck bothers the hell out of me.. it's a stupid way to waste what could be the best portrait of this iconic scene imo.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:31 PM   #54
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I too brought up the neck issue and I like the modded version on previous page. Makes it look more accurate for sure. That animated pic.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:39 PM   #55
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLikesDinos View Post
They seem to have referenced the animatronic and 1:5th head
They literally used the 1:5 head, and that's the right thing to do (and what every studio should do imo) since that thing is absolute perfection from every angle and it's without a doubt the best resource a studio could have to portray both CG and animatronic version.

They just did a poor job attaching it to the body.. hope to see this fixed sooo much.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:51 PM   #56
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Finally home from work so I can look at some pictures on a larger screen instead of my phone.

I totally see what everyone is saying about the neck, and the head could use a slight angle adjustment IMO.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:56 PM   #57
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
I too brought up the neck issue and I like the modded version on previous page. Makes it look more accurate for sure. That animated pic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
Finally home from work so I can look at some pictures on a larger screen instead of my phone.

I totally see what everyone is saying about the neck, and the head could use a slight angle adjustment IMO.
Great, let our voices be heard!

Old 10-04-2018, 09:05 PM   #58
ChrisLikesDinos
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
They literally used the 1:5 head, and that's the right thing to do (and what every studio should do imo) since that thing is absolute perfection from every angle and it's without a doubt the best resource a studio could have to portray both CG and animatronic version.

They just did a poor job attaching it to the body.. hope to see this fixed sooo much.

The 1:5th head doesn't reflect the final animatronic nor CG design.

There are small differences that gives it a different, rounder, stumpier look. Not a fan of using it, as it's not entirely film accurate, and falls closer to JW's design.
ChrisLikesDinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:14 PM   #59
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
I don't really agree, the fossil reliefs are all over the visitors center. Since they're trying to represent the VC I think it's perfecr fit.
I loved those reliefs since I was a kid, always baffled why they didn't do it for earlier bases.
Wasn’t on any of their previous releases though was it?! Coincidence that they just so happened to go with it now? I think not. And I agree it is a perfect fit. But Chronicle would never tolerate someone imitating their designs
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:30 PM   #60
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
The 1:5th head doesn't reflect the final animatronic nor CG design.
There are some tiny insignificant differences, like the lower jaw being beefier than the animatronics in front view, but since i got mine i'm comparing it to movie all the time and this thing perfectly matches the animatronics profile as well as the front view of the CG version which is basically a total 100% match.
It's ----ing incredible, and the best compromise that could exist in my opinion to capture both animatronic and CG in statue form, light years ahead any other attempt in recreating the thing that i've seen.
Looks and feels original, always, since it is.

Quote:
and falls closer to JW's design.
They must have messed up something when scanning or more likely editing the thing, because the 1:5 head can look absolutely nothing like JW Rex.

The side view is where the JW model gets closer to the maquette:

But you can still see how it's different and sometimes proportions can be literally all over the place on the JW model.

I haven't been able to create a total match on any angle.