Justice League

Same
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 11:19 AM   #12
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Of all Berserk pieces P1 could have done, they choose to do this lol? Who the hell is going to buy this depressing piece. FAIL.
Facts. Legendary chapter, but you either have to be a masochist to display this at home or you never read Berserk at all.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 11:36 AM   #13
Augen
Metal Men

I'll say this, I'll never forget many years ago watching the original anime this whole part play out thinking "what the!" the entire time.

I can't say it appeals to me, but it is certainly emotional and impactful.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 10:39 AM   #14
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

which is the best berserk to watch I am so confused, there is a 90's series, a 2016 version (which is the only one I have watched and it was awful) and apparently a movie trilogy the golden arc alot of people are saying is better than the 90's and the 2016 version?

so which one should I watch now, 2016 version was so bad it has destroyed my interest in Berserk but people keep going on about it so I have to give it another chance
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 11:37 AM   #15
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
which is the best berserk to watch I am so confused, there is a 90's series, a 2016 version (which is the only one I have watched and it was awful) and apparently a movie trilogy the golden arc alot of people are saying is better than the 90's and the 2016 version?

so which one should I watch now, 2016 version was so bad it has destroyed my interest in Berserk but people keep going on about it so I have to give it another chance
I'd wholeheartedly recommend reading the manga for the full experience. 370+ chapters can seem like much at first, but with a story this good you may very well end up finishing it in a handful of days.

If you insist on going animated, then I'd go with the 90's anime followed by the Golden Age movies
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 01:02 PM   #16
Billy Talent

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
I'd wholeheartedly recommend reading the manga for the full experience. 370+ chapters can seem like much at first, but with a story this good you may very well end up finishing it in a handful of days.

If you insist on going animated, then I'd go with the 90's anime followed by the Golden Age movies
Thanks I already started watch berserk 90's series before I saw this post, I am 4 episodes in and this is MUCH better than the awful 2016 version.
I don't read manga I only rarely ever watch anime, not much of an anime guy but this one looks really cool
Old 08-01-2023, 02:14 PM   #17
Billy Talent

Quote:

On second thought I might pick up the manga, saw some pictures and it looks pretty messed up, the anime I am now at episode 6 and it is not violent or disturbing at all, think the manga might be a better pick for me
Old 08-01-2023, 03:05 PM   #18
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
On second thought I might pick up the manga, saw some pictures and it looks pretty messed up, the anima I am now at episode 6 and it is not violent or disturbing at all, think the manga might be a better pick for me
Good choice, you're gonna be missing A LOT if you go anime only.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:35 PM   #19
JoBlo99
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Got to see what the price is. Getting close to tapped for the year.
JoBlo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 10:29 PM   #20
Gokanma
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Good choice, you're gonna be missing A LOT if you go anime only.
I'm an avid anime watcher and am starting to read more Manga (have read Battle Angel Alita, Claymore, half way through Vagabond).
Although I loved the 1997 anime I've been hesitant in picking up Berserk Manga as it is unfinished and never will be. Many fans still recommend it despite it being incomplete. Does it not frustrate fans to not have an ending? Is it like watching an epic movie and the last 20 min is cut off? I think that would bother be a great deal.
Gokanma is offline   Reply With Quote