Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-21-2023, 04:30 PM   #4851
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
dreads to shoes, there is literally nothing i prefer about the AVPs over the 1987 Predator.

Dreads pretty much perfect. as good as we are going to get in statue form. Correct length, correct volume. Zero wrong with them aside from the beads being not 100% accurate, and one could argue they don;t have the same curvature that the prop had, but this is a static statue, not a prop that needs natural movement. I'm sure this statue will last an easy 50X-100X longer than the suit in the film.

i cringe when i see those Scott Marshall Predator heads with extra long dreads. Look pretty bad. same goes if they are too short. This piece is none of those, dreads are practically perfect. Prime 1 did their homework.

what this image has brought to my attention is, we need another head with the face cut out exposing Kevin Peter Hall's smiling face wearing the head mask. that's the only thing this piece is missing. Who's up for the challenge? that would be a REALLY, really cool head to have.

Well now that people are getting their Predators in and I?ve seen a lot of this piece, I?m starting to not like the way the dreads hang as well. It?s not necessarily the length, but it the way that hang straight down. In the prototype the dress flare out, it made him look more imposing, bigger and more menacing with the dred flared out to the side. That and the closed mouth bust not having that curious tilt to it for me is very disappointing.

Those are two big drastic changes that kill it a bit for me. Still looks great but dare I say it could have been better
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 04:38 PM   #4852
Halcyon
Loki

Flankster sounds too much like 'prankster'.
2/3 of the youtubers i can't stand. Luckily there are also some sincere collectors/nice guys with quality vids.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 05:07 PM   #4853
Halcyon
Loki

Arrow

This statue is coming in fast atm. Many of us have the DXS version.
Receive mine within three weeks.

Who starts the list which ES number members within Statueforum / FreaksBoard received out of 999 ?
Would be nice to see how random the spread is.

DXS version:

Forum name / No. --- / Country (if you wish)
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 09:30 PM   #4854
Goonsack Steve
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
That?s what respectable collectors said about him. I believe them. PS: I just notice that his Cinemateque Predator is fake
Pretty sure it's real his current one. He previously owned a recast and did a comparison video on real vs. fake. Nothing about his looks off tbh
Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 09:52 PM   #4855
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsack Steve View Post
Pretty sure it's real his current one. He previously owned a recast and did a comparison video on real vs. fake. Nothing about his looks off tbh

He did have a fake at one time. Not sure if he sold it kept the real one or kept the fake sold the real?

Haven?t t got the patience to back and watch his videos to figure it out because he?s just so annoying to listen to. He has a weird childish accent and sounds unintelligible.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 09:59 PM   #4856
Goonsack Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
He did have a fake at one time. Not sure if he sold it kept the real one or kept the fake sold the real?

Haven?t t got the patience to back and watch his videos to figure it out because he?s just so annoying to listen to. He has a weird childish accent and sounds unintelligible.
Yeah 110% had a fake. I live through his channel as there's a ton of non predator/alien/terminator pieces I like but wouldn't drop funds on. Can't add much to his past that hasn't already been said.
Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 11:37 PM   #4857
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Well now that people are getting their Predators in and I?ve seen a lot of this piece, I?m starting to not like the way the dreads hang as well. It?s not necessarily the length, but it the way that hang straight down. In the prototype the dress flare out, it made him look more imposing, bigger and more menacing with the dred flared out to the side. That and the closed mouth bust not having that curious tilt to it for me is very disappointing.

Those are two big drastic changes that kill it a bit for me. Still looks great but dare I say it could have been better
The head tilt is interesting. Some of the portraits (mask and unmasked) have a bit more tilt/angle than others. I actually prefer that look, especially with the bio mask as in the movie his usually tilting his head. Gives it a bit more personality and feels more menacing.

It would be pretty cool if they designed this with some partial articulation on the head. But can't have everything haha.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 02:00 AM   #4858
PivotRyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
The head tilt is interesting. Some of the portraits (mask and unmasked) have a bit more tilt/angle than others. I actually prefer that look, especially with the bio mask as in the movie his usually tilting his head. Gives it a bit more personality and feels more menacing.

It would be pretty cool if they designed this with some partial articulation on the head. But can't have everything haha.
The head tilt was addressed shortly after the announcement. They axed it when they began displaying the closed mouth on the statue in their show room. I'd have to find the guys channels name but he talked to Prime 1 and they told him it was changed to make him look forward.
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 03:00 AM   #4859
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
He probably removed DXS parts to scam Prime 1 for extra parts and resale it on ebay.
His box clearly says it is NOT the bonus version. Did you watch the vid?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 04:20 AM   #4860
Exorcist
Hydra

Talking

Quote:
He probably removed DXS parts to scam Prime 1 for extra parts and resale it on ebay.
Nope not unless he had an extra Predator hidden (1 DXS & 1 DX)
Exorcist is online now   Reply With Quote