Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-29-2021, 03:34 PM   #1151
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Well my KB arrived today and unfortunatly experiencing the issue that the peg doesn't go in all the way. Making her shoes hoover 1.5 cm over the base. Tried a little force but won't budge at all. Not going to use more force because afraid the peg will break off... not gonna heat up the peg to soften it; think I would have a hard time if I remove her from the base later on.

Contacted SS for it but wondering if someone else experienced the same issue.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:57 PM   #1152
qz33
Baron Zemo

Heat up the leg not the peg. Leave her like that put some GENTLE heat on the figure until the leg is pliable enough to slide right into place. I've done it on tons of PCS statues. Once it sets the pegs slide in and out without any pressure.
Excellent pic at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Well my KB arrived today and unfortunatly experiencing the issue that the peg doesn't go in all the way. Making her shoes hoover 1.5 cm over the base. Tried a little force but won't budge at all. Not going to use more force because afraid the peg will break off... not gonna heat up the peg to soften it; think I would have a hard time if I remove her from the base later on.

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:48 PM   #1153
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Heat up the leg not the peg. Leave her like that put some GENTLE heat on the figure until the leg is pliable enough to slide right into place. I've done it on tons of PCS statues. Once it sets the pegs slide in and out without any pressure.
Excellent pic at the bottom.
I don't think both legs have pegs, if so the issue isn't that her legs are too spread but that the peg is too big. I would just try angling it a bit when pushing down.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:50 PM   #1154
greenknight
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post

I had a similar issue with my replacement Killer Bee, although it didn't hover that far above the base. Can't really tell on mine unless you get your face pretty close to the base.
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:54 PM   #1155
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I don't think both legs have pegs, if so the issue isn't that her legs are too spread but that the peg is too big. I would just try angling it a bit when pushing down.
Oh okay thought one had a a peg and the other a pin like some other PCS 1/3s, apologies for me error.
Old 04-29-2021, 06:00 PM   #1156
vinnnie
Luke Cage

No worries qz33. You did had me wondering why I should heat up her legs ��

doa2 is correct. Only her left boot has a peg that just seems to be too big for the hole.

I tried again with angling a bit but it just won't go in, still leaving a 1.5 cm (!) gap between boots and base. Unfortunatly when pulling out it caused a crack in the peg... such luck again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
I had a similar issue with my replacement Killer Bee, although it didn't hover that far above the base. Can't really tell on mine unless you get your face pretty close to the base.
Seems pretty common with PCS pieces unfortunatly. Have several SF MM's where the feet hoovers over the base by a few mm's.
Old 04-29-2021, 06:05 PM   #1157
qz33
Baron Zemo

Yeah looks like it has had a ruff time before you judging from the paint scraped off the edge in the 1st pic.

Only other thing I've done is silicone grease in the keys and pegs/pins. Makes a difference on tight spots. Silicone is pretty non reactive so best for least risk to paint.

Oh and along with the silicone try heating the hole not the peg. Both are just plastic and if the hole needs a bit of reshaping the peg might do it especially along with the help of the grease.
Old 04-29-2021, 06:23 PM   #1158
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Here's a better pic on how big the gap is

It's a nice piece overall but surely hope SS get's this replaced.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:23 PM   #1159
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Old 04-29-2021, 07:19 PM   #1160
qz33
Baron Zemo

The light in that room makes it look really good.