VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 04:58 PM   #2
jinkazama
Cobra Command

jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 12:51 AM   #3
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

I've read of some issues with Spiral, I hope this is readily available.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 10:04 AM   #4
Airnoname
Frackin!

The dimension from the prototype (provided by movie theatre which displays the prototype in the picture)= H57cm D72Cm L116cm
Airnoname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:12 AM   #5
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Up for $1,449.99 on BBTS.

Quote:
Spiral Studio proudly presents its first release of the newly-introduced "The Majestic Creatures" series with one of the most dangerous predator in the world, the Giganotosaurus from Jurassic World: Dominion!

World renowned artists have put all their effort to make sure that every details is as accurate to the film as it can possibly be. With the reference from the official asset, Spiral Studio stays true to the source material whether it be the micro-details on the tiniest scales, the subtle hue of blue on grayish-green stripes throughout the body or including different spots of scars and wounds that emphasize the ferociousness of this massive Theropod.

Included with this statue is a museum-style based with the Jurassic World: Dominion logo embedded to give it a simplistic, yet luxurious look. This towering dinosaur will easily become a cornerstone of any dinosaur collection. Order yours today!

Prototype looks insanely awesome, however; previous shipped Spiral Studio pieces were not nearly as good as advertisement material, it's made of PVC, and that tail seam is going to be super visible on the finished product going by their previous pieces.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:07 AM   #6
Amanasaur
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Anyone dealt with these guys before? Im really keen to P.O but kind of of the the fence because

1. The seam line on the tail seems kind of prominent on showcase piece in the first post not so much the website images
2. I've heard of some issue with their Gidorah figure heads but to be fair to them they did ship out new and reworked models
Amanasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 01:53 PM   #7
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanasaur View Post
Anyone dealt with these guys before? Im really keen to P.O but kind of of the the fence because

1. The seam line on the tail seems kind of prominent on showcase piece in the first post not so much the website images
2. I've heard of some issue with their Gidorah figure heads but to be fair to them they did ship out new and reworked models
Same exact boat here.

Here some more pictures of the seams, found on IG:

Also yes, they did ship out new and reworked models for Gidorah, but still nowhere close the prototype and seams on it were really super visible and noticeable.

But who knows, maybe they'll nail this piece.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:35 PM   #8
Amanasaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Same exact boat here.

Here some more pictures of the seams, found on IG:

Also yes, they did ship out new and reworked models for Gidorah, but still nowhere close the prototype and seams on it were really super visible and noticeable.

But who knows, maybe they'll nail this piece.
Yeah the neck ones aren't too bad I suppose if needed to be zoomed in to find them but then again it could be worse on the final product.

Was the tail joining in a similar place to on the 1/8th Rotunda rex from prime 1? Was the same line similar in noticeability to the Giga neck seam lines?

I think they're getting their models direct from ILM because the Giga is in the exact pose as one of the ILM promo renders so the detail looks amazing and they'll do a Rex later down but I feel with the Rex's smoother skin the seams will be even worse.

You kind of want this think to look flawless when I'm in Australia gonna have to pay $2400. Why no just ship it all in one piece?
Old 07-06-2022, 10:58 PM   #9
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Was the tail joining in a similar place to on the 1/8th Rotunda rex from prime 1?
No, on the P1 it's much lower down the tail.

Quote:
Was the same line similar in noticeability to the Giga neck seam lines?
No again, that seam is nearly invisible and i mean it, impossible to notice from a normal distance.

Quote:
You kind of want this think to look flawless when I'm in Australia gonna have to pay $2400. Why no just ship it all in one piece?
Absolutely agree. The piece is only 1:10 and doesn't feature any complex base, for that asking price it should be 100% flawless.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:44 AM   #10
Amanasaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
No, on the P1 it's much lower down the tail.

No again, that seam is nearly invisible and i mean it, impossible to notice from a normal distance.

Absolutely agree. The piece is only 1:10 and doesn't feature any complex base, for that asking price it should be 100% flawless.
Well good news I did a bit of detective work (Just emailed Spiral)

They said it is shipping in one piece so no seam marks. The prototype was in several pieces because its easier to move and set to display like at the above event.