Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 09-03-2006, 01:09 PM   #971
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
UH-Oh...we got WRESTLING talk going on up in this Biatch!!!

Chromey, you have some good point, I agree with some, and others not AS much.

#1 - KONNAN. No DOUBT he is a great booker, has a great MIND for the business, and has a lot of international and Lucha Libre connections. Remember when he was a wrestler before THE MOST INSULTING LATINO STEROTYPE YOU CAN IMAGINE! Enough already. Oh Day Ley you way out the door. As an on-screen talent he is totally one dimensional, and I am sick of the rolling lariat and the tequila sunrise being commentated on like they are any kind of "impact" moves.

#2 - The main storyline should always be the world title hunt. Thats what should get people to buy tickets. SHOULD being the key word. A booker and promoter are lucky when they have a top of the card non title storyline that generates as much if not MORE interest. the Majority of wrestling fans like the main event stuff, and not the mid card stuff. Then there are guys likeme who likes to see the matches that are jerkin' the curtain, because those guys try harder, and really set the tempo for the whole card. Back in the Day HONKY TONK MAN could sell out MSG while HOGAN was Selling out the Garden and WWF was doing huge $$$! The business has changed into a travelling circus. Same matches every stop for 6 - 8 cities straight. Oh well, such is life. Anyway, the home-grown talent should be in the main event picture. The talent that is brought in should be in angles not having to do with titles until such a time that they have been successfully rebranded as TNA property. Hence the term "storyline feud". the compelling elemnt should be whatever is written into the story, NOT a title. ( Like bring Goldberg in and let him start a "streak", and allude to the streak he had in the past....THEN put Joes streak on the line against his streak. Compelling, and no title involved. Can you tell I really wasnt to see Joe kick Goldbergs ass, lol!) Brock is poison! Let him wollow away in Japan with that old leather bag wife of his! Goldberg would job for the $$$!

#3 six sided ring. No getting rid of it now. Its a signature ring for TNA

#4 Monty and K Kwik are leaving for the WWE? when did that get announced, or rumoured? If Monty keeps the pounce and the serengeti gimmick you KNOW Vince is going top put a bone through his nose and make him wear a grass skirt!

#5 VINCE RUSSO. You know what is missing from the WWE. Someone with BALLS enough to tell Vince..."uhm...yeah, that sounds good Vince, but how about THIS", or just FLAT OUT tell Vince. "not a good idea V-Man". I am not saying Russo was the best thing sincle sliced bread, but he DID have Vinces ear and was a sounding board to Vince that was NOT a kiss ass. Vince is doing most of the booking himself, and that is ALWAYS bad! Any takers on the fact that Vince is going to pin HHH in Hell in the Cell? His ego is out of control! WWE needs good writing, but they also need a muzzle on Vince. Many thought Shane would step up to that spot, but sadly Stephanie is the kid with the balls...and those are in HHH's pocket!

#5 "Heel Heat". Its a great thing! Gotta have it. You have to know when to say when. PERFECT heel heat right now = EDGE! Jarrett has crossed the line to where people are not tuning inn becasue they hate him having the belt and they want to see himlose it. they are throwing things at him because they HATE him! His King of the mountain schtick got way old way fast. People were LOOKING for him to establish himself as the champ in TNA from the start, and to his credit he didnt do it. But since PANDA took over the operation of TNA he has acquired a tan line around his waist from wearing that belt so long.

HHH IS the KING of KINGS! THE BEST there is in the business today, BAR NONE! HHH IS the business, PERIOD! HE does what is best for the business, AND what is good for him, all at the same time in a masterful way. hhh can pull a good match out of a broomstick at this point! HHH vs Umaga.....hunter will make you believe that Umaga is GOLD, he is that damn good! PROPS to him for knowing when NOT to have the belt! JJ needs to take notes! Any of the smarks out there that run down HHH really have NO CLUE abou tthe business. They are just pathetic fanboys!

#6 TC....LAX are GREAT in the ring...but that racial gimmicky crap kills it for me! whats next? Make them gardners...oh wait...vince did that with his mexicans in WWE....so, I guess all mexicans need to be gardners, convicts, or thugs. NICE!
LAX can GO in that ring, that is all that should matter.

Sam...Hells draw more money and bigger crowds than faces....always have, always will. PIPER made Wrestlemania what is was, NOT Hogan, plain and simple. a GREAT heel is $$$. A Great face is a pu$$y.

Yeah but it was ok when 3LK was all racial with a white guy in it.Its not actually being racial for LAX,its not gimmicky its them representing where they come from.Now The Mexicools was racial,Los Guerreros was racial,Hell Latino Heat was racial.Why did Eddie have to sound like Cheech when he was Latino heat.

As for HHH He is a great worker in the ring Granted but my main beef with him and Jarrett is that They have way too much TV time.Why do we need to hear them do 15 minute promos we know your a heel,you want to be a good heel do it like back in the days of Ric Flair in the old WCW,come out and beat someone down you dont like.Dont bore me with what your going to so just do it.

And what Vince needs to do is fire his soap opera creative team.They dont have one clue about wrestling.Stay off the camera I dont need to see him strut down the aisle(as much as it makes me laugh) and talk about the grapefruits.

Vince Russo was as much of a **** as Vince look at the BS he did in WCW.That was the begining of the end for WCW.

And as for Monty Brown can you say Samba Simba.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #972
rychehitman
Galactus

WCW was 1/2 way down the toilet before Russo got there.

I still cannot believe they are gone.

Maybe SOMEDAY we will know the real story.....but I bet we know who killed JFK first!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:35 PM   #973
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
WCW was 1/2 way down the toilet before Russo got there.

I still cannot believe they are gone.

Maybe SOMEDAY we will know the real story.....but I bet we know who killed JFK first!
Yeah Jackie O.She set it up cause of his Affairs with Marylin.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #974
rychehitman
Galactus

Marylin was just WRONG! She didnt even try to hide it. She might has well have BLOWN JFK after singing happy birthday to him like that! BOTH brothers tagged her! Imagine having her on the desk in the oval office while your finger is on the red launch button! JFK was a god among men!
Old 09-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #975
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I agree with you on most of that, Ryche. Konnan is doing better I find as a mouthpiece manager instead of a wrestler. But the stereotypes, yeah. Well, at least he's really mexican.

Goldberg, I'm just not sure if he's selfless enough to do what's best for the company instead of for himself.

And Monty and Killings are leaving, but no WWE connection has been mentioned. They just both asked for their release.

And yeah, absolutely. Vince needs a bull**** filter. The guys they have there now seem like Yes Men. These are the people who got hired because they wrote 2 episodes of Third Rock from the Sun. How about getting people who know wrestling in there, Vince.

"Sports-Entertainment" is such a BS term.
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:08 AM   #976
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromesamurai
I agree with you on most of that, Ryche. Konnan is doing better I find as a mouthpiece manager instead of a wrestler. But the stereotypes, yeah. Well, at least he's really mexican.

Goldberg, I'm just not sure if he's selfless enough to do what's best for the company instead of for himself.

And Monty and Killings are leaving, but no WWE connection has been mentioned. They just both asked for their release.

And yeah, absolutely. Vince needs a bull**** filter. The guys they have there now seem like Yes Men. These are the people who got hired because they wrote 2 episodes of Third Rock from the Sun. How about getting people who know wrestling in there, Vince.

"Sports-Entertainment" is such a BS term.
Well actually he's Cuban.But he plays a Mexican on TV.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:52 PM   #977
rychehitman
Galactus

More notes regarding Kurt Angle's WWE release, as reported by the Wrestling Observer:

-- After losing his title at WrestleMania, Kurt Angle adamantly began pushing WWE management to get the title back. While that did not initially play out, he continued pushing hard to make sure he remained a top star.

He pushed Brian Gewirtz to be added to the Vengeance PPV, and, at one point, was actually scheduled to defeat Randy Orton. But, when news of his drug test failure came out (due to having an expired prescription for a drug he took), WWE quickly jobbed him out and suspended him for thirty days.

-- Vince McMahon gave Kurt Angle a stern warning after learning of his drug policy violation; following that, sources say things began getting messy. Kurt Angle would constantly call, email and text message WWE officials and wrestlers. Some say half the messages were senseless, while half were perfectly coherent.

-- He was brought back immediately at the end of his suspension only because ECW needed a big star to return. The ECW lockerroom quickly turned on him due to his "impossible" behavior, which included telling an agent that when he accidentally dropped RVD on his head during a match, it was actually RVD's fault. He would have another confrontation with RVD based on something he said in the ring during one of their matches.

-- Angle also petitioned very hard to be added to the Summerslam card. His campaigning worked, as the original plan was to make the ECW Championship bout a four-way. But, following his groin injury at the 8/13 house show, Vince McMahon pulled him from the Summerslam card.

-- On August 21, Angle called Johnny Ace and said he was being wheeled through the airport. He said his massage therapist claimed he had a torn abdominal muscle. Vince reportedly made a decision at this time to both set up an MRI and, if necessary, fire Angle.

-- Kurt Angle was released from his contract (and given some money) on 8/25. Terms of his release remain unclear.

-- Some of the major non-WWE wrestling names (All Japan, NOAH and TNA) expressed immediate interest in Angle upon learning of his release. While he could very well wrestle for another promotion (which would upset WWE, both as a company and as an entity looking out for Angle's health), a bigger fear on WWE's part is that he'll take a job with an MMA promotion and put his health in further danger.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #978
rychehitman
Galactus

Ric Flair takes on Bret Hart

This is a great episode of "Off The Record" with guest Ric Flair!

Part one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrtDl...elated&search=

other three parts are links on the part one page!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:02 PM   #979
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

The Baltimore Sun had an article about the Kurt situation.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...,2576618.story
Old 09-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #980
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

if he was in that much pain, he should've stopped long ago
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote