Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-08-2024, 10:33 PM   #21
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Ah, yeah that is pretty much the definitive 'Skyfire'. Everyone else is Jetfire, imo.

I do like this design, but it may as well be a totally different character. It's too far removed from the original:

And these designs blow:

ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 10:43 PM   #22
qz33
Doctor Doom

Thumbs up

How were these old designs so aesthetic? Keep it Simple people, simple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Really, it's the only other one (beyond the og macross one) I am familiar with....

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 11:20 PM   #23
craigcliff1
Zot

Transformers The Basics had clips of Megs saying IT'S
JF, and not SF,. They took those out of the Cartoon
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 11:23 PM   #24
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Transformers The Basics had clips of Megs saying IT'S
JF, and not SF,. They took those out of the Cartoon
Can't really decide which I like better. Both are so awesome. So many great names for the original Transformers.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 01:12 AM   #25
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

This is a tough one. I'd say Shockwave if he has a cool laboratory base like the canceled one from Azure Sea.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 04:34 AM   #26
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

and IDW based their design on it for a time (with better ear antennae placement), and I love it:

Quote:
Ah, yeah that is pretty much the definitive 'Skyfire'. Everyone else is Jetfire, imo.

I do like this design, but it may as well be a totally different character. It's too far removed from the original:

And these designs blow:

All these designed by the same guy
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 05:35 AM   #27
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
from general TF thread:

I don't collect toys any more, but I actually...don't like that one.

Jetfire's had several different, albeit similar looks, but I'm not too fond of that one.

The original toy is awesome (it's what made most people love Jetfire), but of course it's really Macross. Jetfire will never look exactly like that again, and besides, one could just buy a Macross statue if they want that look.

The cartoon altered him to Skyfire, but I immediately disliked that design, at least in part because it wasn't the toy. There are other factors I'll elaborate on below.

Over the years, many toys and comics tried various designs.

but this toy introduced a design that I think is a good basis for the best possible Jetfire:

and IDW based their design on it for a time (with better ear antennae placement), and I love it:

Key points that define Jetfire for me, which that IDW design does best:

-Gotta have the two red pilons on his back. 'Skyfire' fails in this regard.
-Gotta have red armor (removable, magnetic) at least on forearms (and possibly calves (another 'Skyfire' failure))
-Gotta have single eye visor and twin antennae on each ear (you guessed it - another 'Skyfire' error)
-I like the squared cockpit of the IDW design, but wouldn't be opposed to the rounded nosecone
-A. has the Autobot insignia on the glass. That's stupid.
-I like the wing position on D., and the fact that it also incorporates the 'horizontal stabilizers' below the wings as well. It's a more unique wing configuration. A lot of other bots feature the wing design from A., B., and C.
-just prefer the general proportions of D. He's beefier, and looks more imposing, especially compared to the original Jetfire and Skyfire designs.

Sorry for geek-splaining - many may know these designs already. But I'm curious about a consensus regarding preferred design. Would love to hear others' opinions.
My favourite design for Jetfire/Skyfie is the Sunbow animation model because I grew up with G1 and never got into any other iterations of Transformers. I do still think the Macross version looks pretty cool though.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 12:48 PM   #28
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Wow. I never realized he would be so divisive. To me the cartoon look is the correct one to do (though I love the original toy and still have it with all parts and original box). Some of these look like Bay designs but suspect most are comics variants. If I were picking one as the design company I would do shockwave due to jetfire is just going to be impossible to make a consensus happy. These RID designs aren?t for me though so I will likely be staying out of most of those conversations. I will be watching with interest though. Transformers are by far my favorite franchise.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 02:36 PM   #29
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

If they're going to do Jetfire either take the idea around the cartoon or do a modern-ish version in the vein of War/Fall of Cybertron. (games) Switch out heads should sort out the discourse.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 03:06 PM   #30
craigcliff1
Zot

I love The Battleoid, veritech Sky/Jet
I am a SUPERFAN of Robotech Ships, Mechas
Cartoon one is super cool
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote