Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-19-2024, 08:01 AM   #41
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
Yep, that's me to a tee. Grew up with the G1 cartoon as my first love of toys so to speak so a toon-accurate Skyfire is what I am looking for in a statue. Judging by the popularity of MP-57 Skyfire on a well know TF forum, I think the majority of TF fans want the same.

Now, Ultra Magnus on the other hand, there seems to be a surprising number of fans who want a toy-based white redeco of Optimus Prime as their Ultra Magnus. I don't care for that personally but I pretty much got shouted out of the thread on another forum because I suggested that UM should only ever have blue & red armour.
I never understood the white prime either and have zero interest in it but have seen the same thing on toy forums. By the way a toy coming out from fans toys under another name called margh is supposed to address both groups.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 04:04 PM   #42
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
Yep, that's me to a tee. Grew up with the G1 cartoon as my first love of toys so to speak so a toon-accurate Skyfire is what I am looking for in a statue. Judging by the popularity of MP-57 Skyfire on a well know TF forum, I think the majority of TF fans want the same.

Now, Ultra Magnus on the other hand, there seems to be a surprising number of fans who want a toy-based white redeco of Optimus Prime as their Ultra Magnus. I don't care for that personally but I pretty much got shouted out of the thread on another forum because I suggested that UM should only ever have blue & red armour.
I suppose the only thing I can cling to is the fact that 'toy' fans aren't necessarily 'statue' fans.

I join craig in lamenting that fact sometimes, but here, I'm proud to differ.

And here we agree. There is one Ultra Magnus.

Missed IA. I'd buy this in an instant.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM   #43
craigcliff1
Zot

Have IA UM, not BIG FAN, but UM does look coo
HATE TF The Movie
WHAT a WASTE
but UM was cool in it with UM, Galvy, Ratbat
Shame the movie wasn't as GREAT as Battle of AB City
NO WTHAT I LOVED
colors, battle, Devy vs Dinos. To have all Dec but Reflector
, SC, CC,
shame no OS, and rest of the AB. THAT SUCKED

You can thank TF toy collectors for not getting many TF statues, and fewer G1 Cartoon statues
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 02:16 AM   #44
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
I never understood the white prime either and have zero interest in it but have seen the same thing on toy forums. By the way a toy coming out from fans toys under another name called margh is supposed to address both groups.
Yeah I've read a little bit of the Margh thread on another forum. I'm sure FT will do a good job as they normally do. But unfortunately I don't collect transforming figures any more so I'll have to give it a miss.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:46 AM   #45
KELPIE
New Republic

Love my IA UM.

It's one of the best executed TF statues out there... and it's a character that isn't one of:
Prime
Megs
Starscream
Bee
Soundwave
Grimlock

So win/win.

Said it before in another thread, but that early IA aesthetic is what TF statue makers should strive for.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote