Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post

Cool but that pattern on his forehead supposed to have gradient :
Lots of painters skip that detail :

Neny Dee repaint with updated eyes :
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:20 AM   #512
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I would say "cool" is a bit of an understatement but to each their own. I personally have never been interested in owning the Scott Marshall sculpt.

Despite whatever minor patterning inaccuracies the Magee one has, I'd say it's sculpt and finish are 100x better than the Marshall piece.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #513
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I would say "cool" is a bit of an understatement but to each their own. I personally have never been interested in owning the Scott Marshall sculpt.

Despite whatever minor patterning inaccuracies the Magee one has, I'd say it's sculpt and finish are 100x better than the Marshall piece.
is that a new sculpt by Magee? Or is it the same one he's always had? the reason i ask, normally his Predheads have limp looking mandibles, that just look to be hanging there, open but kinda lifeless. This is the BEST looking Pred head of his i've seen. Maybe because it's resin and he could pose and lock-in the mandibles with apoxie exactly in place...but there are some details on that pic you posted that are different from his pics from 2009.

when i think of the Magee FX Predator head i think of this image...
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:40 AM   #514
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:

Marshall close mount sculpt is top of the line. The most accurate sculpture
Old 06-09-2021, 12:09 PM   #515
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
is that a new sculpt by Magee? Or is it the same one he's always had? the reason i ask, normally his Predheads have limp looking mandibles, that just look to be hanging there, open but kinda lifeless. This is the BEST looking Pred head of his i've seen. Maybe because it's resin and he could pose and lock-in the mandibles with apoxie exactly in place...but there are some details on that pic you posted that are different from his pics from 2009.

when i think of the Magee FX Predator head i think of this image...
It's a limited piece. I don't know much about it. Translucent resin, painted by another artist. I imagine it's a new sculpt. Looks like there is more detail and natural texturing in the skin. I was never very impressed with his other sculpt (the one you have pictured).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Marshall close mount sculpt is top of the line. The most accurate sculpture
Meh. It just doesn't do much for me. I wouldn't pay a grand for it. I'd pay over 3 grand for that Magee one I linked. That thing truly captures the essence of what I saw on film. I'd have the brown spotting on the sides of the forehead a bit less prominent, more faded, and maybe request the base skin color be less yellow and more beige, but, sculpt-wise, I think it may be the most accurate and life-like predator I've ever seen.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:24 PM   #516
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
It's a limited piece. I don't know much about it. Translucent resin, painted by another artist. I imagine it's a new sculpt. Looks like there is more detail and natural texturing in the skin. I was never very impressed with his other sculpt (the one you have pictured).

Meh. It just doesn't do much for me. I wouldn't pay a grand for it. I'd pay over 3 grand for that Magee one I linked. That thing truly captures the essence of what I saw on film. I'd have the brown spotting on the sides of the forehead a bit less prominent, more faded, and maybe request the base skin color be less yellow and more beige, but, sculpt-wise, I think it may be the most accurate and life-like predator I've ever seen.
It’s cool but I don’t like the half-open mouth version. The close mouth is easily the most “evil” looking.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:35 PM   #517
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
It’s cool but I don’t like the half-open mouth version. The close mouth is easily the most “evil” looking.
Oh I definitely agree. My preferred facial pose for the predator is mouth & mandibles closed almost completely, taken from the scene where Dutch is taunting him and he realizes it's a trap. I wonder if Magee and co. would make another run of this bust but with a closed mouth/mandible sculpt.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:11 PM   #518
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

OK...I think i'm officially losing patience waiting for this announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:57 PM   #519
jinkazama
Cobra Command

jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote