Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-04-2023, 07:26 PM   #2241
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I like Frank Quitely's art too. His quirky faces appeal to me.

Fantomex is one of my favorite X-Men. I think that's in part because I still don't fully understand his origin or powers, ha-ha.

The ending you thought was ridiculous was later retconned for obvious reasons.

I understand that Fantomex become an X-Man in the future from what you said. He is a mutant who is a weapon plus project (also has Weapon 13 code name) who does what he does for personel gain which is usually money in Morrison's run, but it seems he has a change of heart and become and an X-Man in the future...

Actually, it was not the ending but the begining of Planet X arc. If we talk about what i found ridiculous in the Omnibus. Unless you mean the ending of Part 1 of Planet X arc which was 5 issues long.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 01:35 PM   #2242
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus, vol. 3 Ordered
Old 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM   #2243
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I got the Moon Knight Cover for USM Omnibus, vol. 3 but it looks like people are going nuts for the Carnage Cover on IST. Symbiots are really popular, huh... I mean i got the Carnage Cover for USM Omnibus, Vol. 2 so i went with Moon Knight Cover for vol. 3 to have something different and i have zero regret even if the Carnage cover sells like hot cakes. lol
Old 12-07-2023, 01:28 PM   #2244
AC_808
Hercules

Just got delivered ...
- Fantastic Four Vol 1 by John Byrne
- Fantastic Four Vol 2 by John Byrne
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 09:45 AM   #2245
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Finished the last arc of Morrison's New X-Men Omnibus. I loved Marc Silvestri's art, he drew one handsome looking cool Logan, i especially loved the blue jeans, yellow tiger stripes t-shirt and cowboy hat combination costume that Logan wore. Wolverine is my favoite Marvel character after all, so a cool looking Logan was what took my interest the most. lol

The story was still kind of crazy for my taste, i couldn't help but chuckle each time the Megamerica, panafrica etc. names came up in Morrison's crazy X-Men future but i liked how Morrison brought up and tied his Cassandra Nova, Sublime and U-Men stories in the end. He wrapped the whole run up in a good pacage with a begining and end. that was not bad.

I give the run overall 6/10.

Spoiler
When i think about it right now, i can't remember any explanation how Cassandra Nova became a good guy in the end... I think Morrison didn't explain that...
Old 12-10-2023, 07:03 PM   #2246
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Secret Wars by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus is coming in 2024. YAY ! I believe i have all the Jonathan Hickman Marvel Omnibuses so far.

I think this will be the Omnibus reading order once the Secret Wars Omnibus comes out:

Secret Warriors Omnibus
Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus, vol. 1-2
Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus, vol. 1-2
Secret Wars by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus
X-Men by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus
Old 12-11-2023, 07:54 PM   #2247
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Secret Wars by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus is coming in 2024. YAY ! I believe i have all the Jonathan Hickman Marvel Omnibuses so far.

I think this will be the Omnibus reading order once the Secret Wars Omnibus comes out:

Secret Warriors Omnibus
Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus, vol. 1-2
Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus, vol. 1-2
Secret Wars by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus
X-Men by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus
Having already bought both Avengers omnibus hardcovers and the Secret Wars oversized hardcover, I watched Near Mint's video announcement to see if there will be any additional material to fill this new book out, but there won't. It recollects most of Avengers by Jonathan Hickman, Vol. 2 and the Secret Wars OHC into one book. Not for me.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 06:14 AM   #2248
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Having already bought both Avengers omnibus hardcovers and the Secret Wars oversized hardcover, I watched Near Mint's video announcement to see if there will be any additional material to fill this new book out, but there won't. It recollects most of Avengers by Jonathan Hickman, Vol. 2 and the Secret Wars OHC into one book. Not for me.
Hmm... There is nothing else as tie in other than Hickman Avengers, huh. I also have Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus, vol. 1-2 and i really don't want to double dip, so i will probably get the Secret Wars OHC (if i can find it) instead of Secret Wars Omnibus. It looks like the wait for Secret Wars By Jonathan Hickman Omnibus was for nothing. :/
Old 12-24-2023, 01:24 PM   #2249
Mister H
Gen 13

Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch) omni coming September 2024.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 02:21 PM   #2250
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I have never read Ghost Rider, but Ketch Omnibus looks like a good place to start reading Ghost Rider.