Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-11-2022, 06:30 PM   #121
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
Clearly you read enough to know what I said about XM, poser.
Cool, man.

You should spend a little less time researching statue prices and a little more time researching what anecdotal evidence is, what cherry-picking is, and how to tell when people have zero interest in your opinions.

You're not bringing anything to the table and don't seem to be enjoying yourself, either.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 06:33 PM   #122
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Oh let's see - Magneto on throne underscaled, Mystique overscaled, brown Wolverine overscaled, Beast underscaled, green Phoenix overscaled, Samurai Penguin overscaled, OG Samurai Batman underscaled, Magik overscaled. Apocalypse even looks underscaled to me when I saw side-by-side pics with him and Archangel. So, either he is underscaled or Archangel is too big. One could even argue their original Venom is overscaled as well.

I've even had people telling me the new Angelus piece (which I ordered) is enormous, so my initial thought is that may be overscaled as well.

No one here is saying XM and Tweeterhead are on equal levels. Plus, I'm pretty sure we all know they're on a different level than even Sideshow in their complexity and price point, but you're ranting and raving about a $275 1/6 scale statue (or proximity piece) vs. XM that is literally charging $700 for a 1/6 scale Catwoman or $1,000 plus international shipping for their new Nightcrawler. Their newest Maestro piece is $3,500.00, so yes, they're obviously in very different realms of the statue world. Most people would argue that, because XM charges so much and touts themselves as THE premium company to own (a privilege to own), there should be no issues other than shipping breakage. But, that's not the case, and people who sweep said issues under the rug really piss me off.

In all honesty, it sounds like you simply hate Tweeterhead and their products. That is fine, that's your prerogative.
You are citing Apocalypse and Venom? One has the ability to literally change his size on a whim--and the other is represented in dramatically different scales in both statues and in comics. FYI, Apoc usually maintains his size at 7 ft., which would make that statue pretty freaking close--but if you look up his height, it will always say...wait for it...VARIABLE. Beast was not underscaled. Beast is 5'11", he's four inches shorter than Cyclops in the comics. Magik is a foot shorter than her brother. Take a look at her paired with Colossus. She's not overscaled. Penguin was intentionally made fatter and larger as a design choice.

Magneto on throne and green Phoenix were both subpar, but were some of the first statues from XM as a fledgling company. To include those in the conversation would be to include statues like the pajama wearing Sabretooth from Sideshow. They're not the same company as they were.

Mystique was overscaled and so was Brown Suit Wolverine. As I said, it's unfortunate, but they're also considered the two best representations of the characters.

As I mentioned. NO STUDIO IS PERFECT. Some are just BETTER. And if you think Tweeterhead is on par with XM, I want whatever you're smoking.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 06:41 PM   #123
saberhagen

Quote:
You are citing Apocalypse and Venom? One has the ability to literally change his size on a whim--and the other is represented in dramatically different scales in both statues and in comics. FYI, Apoc usually maintains his size at 7 ft., which would make that statue pretty freaking close--but if you look up his height, it will always say...wait for it...VARIABLE. Beast was not underscaled. Beast is 5'11", he's four inches shorter than Cyclops in the comics. Magik is a foot shorter than her brother. Take a look at her paired with Colossus. She's not overscaled. Penguin was intentionally made fatter and larger as a design choice.

Magneto on throne and green Phoenix were both subpar, but were some of the first statues from XM as a fledgling company. To include those in the conversation would be to include statues like the pajama wearing Sabretooth from Sideshow. They're not the same company as they were.

Mystique was overscaled and so was Brown Suit Wolverine. As I said, it's unfortunate, but they're also considered the two best representations of the characters.

As I mentioned. NO STUDIO IS PERFECT. Some are just BETTER. And if you think Tweeterhead is on par with XM, I want whatever you're smoking.
XM is the perfect studio...if you want an over-priced, over-detailed, unnecessarily crouched statue surrounded by random crap. And good luck if you want any expression on a female statue other than "bored mannequin". But they sure do have that artificial scarcity!
Old 08-11-2022, 06:47 PM   #124
JohngPR
Fantastic Four

Pre-Ordered! This fool is looking forward to pairing Krypto up with my TH Superman.
JohngPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 06:50 PM   #125
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:

Beast is listed as 5'11"
Iceman is listed as 5'8"
Magik is listed as 5'5"

You are an absolute fool if you think these pieces are correctly scaled.

But, I'm not going to derail this thread any longer, so at this point, I'm just going to be done responding to you.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 06:57 PM   #126
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
XM is the perfect studio...if you want an over-priced, over-detailed, unnecessarily crouched statue surrounded by random crap. And good luck if you want any expression on a female statue other than "bored mannequin". But they sure do have that artificial scarcity!
Artificial scarcity? You mean ES numbers that actually MEAN something? Their female portraits are sometimes very unexpressive--and that's the case with literally every company. Why? Because expressions that aren't too specific SELL MORE. They allow for more versatility in their display. The most expressive pieces are going to be pieces that tell a story (like the Sideshow Sabretooth and Wolverine statues, which are meant to be paired).

Tell me, are any of Tweeterhead statues from the Super Powers line expressive? Wonder Woman and Superman from the new line are without expression--even Superman when his heat vision is active.

At the very least XM gives you alt portraits that have more character much of the time--such as Gambit, Cyclops, Cable, Dark Phoenix, Rogue, Professor X, Archangel...must I go on?

XM's bases have "random crap"...? Like sentinel parts (Cyclops, Cable, Gambit), danger room bases (Archangel Ver. A, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Sabretooth), or Apocalypse tendrils (Apoc, Archangel Ver. B, Cable and Hope)? How is that random? They made them specifically so they could go together.

You're speaking with someone who owns LITERALLY HUNDREDS of statues, some from every company. I have over 25 1/4 statues JUST IN MY BEDROOM. I've been collecting for years and following each company closely. I've dealt with customer service with every company. It's not like I'm attacking Tweeterhead out of the blue.

Lastly, the "anecdotal" evidence of Tweeterhead's bad customer service and QC issues isn't coming just from me. Just peruse their Facebook page for five seconds. Take a look at how many people are complaining about paint issues on Superman's ribcage alone. All anecdotal I suppose--but those sure start to add up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dp01.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	152852   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	475.0 KB
ID:	152853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rogue_016.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	152854  
Old 08-11-2022, 06:58 PM   #127
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Beast is listed as 5'11"
Iceman is listed as 5'8"
Magik is listed as 5'5"

You are an absolute fool if you think these pieces are correctly scaled.

But, I'm not going to derail this thread any longer, so at this point, I'm just going to be done responding to you.
They are properly scaled. They are in different poses. When I'm sitting, I'm shorter than someone who is 5'5".
Old 08-11-2022, 07:08 PM   #128
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
To everyone who wants to purchase Krypto, thank you so much for your support. We understand its not cheap but we're stoked to offer him finally.

To everyone that feels this is out of their price range or is too expensive, you know whats best for your collection and financial situation and I would never argue with someone to buy something. This is supposed to be fun, and when it's not, that sucks. Do whats best for you.

To the people who believe we're screwing around with the price on purpose, or whatever, you will believe what you want to despite me taking the time to come on here and give you a genuine response, so whatever, you've made up your mind, all good.

Ill continue to engage with the forum because I love this place and MOST of the people... some of you though...
I can't speak for everyone here but I do appreciate you making an appearance on The Forum to give us updates and interact with us here. It's refreshing to see a Creative Director from a statue company make the time and effort to try and keep us Collectors in the loop.

I own several statues from various companies and I can honestly say that Tweeterhead is still one of my favorite producers of statues in my collection (for price and quality). As you've mentioned above, it's still up to the Collectors to determine what's best for them financially. Although some statues have had me priced out recently, I still try to keep the ones that I want as my main focus (MoTU ... KEEP THEM COMING!).

I'm sure there are valid reasons as to 'WHY' the prices has gone up but I'm not here to try and crack that code since I'm currently still trying to enjoy every aspect of my collection, and although I can't buy everything I want, it's nice to come back to The Forum and appreciate the pieces that I can't afford from afar.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 07:17 PM   #129
saberhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
I can't speak for everyone here but I do appreciate you making an appearance on The Forum to give us updates and interact with us here. It's refreshing to see a Creative Director from a statue company make the time and effort to try and keep us Collectors in the loop.

I own several statues from various companies and I can honestly say that Tweeterhead is still one of my favorite producers of statues in my collection (for price and quality). As you've mentioned above, it's still up to the Collectors to determine what's best for them financially. Although some statues have had me priced out recently, I still try to keep the ones that I want as my main focus (MoTU ... KEEP THEM COMING!).

I'm sure there are valid reasons as to 'WHY' the prices has gone up but I'm not here to try and crack that code since I'm currently still trying to enjoy every aspect of my collection, and although I can't buy everything I want, it's nice to come back to The Forum and appreciate the pieces that I can't afford from afar.
Agreed, the engagement is very appreciated as are the updates and explanations. I like the structured posts here rather than the chaos that is facebook, too.
Old 08-11-2022, 07:20 PM   #130
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Did they ever do a statue of Supergirl's kitty?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote