Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 02-14-2024, 04:00 PM   #41
G0llum
Doh!

Thank you Mister H. Yes, you are right.

Aesthetically, I doubt if it's worth replacing any of the existing pieces with this one, but the size fits in the place and I do like the character and I like more the concept of Dunedain better than as a king, so I'm going to keep thinking about it between now and the Weta offers end.

I don't know if they will ever get a face of Aragorn with good definition. In fact, few statues, regardless of the character, achieve it.

I've only seen photos, but it seems that the paint finish is not great either.

I'm in a mess!
G0llum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 04:11 PM   #42
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0llum View Post
Thank you Mister H. Yes, you are right.

Aesthetically, I doubt if it's worth replacing any of the existing pieces with this one, but the size fits in the place and I do like the character and I like more the concept of Dunedain better than as a king, so I'm going to keep thinking about it between now and the Weta offers end.

I don't know if they will ever get a face of Aragorn with good definition. In fact, few statues, regardless of the character, achieve it.

I've only seen photos, but it seems that the paint finish is not great either.

I'm in a mess!
The upcoming King Aragorn is looking like it's a pretty good likeness. Too bad for me because I prefer the Ranger Aragorn to the newly crowned king version.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 07:27 AM   #43
G0llum
Doh!

Got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
The upcoming King Aragorn is looking like it's a pretty good likeness. Too bad for me because I prefer the Ranger Aragorn to the newly crowned king version.
In the end I took advantage of the offer and got it for around 335$, because there is no other statue of Aragorn at a reasonable price that has an epic pose like this and the inart figure may be very good in terms of details, but His pose doesn't tell me anything.

Kind regards.
G0llum is offline   Reply With Quote