Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-09-2023, 04:35 PM   #41
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah it isn't just one side or the other. That Hasbro example is a rare instance. Far more often lines are cancelled and companies move to something else. McFarlane hardly does
toys because there's little profit with production so high.
Trust me if everyone stopped buying the result would not be all the same stuff just cheaper.
Highly doubt Koto ever expected the Bishoujo line to have legs this long.

As for myself I only buy Bishoujo a year or more after release on sale or discount so they aren't getting that price confirmation from me.
Well you are right that some lines would be canceled, but that would be a necessary evil for prices to at least stabilize, especially if those sales effected all of a companies lines. Taking whatever companies will throw at you is not the answer( not referring to you directly.). Look where that's brought us with no end in sight.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 03:40 PM   #42
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

All these years to get a new Rogue.....underwhelming to me. I don't like the face or bone claws.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 04:15 PM   #43
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

I like everything but the bone claws? really wish they had a swap out hand. I hope we get redos of Storm, Emma and Mystique.

Also shocked we haven?t gotten MJ yet.
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 04:24 PM   #44
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnipot85 View Post
I like everything but the bone claws? really wish they had a swap out hand. I hope we get redos of Storm, Emma and Mystique.

Also shocked we haven?t gotten MJ yet.
Maybe they're waiting so they can do her in the sexy real Bishoujo style.
The purpose of this line isn't just little statues of the usual nerdom characters
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 02:50 PM   #45
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Pricing is at a point where people either just get it or get past the pricing. IMO, there is zero point in being shocked or disappointed at this point. Just gotta be more selective. And I would hope this makes companies think about hitting all the bases when releasing a product. We are more selective and will only get what we want to get because it hits on all points.

I hate to admit the price point, but I’d pay $160 for a spot on Storm. Especially if it was a look that hasn’t been beat to death.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 05:56 PM   #46
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Pricing is at a point where people either just get it or get past the pricing. IMO, there is zero point in being shocked or disappointed at this point. Just gotta be more selective. And I would hope this makes companies think about hitting all the bases when releasing a product. We are more selective and will only get what we want to get because it hits on all points.

I hate to admit the price point, but I?d pay $160 for a spot on Storm. Especially if it was a look that hasn?t been beat to death.
An interesting point for sure. I definitely have some characters I'd pay more of a premium for. (Final Fantasy line, anyone? Bishoujo Tifa, Aerith, Lightning, pls.)

That said, I think there is a formula here where making these less expensive reaches more people, and, creates larger collections. Their margins are already huge. I'd be much more likely to pick up more of these if they were $90 at the high end instead of $160.

Party time! Let's math.
People are being more selective, maybe one out of every five with the increased rates. That's $450 versus $160 total spent.
Even if they buy one out of every three, $270 versus $160.
We can even factor in the margin reduction. Say there's a 50% margin on these, though I would assume it is much larger.
$160 * 50% = $80
$90 * 50% = $45, * 3 = $135
or
$90 * 50% = $45, * 5 = $225

They'd be making nearly 3x as much money at this game. :: shrug ::
ClaraVoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 01:39 AM   #47
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraVoyent View Post
An interesting point for sure. I definitely have some characters I'd pay more of a premium for. (Final Fantasy line, anyone? Bishoujo Tifa, Aerith, Lightning, pls.)

That said, I think there is a formula here where making these less expensive reaches more people, and, creates larger collections. Their margins are already huge. I'd be much more likely to pick up more of these if they were $90 at the high end instead of $160.

Party time! Let's math.
People are being more selective, maybe one out of every five with the increased rates. That's $450 versus $160 total spent.
Even if they buy one out of every three, $270 versus $160.
We can even factor in the margin reduction. Say there's a 50% margin on these, though I would assume it is much larger.
$160 * 50% = $80
$90 * 50% = $45, * 3 = $135
or
$90 * 50% = $45, * 5 = $225

They'd be making nearly 3x as much money at this game. :: shrug ::
Need to factor the design, development. packaging etc?. Not to mention the shipping and rent (especially ones that did not sell as well as anticipated) increases. Considering this, the new model may be to choose designs that have a guaranteed fan base, soak the buyers with a massive hike and not have to deal with the amplification of above collateral expenses; especially in a time of financial turmoil. Wouldn?t want to be in the Funko Pop position of so much product it costs more to hold than it?s worth.
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 02:24 PM   #48
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Here’s hoping we get a Gambit bishoujo
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 02:12 PM   #49
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

why is her butt flat?
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 03:34 PM   #50