Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-14-2021, 10:35 AM   #81
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
That price seriously bothers me.... I don't get why it's so much.

There's just no way I'd pay that, I really like the marble version but at that price point it's an EASY pass, without giving it so much as a second thought.
8 1/6 scale statues

$2700/8 = $337.50 per statue

Doesn't seem unusual for current 1/6 prices. It's just that it's all at once instead of spread over many releases.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 02:38 PM   #82
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Now up for order! Price is $2,700.

Color ES = 499/ Marble ES = 299
Expected and why I ruled it out quickly.
Knock a zero off and I'd get the marble one.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 02:55 PM   #83
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
8 1/6 scale statues

$2700/8 = $337.50 per statue

Doesn't seem unusual for current 1/6 prices. It's just that it's all at once instead of spread over many releases.
Agree.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:00 PM   #84
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Agree.
Yeah, but you're paying that $337.50 rate for Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison (?), Grail, Silver Swan, and bellhop Circe...

With Sanity I saw it as a great way to pick up neglected, but still popular, Batman characters. These are so out there it seems like a burden.

Still down for Silver Swan even though this might be the last statue she gets.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:05 PM   #85
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Yeah, but you're paying that $337.50 rate for Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison (?), Grail, Silver Swan, and bellhop Circe...

With Sanity I saw it as a great way to pick up neglected, but still popular, Batman characters. These are so out there it seems like a burden.

Still down for Silver Swan even though this might be the last statue she gets.
Totally agree. To me, this one is not about the "price", it is about the "piece". Honestly, this piece could be 1/2 the $2700 price and I still don't think I'd pick it up.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:39 AM   #86
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think we've gone pretty deep into silly season to be seeing prices like this for a piece like this. It'll sell out, because people will buy - some with the hope that they'll make a killing off it ten years from now. But geez....

In the UK, shipped and with customs, you will spend over £3,000 for this piece. That's over $4,200 guys. I don't know how this hobby got here
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:42 AM   #87
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:6 DC Premium Collectibles diorama, Wonder Woman! Beautiful as Aphrodite, wise as Athena, swifter than Hermes, and stronger than Hercules, Princess Diana of Themyscira fights for peace in Man's World. A continuation from Batman Sanity, XM worked with David Finch to bring to you Wonder Woman Courage. The Marble Version draws its inspiration from Wonder Woman’s homeland, Themyscira and gives tribute to Diana’s roots, immortalising this scene as a marble monument of Wonder Woman’s courage and history. This unique piece will be definitely be a masterpiece in your collection. This beloved character is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the high quality finish.

Batman Sanity focuses on Batman’s hold on his own sanity as his rogue gallery surrounds him. For Wonder Woman, the team seeks to create an art piece that encompasses and encapsulates the core of who Wonder Woman is. The Queen of the Amazons is powerful, inspiring and strong. And one thing for sure, she is courageous and undeterred even in the face of danger. Wonder Woman Courage David Finch depicts the foes of our Amazonian Warrior crowding and closing in on her. Despite the danger that lies beneath, she dives in, resolute in her path, with grace and courage.

As Themyscira's emissary to Man's World, Diana has made it her duty to lead by example, even if the differences between her birthplace and new home sometimes present hurdles for her to jump. She has come to represent the possibility and potential of life without war, hate or violence, and she is a beacon of hope to all who find themselves in need. She stands as an equal among the most powerful Super Heroes, with a sense of purpose to protect the world from injustice in all forms."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

Old 06-15-2021, 05:54 AM   #88
French Cancan
Deadman

I absolutely dislike that pose.
If you are a true warrior, you don't expose your bust and knee in this way. You don't attempt to kill clouds with your sword, unless they are really threatening, and you don't protect your buttocks with your shield when the enemy is in front of you.
She looks more like a chick, very pissed off, because she arrived too late at the Vuitton sale.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:56 AM   #89
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:6 DC Premium Collectibles diorama, Wonder Woman! Beautiful as Aphrodite, wise as Athena, swifter than Hermes, and stronger than Hercules, Princess Diana of Themyscira fights for peace in Man's World. A continuation from Batman Sanity, XM worked with David Finch to bring to you Wonder Woman Courage. This Colour Version highlights all the bright and varied colours of the Wonder Woman’s villains and foes, for collectors and comic lovers to appreciate! This beloved character is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the high quality finish..

Batman Sanity focuses on Batman’s hold on his own sanity as his rogue gallery surrounds him. For Wonder Woman, the team seeks to create an art piece that encompasses and encapsulates the core of who Wonder Woman is. The Queen of the Amazons is powerful, inspiring and strong. And one thing for sure, she is courageous and undeterred even in the face of danger. Wonder Woman Courage David Finch depicts the foes of our Amazonian Warrior crowding and closing in on her. Despite the danger that lies beneath, she dives in, resolute in her path, with grace and courage.

As Themyscira's emissary to Man's World, Diana has made it her duty to lead by example, even if the differences between her birthplace and new home sometimes present hurdles for her to jump. She has come to represent the possibility and potential of life without war, hate or violence, and she is a beacon of hope to all who find themselves in need. She stands as an equal among the most powerful Super Heroes, with a sense of purpose to protect the world from injustice in all forms."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

Old 06-15-2021, 05:57 AM   #90
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I absolutely dislike that pose.
If you are a true warrior, you don't expose your bust and knee in this way. You don't attempt to kill clouds with your sword, unless they are really threatening, and you don't protect your buttocks with your shield when the enemy is in front of you.
She looks more like a chick, very pissed off, because she arrived too late at the Vuitton sale.
Can you please pose like a true Warrior and take a picture?