Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-05-2020, 02:02 PM   #1
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So who is excited for next week and the PS5?

I am so excited for this. I did just read though on IGN and SONY that you can't buy any in stores on launch day due to Covid. You can order it online and get it that way but you can't go to the store to get it unless you were lucky enough to get a preorder in.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 02:09 PM   #2
Mister H
Green Goblin

I'm definitely interested. As always I'm going to let others buy it first and see what the downside is. I've never owned a Playstation before but this "could" be the first.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 03:02 PM   #3
Wizard
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I was able to get a preorder through Sony. Very excited. I’ve had every incarnation of the Playstation when it first became available. Keeping the streak alive!

I’m as excited to replay upgraded versions of PS4 games (Days Gone, Last of Us 2) as I am for the PS5 games, which is probably due to the limited PS5 titles at launch.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:22 PM   #4
Frankierock
Omega Red

I can’t wait til next week I was lucky enough to get a pre order in for both systems. Scored an Xbox at Best Buy and the Ps5 on Amazon. To be fair the Xbox is going to my son for Xmas. I won’t get one for myself until maybe next spring/summer as I have an Xbox one X. The only thing I’m not happy about is the storage space at launch. Seems so little especially since games like COD and Spider-Man are both over 100 gigs. Other than that I’m pretty excited..I never got a PS4 pro. And only have the the original PS4 so this is a true upgrade.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:25 AM   #5
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I managed to secure neither system. My husband is hoping to secure me my beloved XBox for my Christmas present since I only have the original XBox One.

I am excited to head about the PS5 bc it’s on our radar to get too.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 02:26 AM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules

I never get excited about new console releases. The first wave of games tend to be mostly iffy, and it takes years for the good stuff to arrive.
I will probably jump on a PS5 in around2 or 3 years time ..or when Gran Turismo arrives.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:32 AM   #7
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m excited. I picked up the disc version for my son and the digital for myself. I got lucky on Best Buy on the day Sony did the big presentation and then retailers started selling it early that night. I happened to be awake and got lucky.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 04:04 PM   #8
Wizard
A day without sunshine is like... night.

As an aside, anyone hyped for the remastered news on the Mass Effect trilogy coming out next February? It may not have stuck the landing completely, but I certainly spent a ton of enjoyable hours playing the trilogy. A definite pick-up for me.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:23 AM   #9
jinkazama
Cobra Command

I was told you need to use a special adaptor when you lay the PS5 down flat, instead of standing it up in a vertical position.Is this true, and if so, why?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:19 AM   #10
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
I was told you need to use a special adaptor when you lay the PS5 down flat, instead of standing it up in a vertical position.Is this true, and if so, why?
You don’t need a anything special to lay it down. The stand it comes with works for both horizontal and vertical positions. Only difference is when it’s vertical it seems more stable because it’s screwed in and this is it’s natural position. When laying it flat the stand just clips in. And it does wobble a bit due to size and weight. But not enough to be worried about unless you plan on moving it around a lot.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote