Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-20-2023, 05:37 PM   #29141
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
indiana jones and the last crusade - 9/10
always been my favorite indy movie, it really should have been the last crusade...

indiana jones and the crystal skull - 2/10
this started out kind of fun but quickly became silly and uninteresting
Yes, Crystal Skull is terrible. And I'm not getting a warm feeling on the Dial of Destiny either.

Should have left this franchise alone after the first 3 (or at least rebooted as Harrison is just too old).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 05:54 PM   #29142
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Shazam 2 - 6/10 No masterpiece by any means, but it was a lot of fun. Some genuinely funny jokes and good action scenes. I enjoyed watching this more than most of the recent MCU offerings.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 05:09 PM   #29143
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Return to Seoul (2022) - A twenty-five-year-old French woman returns to Korea, the country she was born in before being adopted by a French couple, for the very first time. She decides to track down her biological parents, but her journey takes a surprising turn.

This was a compelling story with many awkward interactions between characters stemming from the premise. These people have serious issues. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:03 AM   #29144
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Batman Begins 8/10

I cought a cable tv rerun. Watching for the 4th time.

Spoiler
Batman left Ra's AL Ghul to death in the train scene still left a bad taste in my mouth... That was indirect murder.
Michael Caine, Alfred was the best thing about the film, if you ask me. He is a really great actor. Batmobile/Thumbler was as much of a star in the film as the actors and actresses, it really shined.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 10:27 AM   #29145
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

65. 6/10
Old Henry. 7/10
Ant-Man 3. 4/10
Boyhood. 9/10
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:10 AM   #29146
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

The Secret of Kells (2009) - A young boy in a remote medieval outpost under siege from barbarian raids is beckoned to adventure when a celebrated master illuminator arrives with an ancient book, brimming with secret wisdom and powers. 10/10

Song of the Sea (2014) - Ben, a young Irish boy, and his little sister Saoirse, a girl who can turn into a seal, go on an adventure to free the fairies and save the spirit world. 9/10

Wolfwalkers (2020) - A young apprentice hunter and her father journey to Ireland to help wipe out the last wolf pack. But everything changes when she befriends a free-spirited girl from a mysterious tribe rumored to transform into wolves by night. 9/10

Tomm Moore directed a fantastic trilogy of animated Irish folklore films. I prefer the bonkers psychedelic animation style of the first over the two later more refined movies, but all three are wonderful.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 06:24 PM   #29147
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

John Wick 4 8/10

I really like Keanu Reeves. I am in for all Keanu Reeves Films.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:01 PM   #29148
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

John Wick 4 - 9/10 - As long as you go into these movies knowing what they are (aka very unrealistic in a very comic book/manga way), you will have an absolute blast. I just love the series and cannot wait for The Ballerina and The Continental.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:39 AM   #29149
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The Glass Onion - 8/10 - The first movie featuring Daniel Craig's character - Knives Out - was incredible. This movie was very good but I think it went a bit over the top with the setting of where the movie mainly took place. I did think that the cast was great though.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 04:43 PM   #29150
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

John Wick 4 - 8/10
I still have trouble seeing nice guy Keanu as a rampaging hitman, but the realistic (by movie standards) handling of the weapons (especially reloading) and the more practical fighting styles always wins me over. Of course the bulletproof tailored suits are always cool but funny. Nice to see Scott Adkins make an appearance.
At this point, I think Keanu has trained so much for these movies that he probably has some of John Wick's powers.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote