Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-26-2021, 08:46 AM   #121
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I agree, and in this thread, I'm falling into the negative vibe category. For this you have my apologies.

I want, and believe that a company like (or indeed specifically) JND can have a bright future. Their concept of silicone, ultra realism, glass eyes, real hair and 1/3 is for me, a winning formula.

I just want to see them apply these skills in a more diverse way, then regurgitating the usual suspects.......

But you're absolutely right, this gripe or observation has no place in this thread about Harley Quinn / Margot Robbie.

So, from my side, enjoy this (hopefully) wonderful piece!!!
No need to apologize my friend, I always enjoy reading the comments that you place

I was just sensing a negative repeating vibe the last months, this mostly happens just before a statue is getting ready for release/preordering
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 08:49 AM   #122
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood has become my favourite Tarantino movie. Followed by Pulp Fiction. I do not recall any focus being on feet.
My favorite Tarantino film as well. I believe her feet were focused on when she was in the movie theater.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 08:49 AM   #123
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

*double post*

Last edited by Exorcist; 06-26-2021 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 06-26-2021, 08:52 AM   #124
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
I am starting to see some sort kind of pattern with 3 or 4 people, always ending in some sort of dissatisfaction/anticlimax..... a negative vibe if you will. Maybe I am seeing things, but it sure feels like a repeating glitch in the Matrix

Ahhh well I guess I need to start to grow a pair and start focusing more on the positive vibes, and there are a lot of those within this fantastic forum

Looking at Catwoman, Friday will probably be the preorder moment for Harley BTW
I was moderator for ten years in a French site dedicated to metal ( the music! ), and I can say without a doubt if this site had accepted only the positive vibrations, it would quickly become boring as death. In a forum where everything is about passion, feelings and resentments can only be exacerbated. This can generate interesting debates, but also sterile debates. As in the real life. If you prefer a site where everyone sings the same song as you, create yours, and be a ruthless censor.
As far as I am concerned, I have expressed several times - it is true- my doubts about silicone, while trying to nuance my remarks. As for JND, silicone or not, they still didn't offer me an actor/actress who would interest me enough to spend 2/3k, and therefore, did not give me the opportunity to test my resistance to the idea of having a silicone statue in my collection. JND, bring me Leeloo, and we'll see!
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 08:59 AM   #125
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
My favorite Tarantino film as well. I believe her feet were focused on when she was in the movie theater.
I'll have to pay more attention when i next view. I must have watched the movie on Blu-ray roughly six times. Sure the story fails to count for much. The movie is a visual feast of epic proportions. The three leads are absolutely on form. Too bad Margot Robbie does not receive as much screen time as the other two. So far, i have not tired of watching the Bruce Lee scene

I am surprised Hot Toys wasn't all over the movie.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:10 AM   #126
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
I'll have to pay more attention when i next view. I must have watched the movie on Blu-ray roughly six times. Sure the story fails to count for much. The movie is a visual feast of epic proportions.
I really enjoyed the story. I love that Tarantino took a terrible event from history and put a positive and crazy spin on it. There was such a strong air of dread and tension that paid off in the best way possible. It’s the happy ending we wish we could have gotten in reality. And as you said, all of the actors were absolutely on point.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:11 AM   #127
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I was moderator for ten years in a French site dedicated to metal ( the music! ), and I can say without a doubt if this site had accepted only the positive vibrations, it would quickly become boring as death. In a forum where everything is about passion, feelings and resentments can only be exacerbated. This can generate interesting debates, but also sterile debates. As in the real life. If you prefer a site where everyone sings the same song as you, create yours, and be a ruthless censor.
As far as I am concerned, I have expressed several times - it is true- my doubts about silicone, while trying to nuance my remarks. As for JND, silicone or not, they still didn't offer me an actor/actress who would interest me enough to spend 2/3k, and therefore, did not give me the opportunity to test my resistance to the idea of having a silicone statue in my collection. JND, bring me Leeloo, and we'll see!
Not needed but thank you for explaining bro, Vive la France
Old 06-26-2021, 09:32 AM   #128
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Not needed but thank you for explaining bro, Vive la France
France, its people, its metal and its cheeses thank you!
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:19 AM   #129
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
France, its people, its metal and its cheeses thank you!
Old 06-26-2021, 12:25 PM   #130
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood has become my favourite Tarantino movie. Followed by Pulp Fiction. I do not recall any focus being on feet.
All tarantino films have a focus on bare feet of an attractive female. It's his fetish. In once upon a time in Hollywood I recall the scene when the young girl has her feet on the dash of the car
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote