Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 04-13-2021, 09:45 AM   #751
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
THAT would be cool. But you're talking 3rd tier in a line that will be lucky to crack 25% of the top tier before it ends. MOTU statue lines have about as abysmal a record as GI Joe lines in terms of longevity
People tend to gloss over that PCS got out 10 main MOTU/POP characters in 1/4 scale. 11 if you count Battle Cat from their Dio.

I know everyone has their favorites but other than Mer-Man no high dollar statue line will ever get much past that.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:19 AM   #752
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The concern is if repeats start coming out and taking up spots for new characters. I would think if you bought the Sideshow pieces you'd be pretty content letting Tweeterheaad make at least new 4-5 characters before a rehash (I'm just greedy for She-Ra).

As of now, combining both companies, we have 6 MOTU characters. With two male characters mentioned, that's 8. It's easy to get 10. I see a max of 15 characters between the two lines with Tweeterhead at the helm. The only question is WHO would be made.

IF granted permission to make a couple of PoP characters - I think Catra, Shadow Weaver, and a good girl (god I hope not Glimmer) would be made. I really want the animals. Battle Cat, Swiftwind, and Panthor are the sh!t. Could you imagine the dopeness of smaller scale dio pieces with He-Man/Battle Cat, Skeletor/Panthor, and She-Ra/Swiftwind?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:58 AM   #753
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
I would like to see some of the Snake men get the statue love.

I really hope the line survives long enough to reach that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Tung Lashor is my favorite!
Quote:
Yeah! I do like Rattlor as well though.
I always consider them a duo and I would have to have both... I couldn't get one without the other.

I would also like to see a nice Kobra Khan made.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:42 PM   #754
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The concern is if repeats start coming out and taking up spots for new characters. I would think if you bought the Sideshow pieces you'd be pretty content letting Tweeterheaad make at least new 4-5 characters before a rehash (I'm just greedy for She-Ra).

As of now, combining both companies, we have 6 MOTU characters. With two male characters mentioned, that's 8. It's easy to get 10. I see a max of 15 characters between the two lines with Tweeterhead at the helm. The only question is WHO would be made.

IF granted permission to make a couple of PoP characters - I think Catra, Shadow Weaver, and a good girl (god I hope not Glimmer) would be made. I really want the animals. Battle Cat, Swiftwind, and Panthor are the sh!t. Could you imagine the dopeness of smaller scale dio pieces with He-Man/Battle Cat, Skeletor/Panthor, and She-Ra/Swiftwind?
See that's the misconception. Repeats don't take up spots for new characters. It's all about sales potential. This is how come people are endlessly waiting for their faves in lines like X-Men and Justice League.

Repeating He-Man or Skele right now would not have more sales potential than this Hordak or Teela.
A year or 2 from now a He-Man or Skele repeat will definitely have more sales potential than Kobra Kahn, Catra, or some other unnamed "good girl"

Now I would love Dio pieces of all of them actually riding their animals not alongside or just companion pieces. Full matching 1/5 scale. If you can sell lifesize busts you can sell full scale dios.
I want a roaring Battle-Cat with He-man proudly on top!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:56 PM   #755
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
So, I looked into that after Otter posted it. Apparently Universal already owns entertainment rights to MOTU, but Mattel has first rights to produce toys. If they pass on a toy category then Universal can go to another toy brand. That ends in 2023 and goes to Universal. Not sure what that means for statues or this line. I guess it depends on whether this fits under toys or not. Even if it does, Chad might have already hashed things out with Universal.

This guy gives a good rundown, but even he's not absolutely sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Qv-y3vVrk
Just read this: https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3921710
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:10 PM   #756
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
Thanks for the link. Nightcrawler seems pretty emphatic that there is no 2023 cut off for Mattel, but I have no idea if anyone actually knows at this point.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:35 PM   #757
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Wonder why the people making the action figures and statues couldn't just make a statement and clear it up? Has anyone tried contacting Mattel for a straight answer?
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:40 PM   #758
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
But if they don't want to only make male baddies from PoP, I think SW quickly jumps into tier 1 TBH. Also she is a no brainer as a companion piece for Hordak.
Quote:
Bring on all the ladies! Well at least She-ra, Catra, and Shadow Weaver. I would even buy Scorpia.
Entrapta first!!!!!!

what is going on here, people?!

dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:56 PM   #759
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post

I really hope the line survives long enough to reach that point.

I always consider them a duo and I would have to have both... I couldn't get one without the other.

I would also like to see a nice Kobra Khan made.
And since the character Scare Glo was thrown around in Tweeterhead thread discussions, it would be exciting to see even lesser-known Snake Men like Snake Face. That dude's face still creeps me out!
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:58 PM   #760
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Entrapta first!!!!!!

what is going on here, people?!
Oh myyyy.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote