Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-15-2021, 02:31 AM   #11
Asgard
Deadman

I have read vol 1 and i don't like the story at all. This is all to far from the Wonder Woman and her world i like.

Hope vol 2 is better.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 06:00 AM   #12
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I have read vol 1 and i don't like the story at all. This is all to far from the Wonder Woman and her world i like.

Hope vol 2 is better.
I'm glad you give it shot, buddy. What did you read from who about Wonder Woman before Eart One, vol. 1 ? that made you dislike Earth One,vol. 1 ? What is The proper world of Wonder Woman for you ?
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 06:30 AM   #13
Asgard
Deadman

What I've read about Wonder Woman so far is manageable.

Wonder Woman v01 - The Lies (2017)
Wonder Woman v02 - Year One
:
Wonder Woman v07 - Amazons Attacked
----

The Brave and the Bold - Batman and Wonder Woman

----

Wonder Woman by George Perez vol 1 -> vol 4
(because of the statue WW vs Hydra)

-----

Then there are comics where she also plays, e.g. DCeased
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 06:54 AM   #14
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

George Perez, huh. I have the omnibuses but i don't know if i ever read them, because i hear from alot of people who read George Perez's Wonder Woman run, things like ''time hasn't been kind to it...''. Ofcourse, what they talk about is the writting, otherwise Goerge Perez's art is ever amazing, forever and i got the omnibuses for the art, actually.

I only read JMS's Wonder Woman mini Odyssey, vol. 1 and it wasn't very good, other than that i read Wonder Woman only in evets and JLA so i don't have any kind of understanding of how the world of Wonder Woman, or Wonder Woman and Amazons themselves should be. I think that's why i liked Earth One, vol. 1.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:36 AM   #15
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
George Perez, huh. I have the omnibuses but i don't know if i ever read them, because i hear from alot of people who read George Perez's Wonder Woman run, things like ''time hasn't been kind to it...''. Ofcourse, what they talk about is the writting, otherwise Goerge Perez's art is ever amazing, forever and i got the omnibuses for the art, actually.

I only read JMS's Wonder Woman mini Odyssey, vol. 1 and it wasn't very good, other than that i read Wonder Woman only in evets and JLA so i don't have any kind of understanding of how the world of Wonder Woman, or Wonder Woman and Amazons themselves should be. I think that's why i liked Earth One, vol. 1.
I had no problem with Hercules being portrayed the way he was because Morrison used the early and original wonder woman comic as an inspiration for wonder woman earth one and that is how Hercules was portrayed back then

I would recommend reading the George Perez wonder woman because before he was doing it wonder woman was just a very mediocre selling comic and he totally revolutionize the character. And yes that was from the late 80s early 90s so there might be some of it that seems dated but I think you could say that about any run of comic. I have not read that run in a few decades I still have all the issues and they are not issues I will ever part with but I think when reading older comics do you have to be in the mindset of thinking about the time. They were written in. And also there are some people who think that Claremont and Burns X-Men run is dated or that the Paul Levitt‘s Keith Giffin legion of superheroes is dated. A lot of it just Hass to do with one person‘s opinion and sometimes reading a comic that might be a little simpler and maybe a little more innocent is a good thing.

And as for JMS is wonder woman run it started off very good but then he stopped scripting it and they extended it from a 12 issue run to a 14 issue run like they were trying to spread it out longer than what it ever should’ve been spread out for. I do have to say though I really liked the costume that she wore in that run.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 11:10 AM   #16
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I had no problem with Hercules being portrayed the way he was because Morrison used the early and original wonder woman comic as an inspiration for wonder woman earth one and that is how Hercules was portrayed back then

I would recommend reading the George Perez wonder woman because before he was doing it wonder woman was just a very mediocre selling comic and he totally revolutionize the character. And yes that was from the late 80s early 90s so there might be some of it that seems dated but I think you could say that about any run of comic. I have not read that run in a few decades I still have all the issues and they are not issues I will ever part with but I think when reading older comics do you have to be in the mindset of thinking about the time. They were written in. And also there are some people who think that Claremont and Burns X-Men run is dated or that the Paul Levitt‘s Keith Giffin legion of superheroes is dated. A lot of it just Hass to do with one person‘s opinion and sometimes reading a comic that might be a little simpler and maybe a little more innocent is a good thing.

And as for JMS is wonder woman run it started off very good but then he stopped scripting it and they extended it from a 12 issue run to a 14 issue run like they were trying to spread it out longer than what it ever should’ve been spread out for. I do have to say though I really liked the costume that she wore in that run.
I don't know if i ever read my Perez WW Omnibuses especially now, since you compared it to Claremont X-Men... I have the omnibuses of Claremont Uncanny X-men, i read some of The Omnibus, vol. 1 and it wasn't just dated... It was absolute garbage... i can't believe people praises that thing... I read early Levitz Legion and it sure was written by a child but it is not like people praise it like the greatest achivement of literature like they praise Claremont X-Men, so i always feel the responsibilty of pointing out, what kind of garbege The Uncanny X-Men, Claremont run was, when its name comes up.

My next Wonder Woman read will probably be Azzarello run. Avarage Wonder Woman fans don't like Azzarello run as well, because Amazons rape and kill men in it. I have no problem with that, actually that makes Amazons really hard core if you ask me.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:45 PM   #17
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Now I am curious what Paul Levitt‘s Legion of superheroes run did you read was it his first attempt at the book or was it whenever the great darkness saga start because there was just a major difference in the quality of the writing between his first attempt in the late 70s and his second attempt in the early to mid-80s

Now I did like Azarello‘s wonder woman run however for part of her run it seem like she was a guest star in her own book. I felt that that was about 1/3 of his run where there was more focused on the supporting cast then there was on her. I would recommend it but it is kind of funny how when Greg Rocca took over the book he kind of did away with a lot of what Brian Azzarello and I even think the finches did with the character. However as much as I like David finches artwork the run with him and his wife writing the book I thought was god awful. The only thing that I think I really liked about the finches run was the outfit they gave Donna Troy which is on the cover of wonder woman 43. However I don’t know who designed that costume they gave wonder woman but that thing was hideous
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:29 PM   #18
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Now I am curious what Paul Levitt‘s Legion of superheroes run did you read was it his first attempt at the book or was it whenever the great darkness saga start because there was just a major difference in the quality of the writing between his first attempt in the late 70s and his second attempt in the early to mid-80s

Now I did like Azarello‘s wonder woman run however for part of her run it seem like she was a guest star in her own book. I felt that that was about 1/3 of his run where there was more focused on the supporting cast then there was on her. I would recommend it but it is kind of funny how when Greg Rocca took over the book he kind of did away with a lot of what Brian Azzarello and I even think the finches did with the character. However as much as I like David finches artwork the run with him and his wife writing the book I thought was god awful. The only thing that I think I really liked about the finches run was the outfit they gave Donna Troy which is on the cover of wonder woman 43. However I don’t know who designed that costume they gave wonder woman but that thing was hideous
I read Superboy and The Legion of Super Heroes OHC, vol. 1 and 2. Levitz was a kid when he was writting this title and that can be seen. There are huge logical problems in some of the stories, but overall i enjoyed the childish playfulness of the book. I like Legion, Lightning Lad and Starman are my two favorite characters.

Rucka especially came back to did away with what Azzarello brought to Wonder Woman's lore. Greg Rucka, Gail Simone and Nicola Scott. The terrible trio... xD was very vocal about how they were displeased with what Brian Azzarello did to Wonder Woman and Amazons in his run. You can pretty much see in your mind's eye as they stab their knifes to Azzarello's picture on the table infront of them, you know like that Superman cover... xD ahaahahaa The Terrible Trio. The Dirty boy Rucka and Goddesses that run with wolfs and ----... xD ahahahhah I tease The Dirty Boy Rucka as much as possible as a ever vigilant Batman boy !!! xD never forget Hiketeia !!! xD hahah

Oh, I forget to mention, i loved Wonder Woman's costume in JMS's Odyssey. I didn't know JMS back then. I got the comics because i thought that was The Best Wonder Woman costume ever. Seriously, i liked the costume so much that made me buy the comics, but unfortunatly the story was not good. I still haven't read the vol. 2 on my shelf after so many years... The Wonder Woman: Odyssey, vol. 1 was that boring.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:42 AM   #19
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I had vol 1 over a year without reading it. I liked it, I liked bol 2 as well. I have vol 3 on order, Instock Trades service really sucks during the pandemic. My order is a month old and still not shipped.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 03:49 PM   #20
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Ordered WW Earth One, vol. 2 . Better late than never... HA HA