Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-13-2021, 07:57 AM   #231
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I didn't even notice that it was set for FedEx! They've always shipped via UPS to me.

I switched it back to UPS, and the price dropped from $62.38 to $33.17.

Thanks for the head's up!
I called to have mine changed, but it was too late. She told me if FedEx gives a quote first, they will ship via FedEx. I told her they should NEVER go with the higher shipping rate. They have never shipped by FedEx to me so I didn't even look at the carrier. I really feel like they stole $30 from me, and I'm not too happy about that.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:35 AM   #232
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
I called to have mine changed, but it was too late. She told me if FedEx gives a quote first, they will ship via FedEx. I told her they should NEVER go with the higher shipping rate. They have never shipped by FedEx to me so I didn't even look at the carrier. I really feel like they stole $30 from me, and I'm not too happy about that.
I don't blame you for not being happy about the switch. They've NEVER shipped anything to me via FedEx so it's definitely not normal. If I hadn't come to the forum and gotten a head's up, I'd have paid the higher shipping without knowing there was a cheaper option. I'm pretty irritated that I feel like I have to check every order from now on because I can't trust that they're giving me the best shipping price.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:04 PM   #233
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
I don't blame you for not being happy about the switch. They've NEVER shipped anything to me via FedEx so it's definitely not normal. If I hadn't come to the forum and gotten a head's up, I'd have paid the higher shipping without knowing there was a cheaper option. I'm pretty irritated that I feel like I have to check every order from now on because I can't trust that they're giving me the best shipping price.
It was because of the response to you I went to check mine. On top of using FedEx, they require a DIRECT signature which means you have to sign for it in person. UPS would at lest let me pre-sign and they would leave it. Luckily I am working from home for the time being.
Definitely learned my lesson here.

Anyway, I AM excited to receive it. All the pics look amazing!
Old 05-13-2021, 03:33 PM   #234
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
It was because of the response to you I went to check mine. On top of using FedEx, they require a DIRECT signature which means you have to sign for it in person. UPS would at lest let me pre-sign and they would leave it. Luckily I am working from home for the time being.
Definitely learned my lesson here.

Anyway, I AM excited to receive it. All the pics look amazing!
I guess the good thing is that it wasn't some ridiculous shipping rate that was hundreds of dollars. It still stings a bit paying more, but it could have been much worse.

Still, I'm going to check all of my orders before they ship now. I shouldn't have to, but I know one day that shipping rate will be nuts if I don't catch it.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:46 PM   #235
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It's a nice piece but those muscle abs look cartoonish.
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:16 PM   #236
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
It's a nice piece but those muscle abs look cartoonish.
And that's exactly how he's supposed to look considering this is a classic COMIC version I think it's a beautiful piece and one of the better pieces Sideshow has done lately. Looks straight out of a comic wilth bold colors and an awesome pose. It's great
mistermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:26 PM   #237
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I’m tempted by this piece, but I’m a little concerned how that white dress shirt is going to hold up over time. Anyone else?
I owned the Bride of Frankenstein PF for 12 years. She held up fine in an ALL WHITE dress. Supes will hold up just as fine. Just don't touch him much and only with clean hands. Also, I have sixth scale figures that are over ten years old and the fabric on them is just fine and they get touched waaayyy more than a PF with fabric ever would. This PF is beautiful and worth getting at least imo
mistermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:22 PM   #238
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This looks like a hybrid Hot Toy and Statue. Not for me.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 01:04 PM   #239
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
I guess the good thing is that it wasn't some ridiculous shipping rate that was hundreds of dollars. It still stings a bit paying more, but it could have been much worse.

Still, I'm going to check all of my orders before they ship now. I shouldn't have to, but I know one day that shipping rate will be nuts if I don't catch it.
Another drawback to FedEx is their delivery estimates have been off for months. He is suppose to be delivered today but there are no updates since it left CA last Wednesday. Since it requires a direct signature, I'm glad I work from home and didn't stay home waiting for it to arrive.

Last edited by Tempest; 05-18-2021 at 04:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-18-2021, 01:06 PM   #240
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
And that's exactly how he's supposed to look considering this is a classic COMIC version I think it's a beautiful piece and one of the better pieces Sideshow has done lately. Looks straight out of a comic wilth bold colors and an awesome pose. It's great
Agreed. It's a phenomenal piece (I'm just not a fan of fabric).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote