Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-24-2021, 02:24 AM   #11
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Talos is my favorite.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 11:21 AM   #12
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

i'v been trying to cut back on my purchases, but i am powerless to this line. Every piece is just magnificent (the only ones i haven't PO'd are the dinos). I was waiting for Kali to be released, and she is just as stunning as i imagined her. about a year ago, i was going to buy ALL of the old X-Plus Harryhausen statues...someone told me to hold off. i'm glad i waited.

i'm going all Deluxe on this line because i think the bases make them more presentable, they look more like statues as opposed to figures. I got the first Star Ace Skull Island Kong Deluxe and i never regret my decision.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 01:18 PM   #13
MrYac
Hercules

These are beautiful, a set I’d love to pick up. I know he’s not one of the heavy hitters but Minoton will always be my favorite Harryhausen monster, so here’s hoping they get to him.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:04 PM   #14
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I am curious hot the soft vinyl holds up over time. And risk of warping or drooping due to heat? Only vinyl statues I have are the far less costly anime figures.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:19 PM   #15
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I am curious hot the soft vinyl holds up over time. And risk of warping or drooping due to heat? Only vinyl statues I have are the far less costly anime figures.
Soft Vinyl but they’re definitely not soft. The only time I can get them to move of flex is by heating them up with a blow dryer. This is necessary for assembling tails.

I think they’ll last a VERY long time. Just as long as resin me thinks, as long as they’re not stored in an attic in Texas
Old 05-16-2021, 08:17 PM   #16
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Soft Vinyl but they’re definitely not soft. The only time I can get them to move of flex is by heating them up with a blow dryer. This is necessary for assembling tails.

I think they’ll last a VERY long time. Just as long as resin me thinks, as long as they’re not stored in an attic in Texas
Are solid or hollow? When I think soft vinyl, I think the the very soft and flexible vinyl from those old Horizon model kits. Or is this solid PVC like that used in anime figures? I like this, but it is just a bit too pricey for me.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:21 PM   #17
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I love how these all look, but the prices are a little rough to justify.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 09:51 PM   #18
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Are solid or hollow? When I think soft vinyl, I think the the very soft and flexible vinyl from those old Horizon model kits. Or is this solid PVC like that used in anime figures? I like this, but it is just a bit too pricey for me.
Definitely hollow. Not solid.

I totally agree about the prices. They should be about $50-100 less. And the Deluxes are a lot more for just a base. The Talos Deluxe is $90 more just for a base!
Old 05-16-2021, 10:24 PM   #19
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I love how these all look, but the prices are a little rough to justify.
I’m with you 100%. The Kraken is $500 for a piece that’s only 13” tall... but he is 25” wide.

If this were any other line, I’d pass without hesitation, especially considering the price. but Harryhausen’s monsters done by Xplus at this scale is just a dream come true for me. I love Xplus. They take pride in extreme accuracy and nailing likeness. I think they’re one of the best collectible companies that doesn’t specialize in polystone/resin. Their Godzilla Kaiju line is something special. I think that line is only bested by Bowen Designs MB and FS line, it’s THAT impressive. These things being brand new traditional sculpts (not digitally sculpted) produced in conjunction with the Ray and Diana Harryhausen foundation means there’s a strong chance these will be the most accurate - finest representations of these monsters to be produced.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:20 AM   #20
qz33
Doctor Doom

Always intrigued to learn more about materials and detail superiority.
https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/x-plus-...x-plus-vinyls/

Would love to see this in person.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/152418
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote