protocol (called Ouroboros) that validates transactions without high energy
costs. Development on Cardano uses the Haskell programming language,
which is described as enabling Cardano “to pursue evidence-based
development for unparalleled security and stability.” The blockchain’s
native token, ADA, is named after the 19th century mathematician, Ada
Lovelace.

I have been following ADA Cardano.. and decided to take a punt

Here is why:
Cryptocurrency ADA Cardano appears to be making the news at the moment.
I missed out on Bitcoin which currently sits at $53661.80 which is crazy.

ADA Cardano has grown to over 500% this year, which all points to those in the know knowing something.

Other news this week:
FD7 Ventures Sold Bitcoin Holdings to Buy $380M Worth of Cardano

What i like about ADA Cardano is it appears work differently to other cryptocurrencies which could see it replace Ethereum
Imagine if it were to replace BitCoin

Also:
Bitcoin uses more electricity annually than the whole of Argentina, analysis
by Cambridge University suggests.

"Mining" for the cryptocurrency is power-hungry, involving heavy computer
calculations to verify transactions.

Cambridge researchers say it consumes around 121.36 terawatt-hours (TWh) a
year - and is unlikely to fall unless the value of the currency slumps.

Critics say electric-car firm Tesla's decision to invest heavily in Bitcoin
undermines its environmental image.

What would be good is if Tesla's Elon Musk were to shift his US$1.5 billion in Bitcoin over to ADA Cardano

Up until now i have been against cryptocurrency. This time i decided to take a punt and sit on some ADA Cardano. It might take until 2023 or 2024 for the price to get interesting. Think of ALL THOSE STATUES

Que the saying 'don't count your chickens before they hatch..'

Found It..
What makes ADA Cardano different to other cryptocurrencies?

What is Cardano?
Cardano is the world’s first-ever peer-reviewed decentralized
blockchain solution and ADA is the native cryptocurrency that
powers that protocol. It was created by ex-Ethereum co-founder
Charles Hoskinson.

It is considered to be a third-generation blockchain, different from
Bitcoin or that of many others. Launched in September 2017,
Cardano has quickly established itself in the list of the top
cryptocurrencies.

Cardano uses a programming language that is native to military
infrastructure and other high profile industries, making it extremely
valuable and interesting to a variety of sectors. It may also be used
to prevent counterfeiting in the future.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:12 AM   #2
ukshaun
Hercules

FD7 Ventures’ Managing Director Prakash Chand Predicts Bitcoin
Market Cap of $10 Trillion, with ADA, DOT and ETH Not Far Behind

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates. According to FD7 Ventures Managing Partner, Prakash Chand, Bitcoin’s market cap will reach $10 trillion in a few years, with Cardano (ADA), Polkadot (DOT) and Ethereum (ETH) not too far behind.

Chand, who is the Founder of Ask The Doctor, a Bitcoin investor since 2011, and Managing Partner of billion-dollar global cryptocurrency investment fund FD7 Ventures, believes more people will continue to add cryptocurrency to their portfolio in the next two years, raising the market cap of all cryptocurrencies.

“The new generation of retail investors who got burned on Robinhood will turn to the cryptocurrency markets. We will see a lot of stimulus checks invested in the crypto market over the stock market.” Said Chand.

“It’s pretty cool to see this young generation learning to invest.” Chand continued. “When I was 21, I was worried about spending all my money on a car—a depreciating asset. This new generation is so much more advanced than my generation. They love investing in crypto and find it more appealing than the regular stock market, which is dominated by conventional wall street suit-and-tie types.”

The catalyst for Chand’s increased interest in Ethereum, Polkadot and Cardano was the many conversations he had with a friend and mentor, who is also one of the founders of Ethereum. After those discussions, Chand says, his curiosity about the altcoins deepened.

While Chand does not disclose which of the founders of Ethereum he is referring to, he does note that his friend “is one of the smartest human beings living today. Listening to him is what prompted me to spend hours researching Cardano and Polkadot.”

He went on to say he believes Bitcoin is “a great store of value, with an excellent brand name behind it, but that is pretty much it where it stops. Cardano, Ethereum, and Polkadot, on the other hand, are platforms that are disrupting Education, Finance, Healthcare and many other industries.”

In the last week alone, Chand says the fund has had numerous high-net-worth individuals and institutions approach them about Cardano and Polkadot.

Chand thinks it will be difficult for ETH, DOT, and ADA to beat Bitcoin in terms of market in the near term but believes in 5-7 years they will have the ability to surpass Bitcoin’s market capitalization.

The FD7 Managing Partner said that he does not look at short term prices for these tokens. Instead, he says a slightly longer outlook of a few years holds the possibility of Bitcoin that is 10x its current price, while Ethereum, Polkadot and Cardano have the potential to each rise by 20-30x, if not more, from their current value.

FD7 has been a constant in cryptocurrency news headlines in the last few weeks with recent announcements that they were converting $750M of their funds from BTC to ADA and DOT, confirmation that they completed the $380M of funds being converted to ADA, and an announcement that they have invested in the exclusive BitcoinBlack all metal premium credit card, acquiring 33% Class A voting common shares in the company.

'According to FD7 Ventures Managing Partner, Prakash Chand, Bitcoin’s market cap will reach $10 trillion in a few years, with Cardano (ADA), Polkadot (DOT) and Ethereum (ETH) not too far behind'

I like that bit ..and this bit:

'Chand thinks it will be difficult for ETH, DOT, and ADA to beat Bitcoin in terms of market in the near term but believes in 5-7 years they will have the ability to surpass Bitcoin’s market capitalization.'
Old 03-13-2021, 03:06 AM   #3
ukshaun
Hercules

Mean While..

Retail Investors Are More Bullish on
Cardano’s ADA Than BTC, Survey Shows.

Last month Gene Simmons, the iconic bass player of the popular rock bank Kiss, has
announced he has invested $300,000 into Cardano (ADA), shortly after announcing positions
in other cryptocurrencies including BTC, ETH, and DOGE.

ADA’s price rise may have also been aided by Whales buying up the cryptocurrency. As
CryptoGlobe reported, Dubai-based cryptocurrency investment fund FD7 Ventures has
announced it’s selling $750 million worth of bitcoin to increase its positions in Cardano and
Polkadot.
Old 03-14-2021, 05:29 AM   #4
ukshaun
Hercules

WHAT IS CARDANO?

Cardano is a groundbreaking proof-of-stake blockchain network, being developed into a decentralized application (DApp) development platform with a multi-asset ledger and verifiable smart contracts. Built with the rigor of high-assurance formal development methods, Cardano aims to achieve the scalability, interoperability, and sustainability needed for real-world applications. Cardano is designed to be the platform of choice for the large-scale, mission-critical DApps that will underpin the economy of the future.

Based on peer-reviewed academic research, Cardano has an ethos of openness and transparency. All of the research and technical specifications that underpin Cardano are publicly published, and all Cardano development activity is made available to the public. Cardano is designed by a global team of experts who are leaders in disciplines ranging from distributed systems to programming languages and game theory and is jointly developed by IOHK and partners. IOHK develops the technology, the Cardano Foundation is responsible for supervising development and promoting Cardano, while Emurgo drives commercial adoption. While we are building Cardano, we are merely custodians. When the network is fully decentralized it will belong to the community, and it will be the community who decide its future through advanced governance features.

CARDANO ROADMAP
https://roadmap.cardano.org/en/

I have put some money into this. I like to think that Cardano, the bod's behind it, are onto something

Apparently Bitcoin is power-hungry, involving heavy computer calculations to verify transactions. Cambridge researchers say it consumes around 121.36 terawatt-hours. Could this lead to Bitcoin's downfall?
..besides, for many the Bitcoin boat shipped years ago.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:42 AM   #5
ukshaun
Hercules

Charles Hoskinson - Bright Horizons
https://youtu.be/T7Da6sFAxuI
13th March 2021

LOADING: Image(s)

Do i spy a Thanos Gauntlet on Charles's safe?

Meanwhile..
Cardano is the brainchild of Charles Hoskinson, a 33-year-old
who looks like the PhD student that he was before crypto-
mania took over his life. He’s now a bit of a crypto rock star,
running a YouTube channel with 105,000 subscribers, gets fan
mail and even gifts from admirers, such as a letter Albert
Einstein wrote and a bronze eagle.

Cont.
https://www.livemint.com/market/cryp...737725012.html
Old 03-15-2021, 05:40 AM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

'Many more to come, but here's my first contribution to a great cause -
thanks to Cardano.'
- Stoladev
14th March 2021

Cardano doing good things around the world. Got to love that
Old 03-16-2021, 03:05 AM   #7
ukshaun
Hercules

The last two days have not been kind to ADA Cardano. The damn Bears have been out doing all they can drive prices down. It's what they do. It is all part and parcel, a norm. Like a rubber ball. Remember - prices bounce up after a down

Now for some good news

Cardano price primed to rebound following Bloomberg terminal listing

Bloomberg announced that it will add ADA to its terminal giving institutional
investors exposure to the peer-reviewed blockchain project. However, the
listing is only using the definition, not the price information.

Cont.
https://www.fxstreet.com/cryptocurre...g-202103160533
Old 03-16-2021, 03:49 PM   #8
ukshaun
Hercules

Breaking News.. breaking about 2hrs ago

It has been a while coming.. Cardano is to be listed on Coinbase
The news translated into the price of Cardano jumping up by a whopping 20%

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2...-coinbase-pro/

20% is good.. 200% is better.. 2000% is better still.. can 20000% happen?
Look where BitCoin is at. BitCoin has a problem - BitCoin uses too much electricity.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:24 AM   #9
ukshaun
Hercules

Cardano’s ADA added to Coinbase Pro in time
for founder Charles Hoskinson’s ‘Africa Special’
keynote..

Crypto AM Daily in association with Luno
https://www.cityam.com/cardanos-ada-...ecial-keynote/
Old 03-20-2021, 05:03 AM   #10
ukshaun
Hercules

Placed an order for Elektra (Black Costume Variant)

Fact is, the 'hobby' has become too expensive
For some reason, UK Import Duty/Tax appears to have increased from 20% to way beyond that?

$585.00 - Elektra
$98.16 - Shipping DHL
$193.57 - Duty/Tax
-$19.20 - SSC Rewards
------------------------------
$857.53 - Total

The good news is, rather than using my hard earned cash, i got lucky trading ADA Cardano and pulled in $1495.00 in less than a week
Closed Thread