Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-30-2021, 03:27 PM   #1
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

Question Batgirl Bishoujo - Finding one without the yellow / gold paint problem

Hi all,
I'm on the hunt for a Batgirl Bishoujo. I've read that early runs had issues with the yellow / gold paint.
Is there a way to tell which edition is which? I am hoping there's an indicator or something on the box that I could ask a seller to check for.
Thanks!
ClaraVoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:47 AM   #2
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraVoyent View Post
Hi all,
I'm on the hunt for a Batgirl Bishoujo. I've read that early runs had issues with the yellow / gold paint.
Is there a way to tell which edition is which? I am hoping there's an indicator or something on the box that I could ask a seller to check for.
Thanks!
I think all of them are first runs. Koto haven't reissued that one just yet. I could be wrong though. They should get to reissuing it in due time. Sometimes it takes a while. But they will reissue all of these in time as they already said in earlier messages except for the smaller 1/6 stuff. The rest they promise will or can be reissue. Just stop paying aftermarket for these. Many got burn after they reissue these down the road when they paid 2-3 times more buying aftermarket. All of these will eventually go for less than retail once reissued. Save money and be patient collecting these. Also be very careful of the fake ko on these things. There's a ton of fake items on ebay on these selling for 15-30.00. Once they mix up most people can't tell which is real or fake.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:52 PM   #3
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I think all of them are first runs. Koto haven't reissued that one just yet. I could be wrong though. They should get to reissuing it in due time. Sometimes it takes a while. But they will reissue all of these in time as they already said in earlier messages except for the smaller 1/6 stuff. The rest they promise will or can be reissue. Just stop paying aftermarket for these. Many got burn after they reissue these down the road when they paid 2-3 times more buying aftermarket. All of these will eventually go for less than retail once reissued. Save money and be patient collecting these. Also be very careful of the fake ko on these things. There's a ton of fake items on ebay on these selling for 15-30.00. Once they mix up most people can't tell which is real or fake.
I'll have to dig, but I did see something about them correcting the paint, and there were slight changes, though still considered the same run.

Link to the reissue statement?

I have purchased one aftermarket, though got a pretty good price on it, not much more than what I think an official reissue would be.
Some other older ones I'd like, but not willing to pay aftermarket.
ClaraVoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:47 AM   #4
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraVoyent View Post
I'll have to dig, but I did see something about them correcting the paint, and there were slight changes, though still considered the same run.

Link to the reissue statement?

I have purchased one aftermarket, though got a pretty good price on it, not much more than what I think an official reissue would be.
Some other older ones I'd like, but not willing to pay aftermarket.
The reissue post was on this forum by the reps. Look up older replies by the koto reps.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote