Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #61
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeterhead View Post
Hey Guys,

Just an FYI that Batgirl is printed and being molded/cast as we speak! Barbara has always been one of all time favorite characters so this piece has got to be perfect.

I can tell you that she will have two EX pieces, her purse and a swap out hand holding a batarang.

Was hoping to sneak her into the video on Thursday but I didn't get the castings back yet!

She will be up for Pre-Order in Feb for sure!
Can’t wait to get this in Bat line up for sure
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:31 PM   #62
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have not watched the Video yet but did Chad day what issue of Batman Family this pose came from
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:42 PM   #63
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It looks good!! How much are these usually ?
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:45 PM   #64
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
It looks good!! How much are these usually ?
$225-265
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:46 PM   #65
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The Super Powers line runs between about $225 to $279.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:05 PM   #66
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Looks pretty good! Can't wait to see clearer photos and to see it painted. Very exciting!

Am I the only one that thinks the cape is too short though? I mean, that'll leave more room on the shelf I guess to get the statues closer. Not keen on the oval belt buckle either -we'll see. Love her hair!
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:51 AM   #67
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
The Super Powers line runs between about $225 to $279.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
$225-265
Thanks for the info! $225 is reasonable, but $279 feels a bit high... as long as its detailed enough, its still ok! Reminds me of the Lara Croft Gaming Heads ones they went for $275, which no disrespect, but I thought were a little too over-priced for the level of detail.
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:03 AM   #68
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

These are large statues . Way bigger than Bowen scale . The price is fair for what you get . So far my pieces are brilliant ( joker & Harley + bud and Lou )

You mean this level of amazing detail ? Overpriced ? Really ?

Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:58 AM   #69
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
Looks pretty good! Can't wait to see clearer photos and to see it painted. Very exciting!

Am I the only one that thinks the cape is too short though? I mean, that'll leave more room on the shelf I guess to get the statues closer. Not keen on the oval belt buckle either -we'll see. Love her hair!
The cape might be a touch short because with this look it touched the top of her boots, but it doesn't bother me much. I bet Chad was trying to keep it all within the base.

As for the belt, not sure if you were able to watch the live FB video, but Chad addressed the change. He said the he wanted to do a "Tweeterhead mod" and that really pointed belts seemed odd to him because he always thought the heroes would be stabbing themselves in the stomach went bending/fighting So he made it round to match Bats.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #70
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The cape might be a touch short because with this look it touched the top of her boots, but it doesn't bother me much. I bet Chad was trying to keep it all within the base.

As for the belt, not sure if you were able to watch the live FB video, but Chad addressed the change. He said the he wanted to do a "Tweeterhead mod" and that really pointed belts seemed odd to him because he always thought the heroes would be stabbing themselves in the stomach went bending/fighting So he made it round to match Bats.
Yeah, I watched it. I've never understood people trying to give practical explanations for fantastical characters. Like she can run around on rooftops and jump and fight in those heels (which I love), but that belt is a deal breaker? Just saying, that's part of the iconic costume.

Wish they'd at least make the correct belt since we're getting two. Maybe put the oval buckle on the belt with the purse, since that's Chad's favorite, and use the correct, bat-shaped buckle on the other. That way we'd at least have a choice. It's not a huge deal, but it stands out to the perfectionist in me. Ha. I like the bat buckle.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote