Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-24-2022, 06:15 PM   #241
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Absolutely stunning. Now that's how you take pictures

Can't wait for mine to ship!
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 07:49 PM   #242
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Beautiful pics. I've voiced my opinion on both the paint and design, and still feel the same way, but hopefully in the future you get your statue first so there's less guesswork as to the final quality.

One thing though, it looks like your might have some damage on her left breast. I'm not seeing that white mark on other statues. It looks maybe like it's a scrape showing the raw resin. Considering how damaged she is in terms of the statue's narrative maybe it's not that noticeable in person though.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:54 PM   #243
xb24
Sinister Six

Love the statue setup.
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 11:38 PM   #244
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
I know the feeling. We just built a new house and money goes faster than it comes. The sad thing with collecting is these things don't wait, and I really needed this one. I have some preorders still waiting, but I try to keep away unless I really want it. I hope my photos don't get you in trouble ;-)
So I have one question for you, do you have measurements on this? I know there are measurements on Weta?s site, but I never go by what those say as they could always be different between announcement and final release. Plus I trust people who have a product in hand over the actual maker.
I no longer have a problem with the paint or anything thanks to your photos (I still think the face is meh, especially the teeth) but when I preordered this last year I had room, now I have to make room and that?s why I?m hoping you have measurements.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 03:52 AM   #245
StefanCo
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Love the statue setup.
Thanks, the idea is to move both Laras to there own place, and get the P1 sitting Harley Quinn there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
but hopefully in the future you get your statue first so there's less guesswork as to the final quality.
If they would send them for free I would be glad to make photos of every statue ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
One thing though, it looks like your might have some damage on her left breast. I'm not seeing that white mark on other statues. It looks maybe like it's a scrape showing the raw resin. Considering how damaged she is in terms of the statue's narrative maybe it's not that noticeable in person though.
Yeah, I emailed them about that. There is a bit of paint missing there, however on the photos it's more visible than in reality. I'll see what they answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
I still think the face is meh, especially the teeth)
The face is ok from most angles. Full frontal view it maybe seems a bit too narrow compared to the prototype. And the mouth and teeth I have to agree on, but only from that same angle. The paint on the lips is a bit to pronounced, and the curvy upper line makes it look like lipstick, which I doubt she used in that part of the game ;-)

Quote:
So I have one question for you, do you have measurements on this?
This is around 45 x 41 x 78cm (WxDxH), if you measure the way I displayed her.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 12:40 PM   #246
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

In attaching the lower raptor (the one that is by itself and not the one Lara is vaulting off), how much is the peg visible? Does this fit perfectly and rest in all of the claw/hand indentions?

Having a bit of trouble attaching it, and couldn't really find any assembly videos.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 01:10 PM   #247
StefanCo
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_FAN128 View Post
In attaching the lower raptor (the one that is by itself and not the one Lara is vaulting off), how much is the peg visible? Does this fit perfectly and rest in all of the claw/hand indentions?

Having a bit of trouble attaching it, and couldn't really find any assembly videos.
No visible peg when attached right. I had to try a few times for each, you got to find the right angle and suddenly it fits.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 10:44 AM   #248
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

I kind of finally gave up on the solo raptor. The other raptor and Lara easily slide into place instantly, so it's too bad for whatever reason one raptor was giving me trouble.

Right now my solo raptor is seemingly in place, barely visible peg, and the claws *kind of* line up with the base indentions. Super dynamic piece, I'm trusting in the Weta engineers that this baby can defy gravity after years of display.

Despite all the portrait drama mine is actually spot on. Eyebrows look great, eyes look great, eye makeup is closely matching the proto pics without "goopy/blooby" makeup. I could definitely complain about Lara's arms, the dirt/injuries/spots on the skin, and most notably the hands. The hands were the worst aspect of my entire statue. Remind me of a $75 Joelle Jones Black Canary statue's hands I used to have.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 05:18 PM   #249
Lugnuts
Birdman

Still waiting on mine from spec fiction. They said they would have it by April 5 but apparently not. I was looking forward to this but now I’m lukewarm on it. I would cancel and get my money back but I’m too lazy to do that. I want to see this in person but I don’t know if I want to keep it now. If I wanted to get this, take pictures of it, and if I end up not liking it can I send it back to get my money back? Is that a thing?
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 09:13 PM   #250
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Still waiting on mine from spec fiction. They said they would have it by April 5 but apparently not. I was looking forward to this but now I?m lukewarm on it. I would cancel and get my money back but I?m too lazy to do that. I want to see this in person but I don?t know if I want to keep it now. If I wanted to get this, take pictures of it, and if I end up not liking it can I send it back to get my money back? Is that a thing?
Send a quick email to Todd. It's listed as Ready to Ship on his site as of today. I emailed him a few hours ago and he said he didnt start invoicing international buyers yet.. I'm in Canada so if you're in the USA then you're in luck! I have to be a little more patient.
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote