Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-19-2021, 05:45 PM   #71
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
But statue makers really just need to realize most of us want this guy:

In the classic Celestial armor.

I think most wouldn’t mind some modern flair and updating, but nothing overboard, over designed or far removed from the classic look.
Yeah I want him as he was depicted in those early appearances but for me it's more about the way they depicted his body type. Never felt like he was supposed to be this massive mound of muscle like Thanos.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:17 PM   #72
SONICobra
Batman

Saw the portrait somewhere on facebook (render), looked promising definitely better than the pf
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:10 PM   #73
Royalguard
The Avengers

This looks promising, be a long wait till this guy is on shelves, nevertheless I’m excited for the full reveal.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:30 PM   #74
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:

More recent 616 main continuity costumes from Hickman’s X-Men, and Excalibur

Some good Apocs there. I'd be most happy with pic #2 or 3, but even those more Egyptian costumes are cool. They all downplay the "A" in one way or another - big thumbs up in my book.

Something I don't like the looks of from the over-the-shoulder pics of this XM - the head. Apoc's 'hair' looks more like a helmet or skullcap. Not a fan.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:47 AM   #75
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Hmmmm... not sure I am loving what I am seeing. I understand the desire to add detail, but would Apocalypse have stitching on his "costume"? And weathering and battle damage?

Kinda hoped for a classic comic blue too, but so far that's not a negative for me just yet.

Maybe I just need some time to soak it all in.

This is definitely getting too far away from what I expect from an Apocalypse statue. Putting too much detail for the sake of putting details. Sometimes it is not necessary to do that.

And again it looks like a one leg up pose. Really not that bad tho since he looks like he is walking. But does look like a Thanos pose recycle.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:49 AM   #76
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Yeah I want him as he was depicted in those early appearances but for me it's more about the way they depicted his body type. Never felt like he was supposed to be this massive mound of muscle like Thanos.

Exactly. As close to the character in the comics as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post

Kinda disagree on this tho. Since Apoc can increase his size at will, I always thought him being a massive mound of muscle made sense and made him look more menacing.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:35 AM   #77
aaronica
The Avengers

Look like a transformer statue to me. Seem like XM just like to add bolts and nuts just for detailing sake. I really wonder whether they did any research on the character prior to designing the statue.
aaronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 08:14 AM   #78
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Kinda disagree on this tho. Since Apoc can increase his size at will, I always thought him being a massive mound of muscle made sense and made him look more menacing.
I agree here. I also freely admit I am on team muscle when it comes to "powerful" characters, whether or not they actually need to be muscular to be powerful. I mean, I get it the whole "well actually, IRL" argument, Superman could be a twig and still be ultra powerful, but that doesn't mean I want a statue like that.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 08:59 AM   #79
Halcyon
Loki

Talking

Quote:

OMG.. They made a Steven Seagal Colossus !
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 02:34 PM   #80
neo225
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronica View Post
Look like a transformer statue to me. Seem like XM just like to add bolts and nuts just for detailing sake. I really wonder whether they did any research on the character prior to designing the statue.
C'mon, this is XM . . . of course they didn't.
neo225 is offline   Reply With Quote