Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
This thread gonna hit 100 pages in 3 days !!

Yes.. there has been talk about the new Vader for quite a long time!

Short before SDCC it was posted, that there might be something for us who are waiting for the new Vader PF .. but nothing happened...

Is there any update.. tease.. preview.. coming up anytime soon ?

YOu know we need our new Vader PF so bad...
yes this too.
SS isn't going to have enough time to answer all the questions they are going to get bombarded with..
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #22
Bowen or Bust
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I know delays are common and expected nowadays but can you tell us the reason the Batman PF keeps getting delayed (9 months and counting).- (ie. something needed to be fixed)

Thanks
Bowen or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #23
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
I really really hope sideshow does a 1/4 Bane maquette. He is such a good villain and would be an awesome piece if done to the comic specs. Will this happen anytime soon Alex?

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #24
Asgardian
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Can we see something new for the God of Mischief - Loki (comic version) please?

Asgardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #25
Kadmos777
U talkin' to me?

This thread should be renamed to "Unleash the Kraken!"...I want to wish good luck to SS guys

PS: What's the next video game statue to be shown?
Kadmos777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #26
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Great questions thus far but I don't have many answers to give unfortunately (please see my original post in this thread to get more info on questions that may never get an actual answer)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
Is the joe statue and pf line dead? Also disney? Sales seem slow on past pieces but still sell well it looks like. No sneak peeks for either line and has been awhile since last releases
The Joe Statue PF and disney line are not dead but have quieted down for now. We'll keep people updated if/when news for either line is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
- is the disney animated villains line dead or not?
- are there any new game related pieces in the pipeline? (don't need to know what licenses or anything, just if there are any planned apart from deadwing)?

tnx ^_~
See my answer above in regards to the disney question.

Gaming - Nathan Drake Sixth Scale from Uncharted 3 (also seen at Comic-Con) and the Kerrigan Statue from Starcraft II coming down the pipeline too! I don't have any other info to share regarding gaming items beyond those at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Do the 5 Hulk heads Sideshow teased belong to a new PF with real clothes (and preferable solid), to a sixth-scale figure or another format and
when will the new Doom PF go up for PO?
Those would be PF heads for the Hulks!

Doom PF - sorry, but I have no news about the arrival of Victor von Doom for Pre-Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no gears View Post
Any word on the scale or timeline for Hobbit pieces? Also any truth to the Cave Troll pf?
Sorry, but this is another license that I have no news to share about right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Hi Alex,

Could you tell me if the legendary scale bust line for Marvel is dead or not? And if it's not, how likely is it it'll continue in the way you released the new Iron Man LSB (with one arm)?

Thnx
This is another line that has quieted down for now but not an abandoned line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
This is a great thread, one complaint we all have is that interaction with our favorite collectable company is somewhat limited at times and suggestions/input seems to go very much unheard or at least not acted upon. This could be the start of changing that.

With this in mind.. Alex, do you know if the alien big chap lsb's teeth are being altered at all? The piece is pretty spectacular but the one piece top and bottom blunt teeth ruin it somewhat overall, they also need chroming for sure. The warriors teeth are spot on which seems strange. I love it anyway but that final touch would complete it nicely after all of the hard work that must have gone into sculpting it.

Many thanks.

In fairness there is also this picture that suggests the teeth altered between suits, but whichever one you go with they aren't quite there yet.
The last update I had about this piece was that the teeth were not going to be chromed on the Big Chap. Now that could change. If it does that will be reflected most likely on the product page for the piece once it's available for Pre-Order OR would be announced prior to the item shipping to customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
A few random questions.

-Can you clear up the "issue" with Doom LSF weight (35lbs)? Any way to be sure if the armor will be made of polystone and not plastic?
-Any news about the Blade Runner license?
The weight of Doom is going to roughly end up weighing around the same as the Wolverine LSF (which is 40 lbs). Prototypes (at times) can sometimes weigh less than the final product, so once we have a final production piece the sell page for the item will be updated accordingly with final dimensions.

Sorry, I have no news to give about licenses we do not have and whether we will be acquiring them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeicrow View Post
SSAlex do you know if there is any gambit pf statue still around somewhere in the warehouse? I would love to buy that
We are all sold out of the X-Men ragin' canjun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
was wondering when there would be an ask SS thread.

so my question is..
what was the true story behind the missing saber hilt to the Kenobi Mythos statue? was it a decision by SS to not even have it made after advertising it on your website? or was it a factory error and that they didn't even make it. or worse they lost the original model before they could even mold it to produce the saber hilts for the statues?
reason why im asking is becasue a lot of people are thinking SS omitted them deliberately to save on costs. and in return didn't care about their customers and what they were expecting. and was accused of false advertising in a way to produce more sales. but i tend to believe (as some others do as well) it was a mistake of the factories and that they either forgot to make them or couldn't becasue the hilt was either not sent to them or that they lost the hilt prior to making the molds.
can you give any clarification on this?
Apologies but am not privy to information about the production of many pieces, so I really don't know why the saber for the Ben Kenobi Mythos Statue was omitted in the final run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
This thread gonna hit 100 pages in 3 days !!

Yes.. there has been talk about the new Vader for quite a long time!

Short before SDCC it was posted, that there might be something for us who are waiting for the new Vader PF .. but nothing happened...

Is there any update.. tease.. preview.. coming up anytime soon ?

YOu know we need our new Vader PF so bad...
This is another project that I have no additional information to share on. I believe a new Vader was confirmed as being in the works but I don't foresee any updates showing up before the end of the year...but ya never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
I really really hope sideshow does a 1/4 Bane maquette. He is such a good villain and would be an awesome piece if done to the comic specs. Will this happen anytime soon Alex?
Sorry, but I don't have information to share about future products. Given the popularity of Bane I can only imagine he would be represented in the future but I cannot confirm nor deny that one is actually in the works/coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen or Bust View Post
I know delays are common and expected nowadays but can you tell us the reason the Batman PF keeps getting delayed (9 months and counting).- (ie. something needed to be fixed)

Thanks
The #1 reason items get delayed is simply due to the fact that we want to ensure the best possible piece is being produced for fans of <insert name of collectible here>. So if more time is needed to make sure <insert name of collectible here> hits amazing status in production then that is what will happen. Another reason for delay could be the addition of a previously unannounced feature for a piece (such as a light-up feature) and getting that onto the piece.

As for Batman I know that one has been the case of wanting to ensure the caped crusader is just plain amazing looking, so in order to achieve that more time has been set aside.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #27
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Have you every thought of contacting Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro to get licensing for Magic the Gathering characters? I know you can make a crapload of money with that brand alone.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #28
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

not the answer I was hoping for.. but at least its in works ! I really apprecaite taking your time for all of us !!
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #29
Vallos
Jubilee

Hello, Alex, I know the Reaper General is sold out, but is there a waitlist?
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #30
Asgardian
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thank you for taking your time with us, SSAlex! Really appreciate!

Do you happen to know any Thanos projects that are in the works at the Sideshow Studio? I'd buy a Premium Format figure or a Comiquette of Thanos any day! Thank you.
Asgardian is offline   Reply With Quote