Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-21-2021, 10:45 AM   #431
Themarkmail
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Epic !! You sir got quite an amazing collection! Glad the rotunda found a way !!!
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:25 AM   #432
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themarkmail View Post
Epic !! You sir got quite an amazing collection!
Thanks man.
Required lots of sacrifices though.. including no vacation last year, quit smoking, and having to limit myself to pieces from the first movie only (let alone other statues in general).
But it's worth it, even if still a work in progress two rooms all JP are a childhood dream i never thought i'd see realized.

Also haven't shown, but this Rotunda is perfect next to Iron Studios pieces.
I kind of want to place it with them now, especially since their Rotunda will be 1:20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themarkmail View Post
Glad the rotunda found a way !!!
Me too, turned out much better than i thought.

I just wish it was heavier, to be coherent with other Chronicle pieces if anything.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:39 AM   #433
clutch
Sailor Moon

Soft but at least they didn't go the chocolate chip cookie route.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:55 PM   #434
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Soft but at least they didn't go the chocolate chip cookie route.
My thoughts as well. Holding out for better pics as VickPS suggested. It's certainly not as bad as the Breakout Rex, so anyone who was happy with that should be over the moon with this.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 04:37 PM   #435
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Thanks man.
Required lots of sacrifices though.. including no vacation last year, quit smoking, and having to limit myself to pieces from the first movie only (let alone other statues in general).
But it's worth it, even if still a work in progress two rooms all JP are a childhood dream i never thought i'd see realized.

Also haven't shown, but this Rotunda is perfect next to Iron Studios pieces.
I kind of want to place it with them now, especially since their Rotunda will be 1:20.

Me too, turned out much better than i thought.

I just wish it was heavier, to be coherent with other Chronicle pieces if anything.
Thanks for posting your collection - good to see the various JP statues in scale with one another.

Considering we almost never got a release of this statue, the CC T-Rex looks pretty good. I'm glad and disappointed at the same time that it is lightweight, as reported by you.

Is the T-Rex that towers over the CC statue from Prime 1 (i saw the goat)?

Did not realize the Prime 1 was that much bigger. The one that is smaller (compared to the CC) appears to be the Iron Studio one that attaches to the Jeeps. The scale of the CC T-Rex seems to be a good middle ground for displaying, not too big, not too small.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:01 PM   #436
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Holding out for better pics as VickPS suggested.
Still only from a phone, and this time with no natural light..

Spoiler

But should give the idea.

Paint scheme and application are great, by far the best T-Rex from Chronicle in this regard and maybe even in general.
You know a piece is good when it doesn't fall apart in photos with flash, considering even some actual Stan Winston pieces used in the movies looked legit bad in those circumstances.

Paint wise i noticed the best pieces from Chronicle all had prototypes painted by Alex Alva, the guy was great.

Sculpt detail is obviously nowhere near the 1:5, and there's less microdetail than the Prime 1 on neck and face, but the head is from the maquette so it's the closest thing to the CG version seen in the scene, even if a bit soft.

From a distance looks stunning, right next to P1 pieces truly blends perfectly and will be certainly interesting to compare with their Rotunda.

And now that i have it in hand i realized why neck and head looked and still look so weird in photos: most of it is lens distortion. In 3D you're always aware how much closer to the POV the head is compared to the body and it simply looks right and natural. I know it's late, but my apologies to Chronicle.

My only real issue with this piece is how light it is. The Rex especially is completely hollow, skin feels super thin and i hate it, by far the most fragile feeling high-end piece in the collection.
I'm one of those "heavy=quality" so it's bothering me more than it should, but the fact this piece costed more than the Raptor bust is insane in particular because of this.

Still, i love it and i'm super happy i got one.
There should be 250 of them out there but i don't know how many were actually produced, Sideshow mail said "quantities are extremely limited for this item". Mine is #99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Thanks for posting your collection - good to see the various JP statues in scale with one another.
You're welcome!

Quote:
Is the T-Rex that towers over the CC statue from Prime 1 (i saw the goat)?
No no, that's the Chronicle 1:5 Rex, a 8 feet long beast which, obviously, is the most valuable piece of the collection (with its shipping and import fees alone i could have bought the entire JP1 Prime 1 line currently on the market).

Quote:
The one that is smaller (compared to the CC) appears to be the Iron Studio one that attaches to the Jeeps.
That's the Prime 1 1:15 Rex, and yes, it is considerably smaller.

Quote:
The scale of the CC T-Rex seems to be a good middle ground for displaying, not too big, not too small.
It really is, the perfect scale for most collectors.
There's a Prime 1 version of the same scene coming which should be slightly bigger, and Iron Studios Rex is more or less the same size.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:09 PM   #437
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Thank you for all of the photos Vick. You're always very generous with detailed photos when you get a new piece

As for the Rotunda Rex, I think it looks really nice. I was on the fence about it initially, more so because of the pose. But evident by your photos, from the proper angle it looks really good. Congrats on the new piece, and probably the last Chronicle Collectibles piece that will ever reach customers.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:29 PM   #438
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
Thank you for all of the photos Vick. You're always very generous with detailed photos when you get a new piece
And you always the kindest. A true Canadian.

Quote:
As for the Rotunda Rex, I think it looks really nice. I was on the fence about it initially, more so because of the pose. But evident by your photos, from the proper angle it looks really good.
Yeah, i remember i tried to convince you it looked bad..
And honestly, it still looks kinda off to me in these photos, but then i look at the piece in front of me and it's a different story. These things are really meant to be seen in 3D.

Quote:
Congratz on the new piece, and probably the last Chronicle Collectibles piece that will ever reach customers.
True. I'd say unfortunately because i really wanted the Goggles, but at the same time i'm super relieved i won't have to sell a kidney for the 1:1 Rex head.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:52 PM   #439
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
And you always the kindest. A true Canadian.
Thanks eh

Quote:
Yeah, i remember i tried to convince you it looked bad..
And honestly, it still looks kinda off to me in these photos, but then i look at the piece in front of me and it's a different story. These things are really meant to be seen in 3D.
Haha, yes I remember that. I ended up becoming quite critical of this piece but seeing your photos I need to backtrack on my comments.
I think that's the biggest thing right there, seeing it in 3D. At the end of the day we can judge photos and videos all we want, but nothing beats seeing something first hand in person. It's very difficult to replicate that in a photo.

Quote:
True. I'd say unfortunately because i really wanted the Goggles, but at the same time i'm super relieved i won't have to sell a kidney for the 1:1 Rex head.
For me it was the Dilo. I'm a huge Dilo fan, and I remember that day vividly. I ordered mine the second it went live (it went live at 1500 CST, and my receipt was emailed to me at 1502 or something, so almost instantly). I can live without the Para maquette and breakout Raptor I also had on order, but I'm honestly a bit heartbroken about the Dilo. I doubt it had began production yet but if it suddenly came available on Sideshow like the Rotunda Rex did, I wouldn't be able to place an order fast enough.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:24 AM   #440
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Oh wao, so it did came out!!
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote