Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-06-2021, 09:53 AM   #21
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I think it is great that Tweeterhead is doing another Joker statue but I actually think that he could just reissue the first one and it would sell just as well.
This would be a hostile move against collectors who have the original. This is a hobby in which uniqueness is a major portion of a total value of the item.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:49 PM   #22
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Yeah, there are some pieces I'd snap up if certain companies ever re-released them, but it would undermine the collectors of the initial run and stain the companies reputation going forwards. Scarcity, limitedness, rarity -- whatever you want to call it -- these are the things that also excite collectors, and I think they'd be peeved with a re-release.

I can't imagine double-dipping on another Joker since I'd rather save the room for rogues or JL, but I'm glad others can add a TH Joker to their collection soon.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 05:01 PM   #23
Waga68
Fantastic Four

Would of preferred a Riddler, Penguin or Scarecrow statue.

Still can't believe there's no Flash statue.

I'm wobbling on dropping the line. Was hoping more first time characters would be mixed in with the re-boots.
Waga68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 05:04 PM   #24
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Excited to see this. I just hope Tweeterhead doesn't become Sideshow Junior.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 05:46 PM   #25
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waga68 View Post

I'm wobbling on dropping the line. Was hoping more first time characters would be mixed in with the re-boots.
I can definitely understand and agree with what you are saying about first time characters but I do think that they wanted to release (or re-release) characters that would be big sellers from the get go. I do think however that it is time for both Flash and Aquaman (which I think we are going to see one of those characters this year I believe).

If seeing these re-do's of characters draw more business to Tweeterhead to where down the road we will see more first time B and C characters produced then I am fine with that.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 06:38 PM   #26
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I think it is great that Tweeterhead is doing another Joker statue but I actually think that he could just reissue the first one and it would sell just as well.
I think it would sell well even as a reissue, but would ultimately be a horrible business decision.

Quote:
If seeing these re-do's of characters draw more business to Tweeterhead to where down the road we will see more first time B and C characters produced then I am fine with that.
Yeah, that seems to be the plan. Bowen did the same...have to sell the big names to support the smaller ones. I doubt this'll be the last Joker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waga68 View Post

We know there's a Scarecrow coming...I'd be surprised if the others didn't follow at some point.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:04 PM   #27
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
This would be a hostile move against collectors who have the original. This is a hobby in which uniqueness is a major portion of a total value of the item.
LOL Tweeterhead has already done it with the Julie Newmar 1966 Catwoman. Have you guys forgotten the Ruby Edition?
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:34 PM   #28
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
LOL Tweeterhead has already done it with the Julie Newmar 1966 Catwoman. Have you guys forgotten the Ruby Edition?
That's a fair point...hopefully that's a one-off. TH's audience has grown since then...many more eyes on them. Many more collectors involved. I think doing that now would be a huge issue for them.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:35 PM   #29
Mister H
Gen 13

I’ll be building a Batman rogues gallery starting with Scarecrow. Hopefully they’ll do Freeze, Bane, Two-Face, Man-Bat and Firefly. Call me weird but I’m not real crazy about the Joker. Over exposure I guess.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:51 PM   #30
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I’ll be building a Batman rogues gallery starting with Scarecrow. Hopefully they’ll do Freeze, Bane, Two-Face, Man-Bat and Firefly. Call me weird but I’m not real crazy about the Joker. Over exposure I guess.
You’re weird.

pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote