Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-18-2021, 07:22 PM   #581
Jungle Demon
Hydra

This is what I want : Feel free to share it in Prime 1 Facebook group : Let them know.
Quick composite in photoshop :
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:39 PM   #582
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsack Steve View Post
This is why Im happy asf to have this customised CM. It was done by Bjorn from Elm Studios
And that’s what we should be getting from P1 for the price we’re paying. Fantastic looking piece my friend.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:43 PM   #583
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I totally disagree... It's a common look for a reason, the only difference is it's done better than it's predecessors. (no pun intended)

The closed mouth looks sinister & evil. This half open looks dopey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
This is what I want : Feel free to share it in Prime 1 Facebook group : Let them know.
Quick composite in photoshop :
Good job. Closed mouth head is gonna be included with the DX. I’d bet the farm on it. just be prepared to pay for option.

After seeing this shop, it makes me appreciate the open mouth head and regular bio more.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:59 PM   #584
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
And that’s what we should be getting from P1 for the price we’re paying. Fantastic looking piece my friend.
Nice dude... I think if you move the head down a hair, so his neck isn't as long looking & increase the size of the head just a smidge, it will be more proportionally correct. Good job though!
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:17 AM   #585
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

I was wondering about taking the half open mandibles sculpt and heating up the parts slowly and pushing them together on the finished piece. I know its stated on some of the Predator prime 1 piece's that if a part is miss-shaped from shipping it can be slowly heated and pushed back. Wounder if the casting material, when heated, could be bent without harming the paint if done right and slowly? Could end up with closed mandibles if done carefully and incrementally .
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:09 AM   #586
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoldner View Post
I was wondering about taking the half open mandibles sculpt and heating up the parts slowly and pushing them together on the finished piece. I know its stated on some of the Predator prime 1 piece's that if a part is miss-shaped from shipping it can be slowly heated and pushed back. Wounder if the casting material, when heated, could be bent without harming the paint if done right and slowly? Could end up with closed mandibles if done carefully and incrementally .
Wow I would never dare and try to perform such an act of bravery, for me this kind of attempt is the same as performing an open-heart-surgery on a loved one

My first guess is that the mandibles probably won't break, but that the paint eventually will crack 'sooner or later'....

Only one way to find out right? Please let us know how it went
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:28 AM   #587
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoldner View Post
Won't work. Prime 1 use polystone. It's basically a synthetic stone. PS: Let them know that we want close mandible version. No one cared about half open version.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:25 AM   #588
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Let them know that we want close mandible version. No one cared about half open version.
indeed.. if you only read the posts from like-minded.

@SDguy, I often agree with you. ...but all these pred heads look pretty fine to me.
So Prime can even toss in a closed version. It is only money.. when it comes to predators ;-)
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:43 AM   #589
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
indeed.. if you only read the posts from like-minded.
The others are simply less compelling
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:08 PM   #590
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

they're gonna do us dirty and make us wait until next week.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote