Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 09-28-2022, 12:52 PM   #1071
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Any word on when Spec Fiction is going to ship this?
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:46 PM   #1072
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Well I received mine yesterday. I haven’t taken any photos, but I may add some to the thread in a couple of days.

But here are a few of my thoughts on the Black Widow (black version) 1/4 scale statue.

First this has got to be one of the smallest statue boxes I’ve received from Queen, and I thought the two Spidey boxes were small, but with the tiny base it’s equivalent to Sideshows smaller sized boxes.

I of course was slightly concerned if the hair would come broken, but it was packaged quite securely with a large cavity surrounding the hair so it shouldn’t break as it doesn’t come in contact with the surrounding styrofoam. However there is foam on the left side of the head (right side as you’re unboxing the body) to raise it further away from the styrofoam. As such I advise anyone who unboxes it to not simply take out the individual foam pieces before the body, but to slowly lift both out at the same time. It probably won’t make a difference, but better safe than sorry.

The base footprint is obviously very small. But sculpt wise on the slight rocky surface is okay, but it could’ve benefited from finer details. Though that’s the same complaints I had I believe for other 1/4 scale statues from Queen, such as their Thanos and CW Spidey.

Now where the sculpt work on the base may be lacklustre, the body sculpt is very nice with many fine details. The leather look is done with minute details and works very well at this scale. I’ve been very impressed with Queen’s fine details at this scale, as they been much better than the pieces I’ve received from other manufacturers such as Iron Studios and Prime 1.

The paint work is also very well done across the entire body sculpt. It’s almost pristine, as I was going over the statue with a fine tooth comb and no matter how thin the accent on the body was, there was no ‘overspray etc’. They must be using something extremely precise to paint such areas. Almost like it was painted with something as thin as a needle.

I’ve already put the statue away into a cabinet, so I had to thoroughly dust it before I put it behind glass. The only area which I was extremely careful with was the hair strands and the area on the back which it covers. I found that area to be the most covered in fine dust which I had to remove. I used the smallest brush I had to dust that area, and I went at it extremely slowly as I didn’t want to damage the hair. The hair does have some flexibility in them, but I was still very careful with it.

The foot peg does seem fairly substantial, but I am very slightly concerned it ‘might’ lean over time. Should be okay, but?

Another thing I was impressed with was with the ear rings on the statue. The tiniest holes I have ever seen have been drilled through the earlobes as the earrings can actually spin and aren’t glued in.

The hands holding the batons were also very well done. Very dainty fingers which have very finely painted and sculpted fingernails, and I didn’t notice any of the common sculpt or paint issues statues usually have when holding weapons in their hands.

For once I didn’t have any production issues whatsoever. The lack of a quality likeness is pretty much still the same as the prototype. So if you’re okay with the prototype you’ll be very pleased with the production piece. The paint work on the face sculpt is extremely well done, very much like their Tom Holland sculpts on Queen’s Spidey statues that I have. And also the only other prototype inaccuracy has to do with the lack of grey paint, but that’s how they did the prototype so that’s no surprise.

Essay done…..
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:18 AM   #1073
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Thank you so much for the lengthy but very informative review!!

Looking forward to see your pics of her!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 05:27 PM   #1074
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Sounds good phoenix, but did you really need to dust it? Sounds like she turned out like the proto which is all we could have really hoped for
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 05:31 PM   #1075
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Sounds good phoenix, but did you really need to dust it? Sounds like she turned out like the proto which is all we could have really hoped for
Most statues need to be dusted.

But I'm anal about such things, and whenever I put a statue in a cabinet to keep off the dust, I first remove the factory dust.
Old 09-29-2022, 11:59 PM   #1076
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Most statues need to be dusted.

But I'm anal about such things, and whenever I put a statue in a cabinet to keep off the dust, I first remove the factory dust.
I find dusting to be a great excuse to take the time to appreciate all the fine details of the statue anyways.
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:10 AM   #1077
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by romakrelian View Post
I find dusting to be a great excuse to take the time to appreciate all the fine details of the statue anyways.
But once I dust one, I rarely ever have to dust it ever again. At least the ones in cabinets anyway.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:17 AM   #1078
generalszabo

Fair enough, are you still waiting on the white? Would love to see pics in your display
Old 09-30-2022, 03:31 AM   #1079
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Fair enough, are you still waiting on the white? Would love to see pics in your display
Yep, still waiting on the White version from Sugo.

I’ll see if I can take any photos over the weekend (tomorrow). Won’t have the best lighting though as it’s currently in a Besta cabinet. Fits quite nicely since it’s such a small piece.
Old 09-30-2022, 08:16 AM   #1080
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Yep, still waiting on the White version from Sugo.

I?ll see if I can take any photos over the weekend (tomorrow). Won?t have the best lighting though as it?s currently in a Besta cabinet. Fits quite nicely since it?s such a small piece.
Cool, any pics are welcome. Mine will be going in a pax but might look similar. Always good to see how others display pieces