Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 08-12-2021, 06:04 AM   #171
deadpoolredsuit
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
That new 1/4 scale Iron Studio piece might be worth getting then, could be the last.
I have that on pre_order.

Maybe the Queen Studios will be the last?
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:19 AM   #172
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Yea... while I dont see it affecting done deals, imho its pretty likely that the current legal problems will kill any up and coming projects including this one as QS needs Disneys ok to move ahead and the company is no longer doing any business with her.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:36 PM   #173
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I think we're all just guessing at this stage

It was pretty clear that scarjo wasn't going to work with Disney any more, or vice versa, seeing as she sued them

I'm not completely sure this puts a stop to queen's plans, but we can only wait and see

And yeah this may make iron studios' more compelling but I still don't like the legs and base on that one, she looks a bit unnatural like sausage legs to me. If that was fixed I could look past the base
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:33 AM   #174
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Agree. Theres a likeness but the body isnt Scarletts at all, its more comic book inspired.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:40 AM   #175
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post
sad truth
she peaked in winter soldier
She peaked? Silas is right, that is harsh lol
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 10:26 AM   #176
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
Cool, thanks!

---

Reference: Timecode 30:37. John says they're waiting on final approval from ScarJo; Two versions coming, black suit and snow suit; says this is the first time it's been announced as such.
So what's the deal with this? It was announced "August" but it's almost the end of the month. Seems if they are waiting on her approval, maybe because of the Disney fiasco she will turn it down so Disney makes no profit off of this.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 10:35 AM   #177
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
So what's the deal with this? It was announced "August" but it's almost the end of the month. Seems if they are waiting on her approval, maybe because of the Disney fiasco she will turn it down so Disney makes no profit off of this.
It's still August. No need to worry just yet.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 12:33 PM   #178
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
She peaked? Silas is right, that is harsh lol
It's funny, nobody talks about "he's peaked" - for example with Ian Mckellen. It's as though the only thing these guys think she brings to the role is her looks.

I'm not white knitting here, or flying the ultra feminist flag, but it's straight up sad, and annoying, that her looks are the only thing these people see. It says more about them, then her ability to act.

.....still, why do I bother even mentioning this. Can you teach a caveman algebra?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 04:29 AM   #179
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
It would have to be Disney. After all the mess that occurred with WB putting their movie slate onto HBO Max, it doesn’t take a genius to know that it’s advisable that you renegotiate the contracts that it has with their talent. WB did it with WW but didn’t immediately do it with the rest that were announced to go onto HBO Max.
How do you know that Disney didn’t already have a clause addressing this? From my sources involved in writing these contracts there was already a stipulation that kicked-in in the event of an act of god such as a pandemic. It is actually ScarJo who is to blame for this as she got too greedy. If they had released the movie SOLELY in Theaters there’s no way her % of the gross would have ended up anywhere near where she’s claiming. Even Fast 9’s proceeds wouldn’t have resulted in the kind of payday she’s purporting.

She’s just a spoiled rich girl.

Hopefully she blows a boatload of money on lawyers and learns an expensive lesson.
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 06:10 AM   #180
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
How do you know that Disney didn’t already have a clause addressing this? From my sources involved in writing these contracts there was already a stipulation that kicked-in in the event of an act of god such as a pandemic. It is actually ScarJo who is to blame for this as she got too greedy. If they had released the movie SOLELY in Theaters there’s no way her % of the gross would have ended up anywhere near where she’s claiming. Even Fast 9’s proceeds wouldn’t have resulted in the kind of payday she’s purporting.

She’s just a spoiled rich girl.

Hopefully she blows a boatload of money on lawyers and learns an expensive lesson.
So, you think scarjo shouldn't get more money, due to something so unforeseen, when Disney is making billions upon billions of dollars? And because they launched on D+, she shouldn't get any of those profits (that's what she's fighting for). Funny, I wonder if people would still think this way if it were Chris Evans or RDJ.

Such a weird take.... I hope the polar opposite happens... cool to have opinions.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote