Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-06-2021, 11:27 AM   #11
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Just about any “serious” comic movie without the silly humor. You know, like many of the comics.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #12
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

I'm not sure how well it would translate into a movie but I'd love a Half Life movie trilogy that focused on Gordon, Alyx and Dr Vance. I'd want it done in non-chronological order. The start of the movie should be somewhere in Half Life 2 episode 1 that has a lot of flash backs that involve the original half life. There would be enough at the start to make the audience think "what the crap is going on" before we flash back to the begining.

Heck it could even be the G-man as the narrator through out the movie.
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:50 AM   #13
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
A true to the comic Dark Phoenix saga.
this would be my vote too

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Good one! Though, I think the best we're ever going to get is the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga that was included in the 90's Animated Series.
and its still amazing to this day If they combined all the phoenix saga and dark phoenix saga episodes into one long movie that would be awesome, but either way its better than anything else they've done recently
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:31 PM   #14
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Just about any “serious” comic movie without the silly humor. You know, like many of the comics.
Agreed. I'd almost say that the "comic book movie" has become a genre of its own, and every comic based film has to be in that genre. It's why I have hopes for The Batman, as it looks to be more of a crime thriller similar to Se7en (although I doubt it'll be a true crime thriller). Either way, it does become tiresome seeing the same formula again and again.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:47 PM   #15
ukshaun
Hercules

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=167258
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 02:37 AM   #16
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
a Legion of Super Heroes movie would be so cool. I think it could be successful and I could see it being done the way the Avengers movies were done.

I actually think it would be nice to see another animated series of the Legion, maybe a few movies that way.
Animated series or movies would be nice, but a big-budget FX movie would be awesome to me. If they want an effects-driven big screen franchise, that would be a good one. If there was a good reason to use 3D and IMAX it would be for movies like that. The United Planets in Legion would be like Star Trek, Star Wars etc. There's just so much to cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
The .00001% chance of ever getting Power Girl or her in a Justice Society film be top, but not holding my breath.

More possible is "Wonder Girl" or "Wonders" with Donna, Cassie, Yara and Artemis to fill out Diana's supporting cast.
It's hard to wish for any classic versions of the characters these days but Power Girl would be great. Who knows what version of Supergirl we will get in the Flash movie, but she doesn't look to be a well-known classic version. We're getting multiverse versions of characters (possibly made up for the movie) when many of the classic versions haven't even been established yet.

Would be great to see Donna and Cassie etc. but I don't count on WB to expand on these supporting characters. It's not like they give us well fleshed-out classic versions of the villains either e.g. Maxwell Lord and Cheetah.

The multiverse was more like a way to cover their inconsistencies rather than to expand and build on classic characters like in the comics.

I want to see that Amazons movie but I worry they might go into completely different direction than expected (see WW84) and not give us the characters and mythology that we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post
Agreed. I'd almost say that the "comic book movie" has become a genre of its own, and every comic based film has to be in that genre. It's why I have hopes for The Batman, as it looks to be more of a crime thriller similar to Se7en (although I doubt it'll be a true crime thriller). Either way, it does become tiresome seeing the same formula again and again.
I agree. When they see what's popular, they keep doing it. WB will be like, "Hey, Aquaman made a billion dollars. Let's keep doing that" meaning we will get more of that light stuff, lighter versions of the characters. The Batman and I guess the new Superman could be exceptions. But (since I follow DC more) I dread that the DCEU will go from one extreme (i.e. Batman v Superman) to the other.
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:53 AM   #17
Gravitron
Fantastic Four

They need to do a really good non animated Castle Vania film. The animated one is good but I imagine how awesome a live action film with all the myriad of monsters along with a decent script could be.
Gravitron is offline   Reply With Quote