Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-14-2022, 06:38 AM   #81
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- The Superman Justice (Ice Crystal) is ready for Pre-Order now! -

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1/6 scale DC EPIC DIORAMA series statue, Superman - Justice by David Finch! Having worked with XM to produce the Batman Sanity and Wonder Woman Courage dioramas, David is back to complete the trinity with a dynamic showstopper of a statue featuring the man of steel surrounded by some of his greatest foes in an epic struggle against evil! Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with XM’s famous quality finish, and comes in a bold, dynamic, and story-laden style.

Collectors will be able to choose between two gorgeous paint application variations. The first one allows collectors to appreciate the varied foes in full colour, with every carefully hand-painted character furnished with fleshed out textures and stunning detail. Positioned in the centre of it all is none other than Superman himself, struggling valiantly against all odds. The ice crystal version features his foes painted in the iconic colors of The Fortress of Solitude, providing an alternative reading of the statue, in which Superman’s foes are recreated as a memoir and representation of his many battles against them.

Superman is a guiding light and the embodiment of hope to all – even against insurmountable odds. But there's more to it all beneath the iconic blue uniform and flowing red cape. With this art piece, we explore Superman’s resolve and inherently dichotomous nature. Though not of earth, he goes out of his way to protect its inhabitants. While extremely powerful, he has a plethora of other mighty foes opposing him. And most of all, his tendency to spare the lives of his foes may very well come back to haunt him in unsuspecting ways. Still, he presses on with unwavering determination to stand up for what’s right to the point where it almost seems like his foes are desperately trying to capture him and obstruct his path of exacting justice."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 01:46 PM   #82
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Got my order in for the painted version at SF. With any luck, this will be my last big purchase for awhile.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 02:39 PM   #83
Wizard
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Got my order in for the painted version at SF. With any luck, this will be my last big purchase for awhile.
I never imagined ten years ago when I started collecting that I would consider purchasing a $3K piece. Alas, I can see myself buying only one this expensive - either this XM Superman Justice or JND?s upcoming Superman.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 02:48 PM   #84
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
I never imagined ten years ago when I started collecting that I would consider purchasing a $3K piece. Alas, I can see myself buying only one this expensive - either this XM Superman Justice or JND?s upcoming Superman.
I said the same thing when I purchased the JND Margot Robbie. LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 11:34 AM   #85
generalzodlives

I wish I could say that this was the most expensive collectible I've bought, but that's not even close to the truth. I'm definitely being pickier nowadays though. I passed on the Batman and Wonder Woman dioramas, but this Superman is a must-buy for me.
Old 12-15-2022, 11:41 AM   #86
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I really like this piece, I just wish XM would get away from all the characters having gritted teeth or open mouth yelling on their portraits for these dioramas.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 12:26 PM   #87
generalzodlives

If they're in the middle of fighting then I don't mind the yelling faces. I'm more bothered when they give a sculpt a passive or blank expression when they're in an action pose. Seems like if you were charging into battle you'd have some sort of expression on your face other than boredom.
Old 12-17-2022, 05:57 PM   #88
statuestudy
Frackin!

I bought the Batman “Sanity” statue despite missing The Riddler and Two-Faces suite not painted properly and have been waiting for the Superman one to come out, however I have a few issues with it.

A major villain that seems to missing is The Parasite. Why not include him? Most of the villains look like their New 52/Rebirth versions. I prefer classic 80’s/90’s character designs and that’s why I am not thrilled with Metallos look on this statue. Speaking of classic, Why no red trunks/yellow belt? That’s a major sticking point for me. If no red trunks on a Superman product I don’t buy it, even if the item has red trunks but the box/card art has no trunks I still don’t buy it. I’ve only bought Superman statues with red trunks. What’s with the unnecessary thick boarder around the “S” chest shield?

I am going to have to take time and think about it, hopefully not too much time considering the low edition size. I’d like to have it but it’s a lot of money to drop on something I am not totally in love with.
statuestudy is offline   Reply With Quote