Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-09-2023, 09:44 AM   #121
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
OR... some up us think any sort of fabric cape on a statue is tolerable at best (and always have). At best, meaning posed REALLY well, and made out of a material that compliments the statue. This batman has neither of those things going on, so, yeah, it looks bad.

I'm glad you like the capes on all your Batman statues. Honestly, it would be really awkward if you didn't lol.
Well, most of them are movie pieces, where you would think it makes more sense, but even in those recent threads, it's always the same complaints get posted. Just not as many.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 09:45 AM   #122
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Well, most of them are movie pieces, where you would think it makes more sense, but even in those recent threads, it's always the same complaints get posted. Just not as many.
Personally it has nothing to do with the character being movie or comic, but that's just me.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 09:52 AM   #123
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Personally it has nothing to do with the character being movie or comic, but that's just me.
Well on most movie pieces, there's usually no reason for the cape to be posed, as more often than not, it's either draped straight down his back, or completely outstretched as he's gliding etc. Usually there's no middle ground, especially for movie pieces which more often than not, are in museum poses. Whereas in comics, the cape is almost alive in those panels.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 09:55 AM   #124
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Well on most movie pieces, there's usually no reason for the cape to be posed, as more often than not, it's either draped straight down his back, or completely outstretched as he's gliding etc. Usually there's no middle ground, especially for movie pieces which more often than not, are in museum poses. Whereas in comics, the cape is almost alive in those panels.
Not to derail this thread, but I think that conversation has more to do with people collecting prop replicas vs statues. In my mind they are really different, and I prefer the latter.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 12:20 PM   #125
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Can't believe the cold reaction regarding this Bats? This is a masterful sculpt, with way better cut and sew than Penguin's coat! So what's the joke, as this Bats sculpt easily holds-up?

The crouched pose? What did you expect? The guy is balancing on a slanted steeple/roof, bracing to launch his grappling hook, makes logical sense, while the sculpt achieves beautiful balance.

Cloak/cape? I don't own many mixed media, but I've seen plenty, and this cut and sew looks to be really good.

If you don't agree, show me? What mixed media sculpts do you own, which you have obviously justified as being worthy, as compared to this?

Those who are on board for the Penguin sculpt, (regardless if it's never been done), how can you justify that coat, and yet be so, so offended by Bat's cloak?

From where I stand, a misguided, twisted joke.
Divo, sorry, but this hunched over Batman is not going to sell, let's say, over 300 pieces if put up for PO with a TBD ES.

If Sideshow is smart, she should preset the ES @ eg 400 to create FOMO, sell 200-300 pieces quickly and get some valuable cash in.

This hunched over Batman looking short and unimposing @ 700-750d is going to be a financial disaster for Sideshow if put up for PO without a LOW, extremely LOW, preset ES. Noone wants his Batman to be hunched over and short. Especially in the current climate with money and space being limited.

Sorry, Divo, but i strongly disagree.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 12:54 PM   #126
nearmint
Phoenix

Side view is pretty cool on this piece.

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 01:34 PM   #127
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Side view is pretty cool on this piece.

Still short and nothing special to pay ~ 700-750 bucks (in the current climate) with money and space constraints.

This won't sell. PERIOD. Forps said it. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

The sculpt is not bad (it is not the abomination Ghost Rider was) but it is too short and hunched over for collectors to churn out ~750d for this.

Forps never faults. I was the first mocking and explaining in details why Ghost Rider was a fail for the ages sculpt-wise or telling Sideshow to throw that garbage, white unpainted garage kit Star Wars line in the garbage bin. I even cant see it selling 400 pieces if Sideshow does not create FOMO by having a preset ES to entice collectors to PO.

This is going to be a financial disaster for Sideshow if she doesnt listen to Forps and acts smartly. I can't see this selling eg 1000 pieces which should be an expected ES for a character as popular as Batman, its a pity but do not sugarcoat things, guys.
Old 08-09-2023, 01:35 PM   #128
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Divo, sorry, but this hunched over Batman is not going to sell, let's say, over 300 pieces if put up for PO with a TBD ES.
We need to start writing down these predictions. Easy to stay confident if you never get called on it.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 01:40 PM   #129
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
We need to start writing down these predictions. Easy to stay confident if you never get called on it.
Write it down. It is going to sell ONLY IF Sideshow presets an ES of eg 400 to create FOMO.

Ask yourself if there is ONE reason to PO this Batman in the current climate. If there is ONE reason to churn out 700-750 bucks plus shipping and/or taxes for this.

Ask yourself, saberhagen.

Is this the QUINTESSENTIAL Batman ? No.

Does this sculpt ooze POWER and DOMINANCE ? No.

Do you feel the urge to buy it or PO it ? No.

Sideshow MUST, i repeat, MUST listen to Forps and preset the ES (@ 400-500?). It is the only way to quickly sell eg 300 pieces (FOMO, guys rushing to buy it due to a rather low preset ES) and then have another eg 100 pieces to sell after it gets produced.

I can't see this getting over 150-200 POs without a FOMO working for it, meaning with Sideshow leaving it as a TBD edition size.

Ask yourself the aforementioned questions and then come back to discuss if Forps is crazy or tries to save Sideshow from a financial disaster
Old 08-09-2023, 01:55 PM   #130
Forps is back
The Avengers

Well, the only reason this can get a higher ES (higher than 400/500) is the famous Sideshow rule

"Always have a Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman 1/4 up for sale or PO"

Otherwise, can anyone find a reason why a collector would feel urged to buy this Batman (if ofc Sideshow does not preset an ES) ?

Sideshow willingness to always have a Batman in stock is an unwritten rule, but the situation in the hobby is dire and i feel that Sideshow knows it and won't risk to produce eg 2000 pieces of this and have it in stock or in -25% promos for 2-3 years