Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-18-2020, 02:46 PM   #41
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Not everyone disliked the first JL either so why redo it?

I didn't care for MoS or BvS so the chances of me liking his JL are pretty slim.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Clearly there is a demand for the Snyder Cut. You aren't the only person in the world.

(By the way, I loathe Zack Snyder, too, but I'm not gonna deny reality.)
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:32 PM   #42
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Clearly there is a demand for the Snyder Cut. You aren't the only person in the world.

(By the way, I loathe Zack Snyder, too, but I'm not gonna deny reality.)
Demand doesn't always equal profit though when you're spending millions to make small percentage happy.

I think the last time I looked at the tweet numbers for #TheSnyderCut the largest number I saw was 50k tweets. It's a good number, but it does beg the question, does it warrant 30mil in reshoots and CGI and will it equate to a significant number of subscribers to the service to make it worthwhile?

Maybe, maybe not. I still think it sets a dangerous precedent for films though. "We didn't like this and the director says he wanted to do 'this', we demand you spend more money to make it happen". Pretty slippery slope there.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:41 PM   #43
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Not everyone disliked the first JL either so why redo it?

I didn't care for MoS or BvS so the chances of me liking his JL are pretty slim.
whether you or anyone else liked snyders previous work doesnt change the fact that dc basically yanked this project out from under him, cut it to pieces then taped it back together as they saw fit using someone elses work to further bastardize it. good or bad at least now we will get to see what snyder originally envisioned and intended. as an artist its something i can appreciate and why so many actors were vocal about letting a fellow artists vision come to fruition
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:51 PM   #44
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Demand doesn't always equal profit though when you're spending millions to make small percentage happy.

I think the last time I looked at the tweet numbers for #TheSnyderCut the largest number I saw was 50k tweets. It's a good number, but it does beg the question, does it warrant 30mil in reshoots and CGI and will it equate to a significant number of subscribers to the service to make it worthwhile?

Maybe, maybe not. I still think it sets a dangerous precedent for films though. "We didn't like this and the director says he wanted to do 'this', we demand you spend more money to make it happen". Pretty slippery slope there.
It's already happened before with the Exorcist Prequel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorci...ing#Production
Old 06-18-2020, 03:56 PM   #45
Mister H
Youngblood

I’ll watch it. I’m assuming they think that Darkseid and Deathstroke will generate interest in another JL movie. Even if it’s way better than the theatrical version though, it’ll still have the Flash in it.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:58 PM   #46
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:

I only see this as a slippery slope if this is a hit for WB/HBO. If not any studio can just go "Snyder Cut had huge campaign, and no one watched" to shut down this idea repeating.

I think this scenario has a lot of elements that led us here so I'll be surprised if it becomes a common trend.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:00 PM   #47
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
It's already happened before with the Exorcist Prequel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorci...ing#Production
Yep, and they're both awful, and neither really made any money for the studio.

This film is actually why I question the whole SnyderCut movement.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:04 PM   #48
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Yep, and they're both awful, and neither really made any money for the studio.

This film is actually why I question the whole SnyderCut movement.
I hope that Warner does lose money on this endeavor. Maybe they'll finally learn that no one should give Zack Snyder money for big budget tentpoles anymore.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:22 PM   #49
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
I hope that Warner does lose money on this endeavor. Maybe they'll finally learn that no one should give Zack Snyder money for big budget tentpoles anymore.
I think AT&T being in charge now doesn't help things. They're notorious for making horrible decisions.

Like during a pandemic putting up the Video Game arm of the company to focus on films and tv, because you know, video games don't make any money and people aren't gaming more than ever during the pandemic.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:36 PM   #50
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I’ll watch it. I’m assuming they think that Darkseid and Deathstroke will generate interest in another JL movie. Even if it’s way better than the theatrical version though, it’ll still have the Flash in it.
LOL too true
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote