Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-14-2021, 11:44 AM   #361
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Is it a working zipper on the coveralls? I might decide to steam out some wrinkles.
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 01:41 PM   #362
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
We didn’t want that much flesh tone but it wasn’t over done. The amount still looks good given the mask is suppose to have flesh tones because it is a shatner mask paint white in the movie.
No, it's not supposed to have flesh tones. The movie, it has no flesh tones because it's supposed to be white/grey mask.

The mask was a Shatner mask, painted FOR the movie , not IN the movie.

Big difference.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:12 PM   #363
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
No, it's not supposed to have flesh tones. The movie, it has no flesh tones because it's supposed to be white/grey mask.

The mask was a Shatner mask, painted FOR the movie , not IN the movie.

Big difference.
Agreed. I don’t think it looks good at all. And looks nothing like the 1/3 in terms of paint application. I wanted to order this and was really looking forward to it since it’s reveal during SS virtual con last year. Since then it has become a piece I no longer want. Very sad. Even with covid, I think the production of this could’ve been and should’ve been better overseen. If you can’t make it in person it’s not really a problem in this day and age with the technologies we have. Most things can be handled virtually with Zoom, FaceTime, or even old fashion emails if need be. Still this is what we ended up with. Covid is no excuse imo. A reason yes. But no excuse for the execution on this one.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:09 AM   #364
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Thx brother. I appreciate it. Mine is cracked.
Hey General, where is there a crack on your Michael Myers head sculpt? Are you able to post pics?
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 09:17 AM   #365
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hey General, where is there a crack on your Michael Myers head sculpt? Are you able to post pics?
Turns out it isn’t cracked. Those tears in the mask are meant to be there. Mine just looked funny from a certain angle. I saw other pictures with portraits that looked like mine. You think yours is cracked?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 11:50 AM   #366
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Turns out it isn’t cracked. Those tears in the mask are meant to be there. Mine just looked funny from a certain angle. I saw other pictures with portraits that looked like mine. You think yours is cracked?
I don't own this statue myself, but thanks for the head's up though!
Old 03-20-2021, 12:11 PM   #367
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Just to let everyone know who owns the 1/4 Michael Myers statue, the line on the left and right side of the mask is meant to be there, as i googled pics of the screen worn 1978 mask, and it also has them, and the same with the small hole on the left hand side of the mask.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:58 PM   #368
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Agreed. I don’t think it looks good at all. And looks nothing like the 1/3 in terms of paint application. I wanted to order this and was really looking forward to it since it’s reveal during SS virtual con last year. Since then it has become a piece I no longer want. Very sad. Even with covid, I think the production of this could’ve been and should’ve been better overseen. If you can’t make it in person it’s not really a problem in this day and age with the technologies we have. Most things can be handled virtually with Zoom, FaceTime, or even old fashion emails if need be. Still this is what we ended up with. Covid is no excuse imo. A reason yes. But no excuse for the execution on this one.
So true. I'm actually annoyed at PCS for dropping the ball so badly as from the proto, this looked to be the only piece I wanted this year. Now, I couldn't care less about it. I HATE the cheesy pics on the base and when looking at the 1/3 base compared to the 1/4... the 1/4 is a disaster and hideous. I do hope PCS makes another myers 1/4 with a proper and classic base like the 1/3 or that Sideshow gets the ball rolling on their own 1/4 now that they have a Myers license too
mistermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 11:46 PM   #369
Dr Herbert West
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Just to let everyone know who owns the 1/4 Michael Myers statue, the line on the left and right side of the mask is meant to be there, as i googled pics of the screen worn 1978 mask, and it also has them, and the same with the small hole on the left hand side of the mask.
Those lines are the glue lines on the original mask where they tore off “William Shatner’s” sideburns. They also tore off the eyebrows as well.
Dr Herbert West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 09:18 PM   #370
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
If it’s based off the remake it’s pretty good. I retract my previous comment.
Like I've said, you need to think before you speak, Corky.
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote