Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 07-06-2023, 05:50 PM   #1
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Denver Nuggets 2023 NBA Champs!

Surprised this wasnt already here! This is my team, my boyhood team, and a team that I worked for a couple of seasons as a ballboy/locker room attendant. In all those years, you could barely find any Denver Nuggets merchandise in the city of Denver! I had an Alex English T-shirt (found only at the arena) a Fat Lever T-Shirt and a Michael Adams T-Shirt and I never once saw another kid wearing any of them. This was IN Denver!

So, to see my team, a team that barely ever had any kind of a following, climb the mountain and win a championship, well I just love those guys and it was a moment I never thought I would get to enjoy. Jokic, Murray, Gordon, KCP, Green, Braun, Brown, MPJ and all the rest, you guys are immortals!
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 06:00 PM   #2
Mister H
Green Goblin

Congrats! I don’t have a favorite NBA team but I like this Nuggets team. I remember when Mutombo and his Nuggets team beat the Sonics in the playoffs years ago. Loved that series.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 01:53 PM   #3
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I find it funny how some fans seem mad that Jokic just doesn't seem to care much about winning like it's just a job to him lol
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:14 PM   #4
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Congrats! I don?t have a favorite NBA team but I like this Nuggets team. I remember when Mutombo and his Nuggets team beat the Sonics in the playoffs years ago. Loved that series.
Funny enough, I was there for Mutombo's first ever practice with the Nuggets after they drafted him and Mark Macon (Bust). Thats how far back I go to when I worked for the team, LOL. Mutombo was a class act. I got invited to the team dinner his rookie year and had this raspberry colored string tie that Mutombo thought was the funniest damn thing. It was a riot to hang out with those guys. Oddly enough that upset (Seattle series) happened just after I got out of OSUT training at FT Knox (combination of AIT and Basic). I had been following the series in the paper, and made it to Houston in time to watch game 5 with my family. I then saw them in the next round against Utah before heading to S. Korea, to this day the last NBA game I have attended in person (Army has taken me all over the world the last 30 years but not to any NBA games).

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I find it funny how some fans seem mad that Jokic just doesn't seem to care much about winning like it's just a job to him lol
Oh he cares about winning, and not letting his team down. Its just that basketball is not more important to him than at least 5 other things, notably family and horses. I find it pretty refreshing honestly. The league has no clue how to promote a guy like that though.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 11:46 PM   #5
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I’m a Denver resident and was stoked as hell when they won. They dominated like the Denver Avalanche did the prior year! Awesome to be a sports fan in The Mile High City!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 12:45 PM   #6
Evaa
Doh!

I don't have a favorite team, but I always enjoy watching. I recently started using https://ggbetph.net/en/ and so far I have only positive impressions. Their platform provides a wide range of sporting events to bet on and good odds. I like their interface and ease of use. I had no problems with withdrawals, the process was quite fast. As for support, they provide online chat where you can get help with any questions. GGbet is licensed and has a pretty good reputation among players. They also cooperate with several major sporting events, which in my opinion shows that they take their business seriously.
Evaa is offline   Reply With Quote