Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-15-2021, 06:05 AM   #201
French Cancan
Deadman

The P1 LYNDA

Ok, take a ruler, measure on your screen, compare, and the evidence is obvious on photo P1, the head is clearly undersized.

The real Lynda

French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:41 AM   #202
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I can’t believe the shipping window is NOV-JAN.
I hear you. Prime 1 has taken the lead in my book as having the most delayed statues. I have their Mera 1:3 scale statue pre-ordered, which had an original release window of July - Sept 2020. Now its window is Aug - Oct 2021. That's potentially 13 months overdue so far. And that's a pre-order from March 2019. So with 16 months of lead time they couldn't hit a 3 month window and have since pushed it out another 13 months beyond (so far). I would concede that it was Covid related but the same thing happened when I pre-ordered their Batgirl Arkham Knights 1:3 scale statue, well before Covid. A Nov - Jan release date for this WW seems unimaginable.

Someone else mentioned that, since this is in collaboration with Blitzway, the release window may actually be hit. I don't want to get my hopes up but the optimist in me can't help but entertain the thought that it could happen!

Either way, we'll find out in a relatively short amount of time...
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:41 AM   #203
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Blitzway isn't great at hitting deadlines either so I can't imagine this gets released anywhere near that window.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:33 AM   #204
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Yes, you have a fair observation. How does this look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
The P1 LYNDA

Ok, take a ruler, measure on your screen, compare, and the evidence is obvious on photo P1, the head is clearly undersized.

The real Lynda

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:14 AM   #205
pdenham
Teen Titans

That might be a hair too big...or not.

The neck needs to be scaled as well - not longer, but wider. Right now that's making the head size look out of scale in the other direction.

I take back what I said about the hands on the statue.
If that photo hasn't been manipulated...Oh Boy! Did she have some big mitts on 'er. Especially at the end of those straw-thin forearms.

I'm gonna need to spin an ep tomorrow to scope that out because I never once ever noticed her looking like that before.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:29 AM   #206
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
That might be a hair too big...or not.

The neck needs to be scaled as well - not longer, but wider. Right now that's making the head size look out of scale in the other direction.

I take back what I said about the hands on the statue.
If that photo hasn't been manipulated...Oh Boy! Did she have some big mitts on 'er. Especially at the end of those straw-thin forearms.

I'm gonna need to spin an ep tomorrow to scope that out because I never once ever noticed her looking like that before.
Challenge accepted. Keeping it simple, I didn't mess with the hair, just scaled it with the head. Widened neck and smaller head than my first attempt. I tried her head based on the real photo and her head to breast ratio. But I think Prime 1 was generous with Lynda's bust size. Arms raised like that stretches and flattens the breasts.

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:28 AM   #207
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Challenge accepted. Keeping it simple, I didn't mess with the hair, just scaled it with the head. Widened neck and smaller head than my first attempt. I tried her head based on the real photo and her head to breast ratio. But I think Prime 1 was generous with Lynda's bust size. Arms raised like that stretches and flattens the breasts.

I have a feeling K.A. Kim isn't a digital sculptor, is she? Because the tweaks to improve this would be relatively efficient and painless in the digital realm.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 06:14 AM   #208
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post

VoilĂ-! Nice work. I can see Lynda now.

Indeed, I don't think K A Kim is a digital sculptor.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:33 AM   #209
Don-Jack
Frackin!

Lynda's face from the edge of one cheek to the other is roughly 0.75 of the width of her thigh. I measured the second photoshopped picture and it's around that so that's really the more accurate one. On the actual statue it's like 0.70.

She does have large hands, specially lenghty fingers. They did the hands right, but the head being too small made them look even bigger.

It can be kinda tricky for sculptors to do it with photo reference because her appearance changed a lot throughout the 3 seasons. She, ahem, filled the costume better at the start of season one and again on season 3 which made her head look smaller compared to the body, while season 2 she had the tiniest waist giving her more curves. Her face also changed due to weight differences and specially because of makeup changes.
Don-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:06 PM   #210
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The body is superb, but I hope they do something with the head/neck/face.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote