Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 06-16-2021, 01:45 PM   #661
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Yowsa, she looks amazing. I don't think I ever knew this piece existed. Wonderful score, congrats!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:14 PM   #662
Asgard
Deadman

Congrats

I'll also buy her one day.
I recently saw the statue on ebay but i have to many pre-orders. But one day ....
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:09 PM   #663
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
WOW, that looks perfect! Congrats!
There are one or two marks. Nothing too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Yowsa, she looks amazing. I don't think I ever knew this piece existed. Wonderful score, congrats!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Congrats

I'll also buy her one day.
I recently saw the statue on ebay but i have to many pre-orders. But one day ....
Mine shipped from Germany. A German seller. Odd thing is, they claimed to send the piece via DHL. It appears they used economy German post? ..why make the DHL bit up?

A US seller has had the piece listed on ebay forever. They are aksing to much for someone outside the US, as shipping and import pushes the price up too much.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:28 PM   #664
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Mine shipped from Germany. A German seller. Odd thing is, they claimed to send the piece via DHL. It appears they used economy German post? ..why make the DHL bit up?

A US seller has had the piece listed on ebay forever. They are aksing to much for someone outside the US, as shipping and import pushes the price up too much.
Yeah, i had this statue on my ebay-watchlist.
He still has Machiko Noguchi.

If I know correctly, DHL is the parcel service (and thus a subsidiary) of Deutsche Post.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:47 PM   #665
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Yeah, i had this statue on my ebay-watchlist.
He still has Machiko Noguchi.

If I know correctly, DHL is the parcel service (and thus a subsidiary) of Deutsche Post.
I own Machiko Noguchi. Excellent piece! ..i picked mine up off of ebay, from a Dutch seller for quite a good price

LOADING: Image(s)

Odd. DHL US - UK arrives quickly, in a yellow DHL van.
DHL (german parcel service) Germany - UK economy is slow, and arrives in an unmarked white van.
The tracking number failed to work on the offical DHL website? (17TRACK tracked the parcel without issue)

I am not too bothered, other than i paid 99 euros for DHL delivery, which costs 24 euros not DHL/German economic delivery. The important thing is, the statue arrived unbroken. I am currently working on recovering the postal difference
For the moment, the seller has failed to respond. I will give them more time. I am a good ebay'er. If push comes to shove, it will leave me no choice but to contact ebay to deal with the matter. 75 euros is 75 euros.

Maybe the German ebay seller confused the DHL known world-wide with the German postal service?
..as the parcel ended up in the hands of the UK postal service known as Parcelforce.

When i questioned the seller with regards to Parcelforce delivering a DHL parcel they wrote:
'I dont know why that is, maybe because of Corona.'

Other than that, the seller seem's kind of honest, and packs item's well

Gentle Giant - Shanna the She-Devil 1/4

Arrived in good shape
Old 06-17-2021, 03:25 AM   #666
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:

Sculpted by none other than Will Harbottle during his days at Gentle Giant

This arrived today. This is one of those piece's that has been on my wants list for a considerable
time. All i can say is, i am happy to have the piece in my collection. Unlike many 1/4 statues
which require assembly, Shanna comes in just two pieces. Shanna and the reptile. What i call,
a true statue.

I took some outside shots, as i figured that's where Shanna is, having just caught her dinner
Niiice! i remember POing that on release years ago at BBTS for around $350 when 1/4 statues were still that cheap...still packed in the box since day after inspection...
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:34 AM   #667
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
I own Machiko Noguchi. Excellent piece! ..i picked mine up off of ebay, from a Dutch seller for quite a good price

Odd. DHL US - UK arrives quickly, in a yellow DHL van.
DHL (german parcel service) Germany - UK economy is slow, and arrives in an unmarked white van.
The tracking number failed to work on the offical DHL website? (17TRACK tracked the parcel without issue)

I am not too bothered, other than i paid 99 euros for DHL delivery, which costs 24 euros not DHL/German economic delivery. The important thing is, the statue arrived unbroken. I am currently working on recovering the postal difference
For the moment, the seller has failed to respond. I will give them more time. I am a good ebay'er. If push comes to shove, it will leave me no choice but to contact ebay to deal with the matter. 75 euros is 75 euros.

Maybe the German ebay seller confused the DHL known world-wide with the German postal service?
..as the parcel ended up in the hands of the UK postal service known as Parcelforce.

When i questioned the seller with regards to Parcelforce delivering a DHL parcel they wrote:
'I dont know why that is, maybe because of Corona.'

Other than that, the seller seem's kind of honest, and packs item's well

Arrived in good shape
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:58 PM   #668
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Awesome ! Machiko is great and Shenna is a beauty. Congratz to you for this beauties!
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:55 AM   #669
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
I popped an email over to ParcelForce. They replied:
Yes, we deliver some DHL parcels from Germany. They are handed to us when they reach the UK. - ParcelForce

That's news to me. DHL picking up a parcel in one country, and handing it over to the regular parcel courier in the destination country. If i sent something DHL, UPS etc, i'd expect that company to deliver it.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:56 AM   #670
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Awesome ! Machiko is great and Shenna is a beauty. Congratz to you for this beauties!
Thanks. Machiko is a great piece. If i wanted to be picky, the base could use a re paint to take it to another level.