Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-04-2022, 02:01 AM   #1
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Proof Sideshow sells returns

Alright, I?m just going to say it, for the last couple of years it has seemed like Sideshow has been mailing it in. Customer Service has dropped off, they have been a lot harder to deal with in general. I also got what was an obvious return in that time span, pieces didn?t fit, dog hair in the box, well it just happened again! About a year or two ago they wouldn?t ship me my Gambit EX to me
at my location due to the box size. So I had it sent to my Sisters and picked it up last week.

When I saw the generic box, frankly my heart sank. I just knew they had pulled some kind of a fast one on me. I drove it and a few other things 2,500 miles home, and, sure enough, they sent me another return. These lazy SOB?s actually just slapped a new SS sticker over the already opened, cut one. WTH? Pieces had obviously been swapped out, bags taped together, things don?t fit together quite the way they should.

Are they worth trusting for this kind of cash? I?d say no. I?m happy with my collection, but I think this was pretty much it for me. Nothing about this experience is ?Premium? and I?ve been called a fanboy on here many times for my love and support of them. Sideshow has changed, and not for the better.

What is worse IMO is that this wasn?t some late WL, lucky to get it kind of thing. I pre ordered the damn thing. They knew I had no way of checking it, and sent me spare parts. Attachment 153462
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BE5D6E7E-9FA4-4787-840E-0BE1C0AD9B4C.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	153463   Click image for larger version

Name:	F7F02533-D13B-40AA-A2ED-A37ABF04AE44.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	153464  
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 02:06 AM   #2
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Beware the generic SS shipper!Click image for larger version

Name:	499B63DB-DF8A-4BA3-80C0-FE05D4BFF364.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	153465
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 03:25 AM   #3
Royalguard
The Avengers

Damn that really isn’t right…
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 05:42 AM   #4
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Another nail in the coffin - which is statue collecting. Sideshow is now one of the cheapest brands you can buy - based on most other brands being WAY overpriced....maybe they see that as a reason to reduce Customer Care.

Somehow "Buy Once, Cry Once" - doesn't apply to this hobby.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 06:20 AM   #5
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Beware the generic SS shipper!Attachment 153465
I had that with there recent Harley on wheels statue. Wasn?t too happy about it. But the statue itself had no issues with it.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 07:34 AM   #6
BurningRage
Inhumans

People have reported getting HT like that. I had that generic brown shipper with some PCS statues from them too. Really that should be on Sideshow seconds and not charging you full price for it. You now have to be in the first batch to insure you don’t get a return.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 09:03 AM   #7
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Yeah sucks. We’ve known for years they’ve been shipping out returns as new. IIRC they denied the practice, but there have been pics and reports. God only knows what mental and semantical gymnastics they were using to justify their denial.
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 11:24 AM   #8
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This is why custom companies on Facebook and Instagram are booming. Statue collecting isn't a dying hobby. It's the once top companies that are increasing prices while giving lousier and lousier products and customer service that are dying off.

I just received a dream character custom statue the other day that arrived with a broken piece. With no questions asked, and no ridiculous return/CS nonsense to go through, they've already recasted the broken piece and are sending out a replacement to me within the one day I told them.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 01:01 PM   #9
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
This is why custom companies on Facebook and Instagram are booming. Statue collecting isn't a dying hobby. It's the once top companies that are increasing prices while giving lousier and lousier products and customer service that are dying off.

I just received a dream character custom statue the other day that arrived with a broken piece. With no questions asked, and no ridiculous return/CS nonsense to go through, they've already recasted the broken piece and are sending out a replacement to me within the one day I told them.
They recast, painted and shipped your piece within a day?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 01:45 PM   #10
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
They recast, painted and shipped your piece within a day?
The piece that broke, yea. Not the entire statue. They probably had extra parts already made and painted anyways.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote